SpelaD

Contact congressman/senator

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Hi. Im thinking of contacting our congressman due to my AP/EAD. I'd like to know how many of you have done it, what were your reason to have it expedited and how long it took to have AP/EAD approved after that?

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

Hi. Im thinking of contacting our congressman due to my AP/EAD. I'd like to know how many of you have done it, what were your reason to have it expedited and how long it took to have AP/EAD approved after that?

Hi.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing so I can get this moving but am also unsure how to go about it. From what I know & have heard from this site is if you have a firm offer of employment you can approach your congressman's office & ask if they will petition on your behalf to expedite your application under the grounds of 'Financial Hardship' I think.

Do you have a priority date on your NOA1?

Good Luck

Chris

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

What's your reason?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

my aunt is getting married and money is very tight. I'd like to continue with my nursing career, before I forget everything

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's my story:

Before my POE, I was employed by a US company, but working in Canada. So, they had to grant me a leave of absence while I was waiting for my EAD to resume working in the US. Before I "left", my employer gave me a letter explaining that they needed me back asap as I was their only employee who spoke French. Without me, many of our accounts would go unassisted for a while.

After I filed my AOS-EAD-AP docs, here is what I tried:

1. contacted the USCIS asking for an expedite and provided them with my employer's letter and my own to explain the situation. Never heard back from them.

2. contacted our congress representative 4 times by phone, once in person to have her help me expedite. When her aide finally called me back, she said that nothing could be done until 2 months had gone by.

3. made an InfoPass appointment but was told by an agent that nothing could be done until 3 months had gone by.

4. wrote a letter to our senator and her aide called me back 2 days later. The rest is history and in my timeline. Needless to say she was very helpful! She told me that "that's what we're here for. Please call me back if there's anything else I can do for you."

Bottom line is this: it is ultimately up to somebody else to decide if your case deserves to be expedited or not. As you can see, I was pretty desperate (and stubborn!), but it was worth it: I've been back at work since this past Monday!!!

Good luck to you!

K1 Timeline

I-129F Sent: 01-23-2010

Packet 3 Received: 06-15-2010

Packet 4 Received: 08-13-2010

Interview: 10-20-2010

POE: 10-29-2010

Wedding: 11-03-2010

AOS Timeline

Packet submitted (AOS, EAD, AP): 11-09-2010

Delivered : 11-10-2010

E-notifications received: 11-16-2010

AOS, EAD and AP touched: 11-19-2010

NOA1 received: 11-19-2010

AOS touched: 12-02-2010, transfered to CSC

AOS touched: 12-03-2010

Senator's aide gets involved: 12-08-2010

Received letter for biometrics: 12-14-2010

Biometrics: 12-15-2010 (walk-in)

EAD card production ordered: 12-15-2010

EAD and AP touched: 12-22-2010

Email to inform me that letters for EAD and AP approvals have been sent: 12-22-2010

EAD card received: 12-23-2010

AP letter received: 12-28-2010

Green card and welcome letter received: 03-23-2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from AOS forum to Working & Travelling During US Immigration forum as a more appropriate location.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

My husband's K1 went through smoothly, but after his POE everything went to Hades in a proverbial handbasket. The CBP officer who processed his POE wrote K1 in his passport/I-94 three times, but the person who entered him into the database put him in as a B2, and then proceeded to lose his hard copy file. We still have no idea if his file has been found. We only found out the file had gone nowhere when we met with a CBP officer at our local deferred inspection site to get the database error fixed. We then made a second Infopass appointment where we were told we'd need to "submit our AOS paperwork and hope for the best". Nice. Very reassuring. Then, we were informed on our third trip to the SSA office that when the Embassy processed his visa, they put his first and middle name into the First Name field, but nothing into the middle name field. It looked right on paper, but was wrong in the database because of this. The SSA refused to issue a SSN for him until the DHS would correct the problem. This caused another InfoPass appointment, with no results. In the end, we had to wait for the SSA people to get back to us. Then, a month after we were married, we discovered that our mail carrier had begun returning our mail as undeliverable for no apparent reason. We only discovered this when my grandparents gave us a card they'd sent for our wedding that they'd gotten back. We were able to meet with the postmaster at our local branch, but not before we'd missed his Biometrics letter, so we had to beg the USCIS to fax us a copy, as his appointment was less than a week after we found out. On the very same day, they sent us an RFE claiming I hadn't signed the I-864, when I have copies to prove that I did. I can only assume this means they've screwed up something else and needed to stop the 90 day clock on the EAD to give them more time without ruining their processing timeframes.

All of this required a lot of time off of work to attend appointments with my husband to try to fix these mistakes made by multiple government agencies. With me being the only one working to support our family of four, it has made things very hard for us financially.

I contacted our Senator's office on December 29th, just before noon. The immigration liaison was very sweet and emailed me a privacy release. I filled it in, signed it, and drafted a detailed letter explaining everything we'd been through, and had it back to her within the hour. She told me she'd get started that afternoon. Being the impatient person I am, I emailed her the next day around the same time to ask if she'd had any response. She said she had, but wasn't happy with their answer, so she'd sent off another email. No further word from her over the holiday weekend as expected, but on Monday, January 3, his EAD and AP both switched to approved, stating that card production on his EAD was ordered on 12/30, the day after we spoke to the Senator's immigration liaison. His AOS had been transferred to CSC on 12/27, but on 12/30 was transferred to the local office for processing, and we've had two touches since. I can only assume that she fast-tracked everything, not just the EAD.

I'm not saying it will work for everyone, but after all we had to go through due to gubmint mistakes, I'm grateful that someone went to bat for us. (And this was a conservative Republican's aide, while I'm a very liberal Democrat, so that's saying something!!) Just be honest, and make sure that you're thankful, and show your thanks. In the end, if they can't help you, you're no worse off than you were before you tried.

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

We needed to expedite his AP as we needed to travel out of the country soon. I contacted the Immigration Liaison at the local Senators office and she has been a great help. She also suggested we make an InfoPass Appointment since it was such short notice. Kinda to hit them on both sides.

Had our InfoPass appointment this morning, and the IO worked on trying to see what he could do. He let us know that they are working on it, and while he can't promise anything, he was trying!

Called the Liaison back to give her an update, and she said she was still going to send the paperwork from her end also. So it is nice to see someone trying to help us out. After all the people we had to deal with in Barbados thus far, I have to say the local IO are much nicer!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Dodi - double ouch !

please go back and bribe the post master !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.