46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I used - VSC.Ncscfollowup@dhs.gov -i dont even know where i found it now - think on USCIS website some where, the email above was the second one I sent, the first one I got a reply saying go away about 6 days after, i then sent this. I gave up on the call centre until the night before approval when our call was taken by a senior member of staff. We tried all angles. :wacko:

lucy! hiya sis...just noticing this post...how does one get to talk to a senior member of staff?

lucy! hiya sis...just noticing this post...how does one get to talk to a senior member of staff?

The call centre only escalted to tier 2 when we called for the 4th time and was a week over due. Only then did they say they would submit a request and we would hear back within 30 days. In the meantime we were sending emails to VSC also hun x

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE WORST PART IS I DROPPED $455.00 TO SIT IN LINE FOR 5 MONTHS PLUS ... FIGURED FOR THOSE KIND OF DOLLARS SERVICE WOULD BE BIT BETTER ..REALLY MAKES ME DISLIKE MY OWN COUNTRY ALOT PRETTY SAD TO SAY BUT ITS 100% TRUE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Really good info! I got 3 weeks for my 5 month deadline, and the daily calling of USCIS will commence =) But I will def be sending a copy of that email also - very well written! Makes me excited to see some NOA2s coming through recently though, at least its proof that there is some sort of life in the VSC offices...thought I would have had to drive over there and make sure they all didn't die of some weird disease :-p

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

My fiance is temporarily unemployed waiting to see what will happen with the visa, but if we don't hear anything by February she will want to move and start looking for work (can't find decent work near her mom's house). She would probably be moving to work in Australia again which would cost a lot to move. Five months is up at the end of January. I have tried just about everything to get some sort of status update so we know they're at least looking up the case to reassure her and nothing. Even got in touch with a congressman through a family friend and he put in an inquiry for us and got nothing back. Tried getting a call escalated and they called the five-month period their minimum processing time and they couldn't disclose what they were doing on my case due to security reasons. I have a sinking feeling we're going to pay all the expenses for her moving and a few days later we get the NOA2. There were some 1-2 month cooking classes in China she wanted to take that would give her something to do but they're closed for Chinese New Year. Sigh....starting to really hate USCIS.

Late 2006: began exchanging e-mails and IMs on and off

Around November, 2009: decided to meet in person

February, 2010: met in Thailand (first time)

May, 2010: met in Taiwan (second meeting)

August, 2010: got engaged

NOA1: August 26, 2010

November-December, 2010: met again in Taiwan (third meeting)

NOA2: 1/26/2011!

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The wait would not be half as bad as it is if it were not for USCIS's arrogance.

They think that they are ENTITLED to take as long as they damn well please to find 15 measly minutes to read the papers you spend days preparing.

And then when you, the puny mortal, dares to ask them when they will find those 15 minutes, they then think that they are ENTITLED to tell you whatever ridiculous lie they feel like telling you, and then they think they are ENTITLED to have you then crawl away on your hands and knees for whatever amount of days they feel like banishing you for having the gall to disturb those Kings and Queens with your puny mortal concerns.

This abysmal failure of a governmental agency has no place in the United States of America in the 21st century. We fought a war in 1776 to get rid of the King and the Queen, and now they are back.

The entire USCIS needs to be abolished and replaced with an agency that truly serves the people of the United States. All we have now is one that thinks the people are here to serve them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yours has GOT to be coming soon - we were rec'd by USCIS on 21 Jul and just got NOA2 today. If yours has had no issues, I'd guess your NOA2 is coming. My guess is that the holidays kinda threw a wrench in the "five months" thing. Technically we were 5 months and two weeks.

That's not to say USCIS doesn't suck -- they do, but I'd chalk that more up to the bureaucracy than the actual pencil pushers who look through our stuff. I'm sure they work as hard as they can.

Still, call them, get in touch with your congress-people, and just keep pushing for answers.

27 April 2010 - decided to get married

May 2010 - Immi Lawyer Contacted

9 Jul 2010 - I-129F filed

21 Jul 2010 - Petition Received

26 Jul 2010 - NOA1 Received

Late Jul 2010 - Touch

03 Oct 2010 - Touch

05 Jan 2011 - NOA2 (Approved)

11 Jan 2011 - NVC Case Number Generated

21 Jan 2011 - Packet 3 Received by Lawyer; petition now at Consulate

11 Feb 2011 - Received Scans of Packet 3 Checklist from Immi Lawyer

01 Jun 2011 - Appointment Letter, Booked 9 Sep 2011

31 Aug 2011 - Medical in Toronto, passed

09 Sep 2011 - Interview, Visa Approved.

Timeline

I'm sure that the pencil pushers in the former Soviet Union worked hard too.

That is where USCIS belongs: In the Soviet Union.

Just like the agencies of the Soviet Union, the USCIS does not give a damn about the people they claim to serve, and they don't think that those people are entitled to even the smallest lick of information. Just sit and wait, and we will get to you when we feel like it. Just like in the Soviet Union.

I never imagined in my entire life that there could ever be an agency of the government of the United States of America that was this much of a total abomination.

For this first time since the fall of the Berlin Wall, I am wondering who won the Cold War.

The Soviet Union is alive and well in the USCIS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Nothing to do with USCIS, but if anyone has ever worked anywhere they process files... well certainly NOT the VJ people... but I can just imagine what mountains of illegible c_r_a_p they must sift through on a daily basis.

Don't forget people patience is a virtue. Good luck with your processing.

Yours has GOT to be coming soon - we were rec'd by USCIS on 21 Jul and just got NOA2 today. If yours has had no issues, I'd guess your NOA2 is coming. My guess is that the holidays kinda threw a wrench in the "five months" thing. Technically we were 5 months and two weeks.

