bobtrann

k-1 horror story

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just wanted to share a true visa horror story.

A viet lady was sponsored by this "nice" american viet guy. Once in the US, he kept her practically locked in the house and only fed her instant noodles everyday. He didn't let her have any friends or visitors. One day, she managed to escape and eventually made her back to HCM city. She was my fiancee's neighbor.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hmmm so know who you are about to marry. Hope the other k visa applicants will take note.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

A viet lady was sponsored by this "nice" american viet guy. Once in the US, he kept her practically locked in the house and only fed her instant noodles everyday. He didn't let her have any friends or visitors. One day, she managed to escape and eventually made her back to HCM city. She was my fiancee's neighbor.

Hi,

It can happen always.It is really very bad story.How long they knew each other and if he is weirdo like that he should had this in his background I think.It is really bad and i wish no one will have story like this.It is really bad because fiancées come to US from far and then have no chice even to do something,but still need have faith and try to go to police.

Timeline

Or it could be as true as any other outlandish story that is told sometimes. Take anything you hear over there as a true story with a grain of salt.

Timeline

What's the punch line? Don't marry a Viet Kieu? America is a bad place?

Also, the 'horror' part of your horror story is lacking (though I do find the thought of instant noodles to be a little terrifying). Besides the instant noodles and keeping her 'practically' locked up, what did he do or force her to do? Did he beat her senseless everyday? Subject her to sexual abuse? Make her watch daytime TV? What? When she escaped, why didn't she go to the cops? How, exactly, did she 'make her way' back to HCM? It's not like you have to sneak out of the United States.

I'm sorry to be so cynical, but there were a rash of similar stories making their way around Cuba in the late 60's and early 70's in an effort to stop the flow of people trying to escape. I've also heard there were similar stories making the rounds in the Soviet Union and China, and stories like this are broadcast on state TV in North Korea. This seems to be a common part of the communist propaganda machine.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed and member's access to this thread removed for trying to instigate a fight.

late edit: had to remove another post that quoted the removed post.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What's the punch line? Don't marry a Viet Kieu? America is a bad place?

Also, the 'horror' part of your horror story is lacking (though I do find the thought of instant noodles to be a little terrifying). Besides the instant noodles and keeping her 'practically' locked up, what did he do or force her to do? Did he beat her senseless everyday? Subject her to sexual abuse? Make her watch daytime TV? What? When she escaped, why didn't she go to the cops? How, exactly, did she 'make her way' back to HCM? It's not like you have to sneak out of the United States.

I'm sorry to be so cynical, but there were a rash of similar stories making their way around Cuba in the late 60's and early 70's in an effort to stop the flow of people trying to escape. I've also heard there were similar stories making the rounds in the Soviet Union and China, and stories like this are broadcast on state TV in North Korea. This seems to be a common part of the communist propaganda machine.

Jim the sad thing is that there are thousands of such cases like this that REALLY do happen. This is why they do a criminal background check now on all petitioners, making sure to look for any types of spousal abuse, battery, or sexual crimes.

This is truly such a wide spread thing that CSI even made a episode about it. Some men in America want the pretty little trophy wife, and they have put locks on the fridge, put double keyed locks on the doors leading outside, and set the alarm when they leave. They also limit the contact with the outside world their wife has. They want to make sure she stays skinny, and never leaves.

I also agree that there is information lacking, if she was locked up and escaped, how did she get the money for a plane ticket??? But regardless of the details that are missing people need to judge for themselves what is real and what is not. You need to know who you are involved with, and realize that some people are not who they seem. There are many messed up people in the world willing to take advantage of a woman, or a man at any turn. Be safe and know your partner, and always have an out!

Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I don't doubt that something like that could happen in the USA, but it would be nice if there was some sort of verification.

There have been at least 3 Vietnamese wives held captive, and then killed, by their Korean husbands. Here's links to the stories of 2 of them

http://www.saigon-gpdaily.com.vn/National/Society/2010/7/83848/

http://briandeutsch.blogspot.com/2008/03/guy-in-daejeon-murders-vietnamese-wife.html

Stories like that are the reason for the mental health check, for marriages in Vietnam, and IMBRA for the US based marriages.

Filed: Timeline

I say b. s. prolly. i juust found out my ex wife has been telling people i made her take of my shoes and smell my socks. this is not true at all, however she did take off my shoes from time to time and i would ask her if my feet stink and she would smell my sock make a funny face and smile and throw a sock at me.how can some one defend themself againsnt alligations? i can only say look what she did .. she ran off with a 60 yr old man that was married for 25 years .do you really think thats what a good person does?beleave what you want.

Timeline

Jim the sad thing is that there are thousands of such cases like this that REALLY do happen. This is why they do a criminal background check now on all petitioners, making sure to look for any types of spousal abuse, battery, or sexual crimes.

This is truly such a wide spread thing that CSI even made a episode about it. Some men in America want the pretty little trophy wife, and they have put locks on the fridge, put double keyed locks on the doors leading outside, and set the alarm when they leave. They also limit the contact with the outside world their wife has. They want to make sure she stays skinny, and never leaves.

I also agree that there is information lacking, if she was locked up and escaped, how did she get the money for a plane ticket??? But regardless of the details that are missing people need to judge for themselves what is real and what is not. You need to know who you are involved with, and realize that some people are not who they seem. There are many messed up people in the world willing to take advantage of a woman, or a man at any turn. Be safe and know your partner, and always have an out!

Jerome

Yeah, I know this sort of stuff happens. The problem I had was that the horror story consisted of five brief sentences, one of which was "She was my fiancee's neighbor", and the horror part of the story was missing.

