ilovemybaby

6months and still no NOA2 :(

27 posts in this topic

have you called USCIS to check up on its status?

I'm sure it will come soon! It shouldn't be long now.. :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should call them and write to your Congress Member. Do both. You need to pressure USCIS,, otherwise they will either ignore you or send you one of those nonsense form letters to call back in 30 days. Your theme in both cases is that you see everyone else getting approved in 5 to 5 1/2 months, therefore there must be a problem with yours. In actuality, a lot of people are getting pushed out to 6 months and even more, but don't tell them that, as telling them that will only get them to jump on their stupid form letter.

If they tell you that "everyone is out to 6 months", don't hesitate to open up Igor's list and tell them "Well I see that XX got his in 5 months and YY got his in 5 months 1 week and ZZ got his in 5 months and 2 weeks". Show them that you are armed with the facts and cannot be fooled by their nonsense.

Whether you get a useful response or not, tell us here about what happened so we can all brainwork your next move together.

This is not a time to be passive and just wait. If you want results, you need to be very aggressive with them.

Good luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You should call them and write to your Congress Member. Do both. You need to pressure USCIS,, otherwise they will either ignore you or send you one of those nonsense form letters to call back in 30 days. Your theme in both cases is that you see everyone else getting approved in 5 to 5 1/2 months, therefore there must be a problem with yours. In actuality, a lot of people are getting pushed out to 6 months and even more, but don't tell them that, as telling them that will only get them to jump on their stupid form letter.

If they tell you that "everyone is out to 6 months", don't hesitate to open up Igor's list and tell them "Well I see that XX got his in 5 months and YY got his in 5 months 1 week and ZZ got his in 5 months and 2 weeks". Show them that you are armed with the facts and cannot be fooled by their nonsense.

Whether you get a useful response or not, tell us here about what happened so we can all brainwork your next move together.

This is not a time to be passive and just wait. If you want results, you need to be very aggressive with them.

Good luck to you.

he already called last month but nothing..

post-92049-0-66541900-1294392942_thumb.jpg

faith_love_peace.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

its been six months today and we still didnt recieve NOA2 .. is there anyone experiencing same ? help :((

we are 6 months tommorow! :angry:

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck to you.

you got that right Sirgood.gif

i wish theres a way where one can right a letter for all of us with signature from each to be submitted to them something like petition?

us too will be hitting 6 months mark in few days, called & escalated & got told to call back by january 12, then 2 days ago got an email saying they will contact us in 30days ugh! we already heard every possible lie they can tell us just to go awaywacko.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

he already called last month but nothing..

I guess your fiance is the American here, so he is the person who needs to do these things. Just understand when I say "You", I mean whichever one of you is the American.

First of all, did you write to your Congress Member? You can't just call them; you have to write. They need a signed authorization for USCIS to speak to them. Most Congress Members have them on their website. If your Congress Member is newly elected, he/she will be eager to please and will try his/her best to help.

You called last month? Well, call again and insist that the call be elevated. You are calling specifically because you see others getting approval in 5 to 5 1/2 months; therefore there must be a problem with yours. And this is what you tell the Congressional aide who contacts you as well, adding that USCIS won't tell you what the problem is, so can the Congress Member please find out for me.

Don't get deterred by their stupid form letters. Those are nothing but tricks to get you to go away. And don't take no for an answer. USCIS does not want to help you. They want you to go away. YOU need to make it clear to them that you are not going away until you get the answers you are entitled to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

its been six months today and we still didnt recieve NOA2 .. is there anyone experiencing same ? help :((

:time:

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

Those of you who are approaching the 6-month period, are you all naturalized citizens? just curious.. I heard they look more thoroughly into naturalized petitioners.. I hope those are just rumors.

======================================================================

K-1 Process

09/03/2010 - NOA1

02/02/2011 - NOA2 text message and an email (~5 months later)

04/26/2011 - Interview! Visa APPROVED and issued! yAAAy

05/20/2011 - POE: LAX

06/03/2011 - Wedding!!

07/07/2011 - Adilet got his SSN!

AOS Process

07/11/2011 - Sent our AOS package (AOS & EAD)

07/13/2011 - NOA1 text message and an email

08/09/2011 - Biometrics taken

09/01/2011 - Email notification that our interview is set for October 14.

09/23/2011 - Email notification that Adilet's EAD is in production.

10/04/2011 - EAD in hands.

10/14/2011 - Interview. GC APPROVED on the spot! Yeah!

11/01/2011 - GC in hands

04/03/2012 - Our beautiful baby girl is born!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

keep on calling and calling til you can talk to an immigration officer, that's what we did plus contacting our congressman and sending VSC an email just a few days ago....

don't give up guys!!! things are moving a little more faster now

God is good!!!!

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Those of you who are approaching the 6-month period, are you all naturalized citizens? just curious.. I heard they look more thoroughly into naturalized petitioners.. I hope those are just rumors.

That's just a rumor. I'm a naturalized citizen and my petition was approved in October. I thought that they already had my information so that they didn't need to start from scratch when they did whatever background check that they did on me.

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.