That's not to say USCIS doesn't suck -- they do, but I'd chalk that more up to the bureaucracy than the actual pencil pushers who look through our stuff. I'm sure they work as hard as they can.

Still, call them, get in touch with your congress-people, and just keep pushing for answers.

Congratulations :dance:

I129F Petition Sent: End of June '10
NOA1 - 17th July '10
Touches - 23rd July & 3rd October '10
NOA2 - 30th December '10 - A great new yr gift
NVC Rec'd - 4th January '11
NVC Sent - 5th January '11
Embassy Received - 8th January '11
Embassy Recorded - 11th January '11
Packet 3 Forms sent - 11th January '11
Visa Fee Paid - 18th January '11
Packet 3 Forms Logged - 24th January '11
Medical Exam
- 10th February '11
Embassy Received Medical Results - 15th February '11
London Consulate K1 Visa Interview - 11th March '11
JFK Port of Entry - 24th March '11

Removal Of Conditions.

Petition Signed for - 26th August 2013

Check Cashed - 11th September 2013

NOA1 -

The wait would not be half as bad as it is if it were not for USCIS's arrogance.

They think that they are ENTITLED to take as long as they damn well please to find 15 measly minutes to read the papers you spend days preparing.

And then when you, the puny mortal, dares to ask them when they will find those 15 minutes, they then think that they are ENTITLED to tell you whatever ridiculous lie they feel like telling you, and then they think they are ENTITLED to have you then crawl away on your hands and knees for whatever amount of days they feel like banishing you for having the gall to disturb those Kings and Queens with your puny mortal concerns.

This abysmal failure of a governmental agency has no place in the United States of America in the 21st century. We fought a war in 1776 to get rid of the King and the Queen, and now they are back.

The entire USCIS needs to be abolished and replaced with an agency that truly serves the people of the United States. All we have now is one that thinks the people are here to serve them.

:yes: Well said.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

kudos to you Sir!good.gifwish we could all get this voice in public or in press, most cases like this it gets notice only when press is involved, only then all politicians trying to gain votes for their next run will be paying attention. otherwise, all our voices here will be kept in the dark, only VJers can hearwacko.gifwacko.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today Jan. 6 my 5th month that my petition was entered in their system. Nothing yet except a silly touch back 10/3 with the rest of many of you.

I am not complaining about USCIS because I don't know their situation, workload, etc. The economic is very bad and many jobs have been cut. Maybe they are affected by it.

That is my opinion.

I am a US citizen only. I was not born in this country so whatever favor they do to bring my fiancee to this country, I will appreciate it. I don't feel I have the right to complaint about them or use unprofessional word to describe them

my two cents

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Today Jan. 6 my 5th month that my petition was entered in their system. Nothing yet except a silly touch back 10/3 with the rest of many of you.

I am not complaining about USCIS because I don't know their situation, workload, etc. The economic is very bad and many jobs have been cut. Maybe they are affected by it.

That is my opinion.

I am a US citizen only. I was not born in this country so whatever favor they do to bring my fiancee to this country, I will appreciate it. I don't feel I have the right to complaint about them or use unprofessional word to describe them

my two cents

My Good Sir:

I respect your culture, which apparently includes acceptance of whatever the government decides is best for you.

However, in our culture, we do things a little differently.

The greatness of the United States of America is based on a willingness to tell the government that they are wrong. Our nation was founded by great leaders like George Washington and Thomas Jefferson, who were willing to tell the British occupiers that they were wrong.

Social leaders like Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, and Bill Baird went to jail for telling the government that they are wrong. And now, because of Bill Baird, we have access to contraception and women have access to legal and safe abortion. And now because of Rosa Parks and Dr. King, a man who 50 years ago would have been forced to ride in the back of the bus now rides in the back of the Presidential limousine instead.

The government is wrong again. The government treats us, hard working, law abiding American citizens like clumps of raw sewage just because we want to get married. They owe us courtesy, respect, meaningful answers to our questions, and prompt service. Yet they refuse, again and again, to attend to these responsibilities towards their citizens.

So please forgive me if I offend you by telling the government that they are wrong.

Don't give up hope!!

2005---We met by friend/Church member that was living in Nigeria

2006---We begin to talk about getting married

2007---I was going to met him face to face, but hurt my back couldn't walk..

2009---Was able to see each for the first time.. I got my engagement ring (WOW).. :wow:

2010-01-22 mailed I129f

2010-01-26 got NOA1

2010-05-12 called to see why no NOA2, I was told that our case is not being processed yet!!!!! No notes in the computer

other then the mailing of the NOA1!!!!!!! :angry:

2010-05-18 called SERVICE CENTER again to see what's going on with our case.. NOT BEING PROCESSED YET I WAS TOLD AGAIN!!!

2010-06-16 Got notice that NOA2 was approved 141 days after NOA1. We got our approval on Ossy's Birthday.. Happy birthday honey, I love you!!!!

2010-06-21 got NOA2 in hand

2010-06-22 called NVC to see if papers was there, but was told that my DOB was not right in the system. Just mailed a letter along with a copy of my birth certificate asking to change my DOB.. Way to go VCS..

2010-06-22 NVC received the case

2010-06-23 Case sent to Embassy in Barbados

2010-06-28 Embassy received our case

2010-08-09 Interview Administrative Review

2010-11-15 Approved for Visa (I was on the mission to make sure the INTERVIEWER that we had never interviewed anyone else and I did it).. Know that you have right and don't let the interviewer cross the line..

2010-12-10 Visa and Passport in hand!!! Thank God!!!

2010-12-19 Ossy will enter the States!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.