He kept her locked up in the house everyday? What exactly does THAT mean? Was she hand cuffed to a water pipe in the basement, or he just didn't give her the keys to the car? You could say that I keep MY wife locked up in the house every day. The truth is that she doesn't have a driver's license yet (the kids finally passed their driving test - Yay!). I'm her chauffeur. I take her wherever she wants to go, whenever she wants to go there.

He only fed her instant noodles every day? My wife buys that stuff by the CASE! She loves it!

She managed to escape, and made her way back to HCM? Once out of the house, she would only have to make it to a phone and call the police. After that, she'd get all the help she needed. It's not like you have to sneak onto a leaky fishing boat to leave the United States.

What I'm complaining about is that he teased us with a tantalizing headline, and then gave the summary of the Cliff's Notes version. Where's the beef? :wacko:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

In Vietnamese culture cooking is women job; saying husband feed his wife with instant noodle mean the wife never do cooking the most lazy women I ever seen

I see some girls they live quite luxury in Vietnam when come here they cánt speak, cánt find good job, and very disappoint about American dream. what they can do is running back to their parent

CR1 timeline:

11/2008: submit I130

11/15/2008: case sent to CSC

06/02/2009: uscis approval

08/05/2009: interview-get blue slip request timeline

08/25/2009: submit timeline - get denial blue slip

Không có gì quý hơn độc lập tự do."

Tôi biết nó, thằng nói câu nói đó

Tôi biết nó, đồng bào miền Bắc này biết nó

Việc nó làm, tội nó phạm ra sao

Nó đầu tiên đem râu nó bện vào

Hình xác lão Mao lông lá

Bàn tay Nga đầy băng tuyết giá

Cũng nhoài qua lục địa Trung Hoa

Không phải xoa đầu mà túm tóc nó từ xa

Nó đứng không yên, tất bật, điên đầu

Lúc rụi vào Tàu, lúc rúc vào Nga

Nó gọi Tàu Nga là cha anh nó Và tình nguyện làm con chó nhỏ

Xông xáo giữ nhà gác ngõ cho cha anh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I say b. s. prolly. i juust found out my ex wife has been telling people i made her take of my shoes and smell my socks. this is not true at all, however she did take off my shoes from time to time and i would ask her if my feet stink and she would smell my sock make a funny face and smile and throw a sock at me.how can some one defend themself againsnt alligations? i can only say look what she did .. she ran off with a 60 yr old man that was married for 25 years .do you really think thats what a good person does?beleave what you want.

Sounds like what happened to Frank when his wife ran off with her boss...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In Vietnamese culture cooking is women job; saying husband feed his wife with instant noodle mean the wife never do cooking the most lazy women I ever seen

I see some girls they live quite luxury in Vietnam when come here they cánt speak, cánt find good job, and very disappoint about American dream. what they can do is running back to their parent

In what century are we living now ? And also this is America, an equal country for everybody no matter what gender you are. The husband and wife have to work and share housework or cooking. Just because she doesn't cook or has her husband feed her with noodles doesn't mean she is the laziest woman you've ever seen.

And btw what you said in the second part is totally stereotyping.

11/8/10: Medical exam

11/12/10:Get married

11/19/10: I-693 sealed.It means my chest x ray is fine :)

11/20/10: Package [ I-130,I-485,I-765] sent to Lockbox

11/22/10 [Day 1]: Delivered there

11/29/10 [Day 7]: Return receipt from USPS

12/13/10 [Day 21]: Texts and email received [ after 21 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

12/16/10 [Day 24]: Snail copy received

12/18/10 [Day 26]: Every single form touched

12/20/10 [Day 28]: Biometrics letter received

1/13/11 [Day 51]: Biometrics done

1/24/11 [Day 62]: Biometrcis appointment received AGAIN.!!!!!!!!!I was like #######

2/04/11 [Day 72]: Second biometrics done

2/15/11 [Day 83]: EAD in production.

2/18/11 [Day 86]: Interview letter received, set for March 21

2/22/11 [Day 90]: EAD mailed out.

2/25/11 [Day 93]: EAD received

3/21/11 [Day 118]: Interview but left with no decision ToT

3/31/11 [Day 128]: RFE regarding police clearance

4/13/11 [Day 141]: RFE sent

4/19/11 [Day 147]: Card in production

4/22/11 [Day 150]: Welcome2USA letter received

It took 5 stressful months exactly.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I think it is both the petioner and beneficiary's fault. The petitioner probably hide the fact that it is hard to make a living in America. And the beneficiary probably expect to live in paradise over here. I personnally know someone who married a rich woman from Vietnam. I don't think it is a good idea. Some Vietnamese, nowadays, make better living than Vietnamese-American.

Personally, I told my wife frankly about the life over here and hope for the best. It is incredibly selfish to hide these kinds of things.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

I-130 Sent: 2010-04-02

I-130 NOA1: 2010-04-13

I-130 RFE: 2010-10-04

I-130 RFE Sent: 2010-10-08

I-130 Approved: 2010-10-25

NVC Received: 2010-10-29

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2010-11-09

Pay I-864 Bill: 2010-11-10

Receive I-864 Package:

Return Completed I-864: 2010-11-18

Return Completed DS-3032: 2010-11-22

Receive IV Bill: 2010-12-02

Pay IV Bill: 2010-12-03

Receive Instruction Package: 2010-12-28

Case Completed at NVC: 2011-01-11

Visa Received : 2011-04-30

Thank Visajourney! Couldn't have done without you guys!!!!!!

Pls change the subject to Horror Urban legends :-)

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.