The Sarge

Truckload of questions

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

@YuandDan I am a citizen

Dont really understand all these terms here.......

Do I need all 3 of these things?

Yes, your petition will go through USCIS, NVC, then be shipped to the US consulate in her home country

Begin reading up on the process

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So basically the thought of getting this done in 6-8 months is purely fantasy.

VJ Timelines are a useful tool.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=3&op2=d&op3=5&op4=1&op5=&op6=All&op7=Jordan&dfile=No

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

So basically the thought of getting this done in 6-8 months is purely fantasy.

Could be, depends on processing time and VISA request volume and what is going on at that Embassy. Also , God forbid if she has an issue on Name Check, it could go into extended processing for a while.

Bottom line, do it right. Don't let her overstay her VISA or make a wrong statement to consular or CBP.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Regarding the income form can I include her income as well if she is currently employed and will remain employed once here in the US?

I would assume that if names or anything were problematic she would have had trouble last year when she got her tourist visa. Too bad they can use the background check from that. It was less than a year ago.

Edited by The Sarge

Timeline

Regarding the income form can I include her income as well if she is currently employed and will remain employed once here in the US?

I would assume that if names or anything were problematic she would have had trouble last year when she got her tourist visa. Too bad they can use the background check from that. It was less than a year ago.

I-864 is not needed until much later in the process, it will be requested at the NVC stage.

And No because a person filing I-864 or I-864A needs to be domiciled in the USA which she is not

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Timeline

Okay Thank you you have been very helpful I appreciate it immensely. :thumbs:

One last question for tonight(I promise lol)....what happens if the CR1 is approved and finished while she is here in the US?

It gets sent to NVC, then a different process happens involving a few steps paying a couple fees, and then it gets sent to consulate. At which point spouse needs to be home to interview over there.

Also during NVC process they will want some documents gathered up in foreign country.

MORE: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/nvc/nvc_1335.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The interview won't happen in the US, it will happen in Jordan

Deema - your Cr-1 visa will replace the tourist visa. Once you have your Cr-1, you obviously won't need a tourist visa. Until the Cr-1 is issued, your tourist visa remains valid

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

One person stated that the time frame for a CR1 Visa. I wish it was true because then my wife would already be here.

The USCIS process is 5 to 6 months with no problems. Then the NVC process that takes anywhere from 3 months to 5 months before the spouse actually gets the interview. We sent our I-130 to the USCIS in mid May of 2010.

My wife received her approval from the USCIS on 11/02/2010. Over two months already. I am still waiting to receive an interview date for her that is always at least 4 weeks from notification. It could easily be 2 more months before her interview date.

Bottom line, plan on 9 months to 10 months from the time you send your I-130 to the USCIS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Dont really understand all these terms here.......

Do I need all 3 of these things?

US Citizen:

I-130 Processing at USCIS aprox 5 months.

NVC processing 2 months or so

Consulate processing 1-2 months

In a nutshell, when you file your I-130 (for CR-1, spouse visa) it first goes to USCIS, then upon approval it is moved to NVC, after which it is moved to her consulate in Jordan. So yes, you will need all 3 of these things. Therefore, the process for getting your wife here after you get married in Jordan is appoximately 8-10 months AFTER FILING THE PAPERWORK. From my experience I can tell you gathering all necessary documentation will probably take you about a month after your wedding day. (Translating marriage cert to English, etc plus all other things you will find in the guide - you got the link from Canadian_Wife)

So the question you need to ask yourselves is: what is your priority? Be with her asap (because for this the fiancee visa seems to be faster but then you end up getting married in the US) or have a wedding in Jordan which I am sure she may want, have her family there etc. Then you take the CR-1 route and prepare yourselves for the wait.

Another option which me and my husband chose is if she flies over for a visit, you get married in the US, she leaves (this is a bit tricky, we weren't sure if that would be considered immigration fraud or not but since I didn't fly there to immigrate just for a week-long visit over Thanksgiving and we happened to get married in the meantime, we figured we should be ok. Plus the great VJ members here assured me this shouldn't create a problem so I'm not really worried). Then you start your CR-1 process as soon as you obtain your marriage cert.

But since you mentioned she won't be able to visit until April, I'm guessing this is is no option for you guys. Hmmm, it does sound like marriage in Jordan and CR-1 after that is the best route for you.

I would be very cautious about her coming over for visits after your CR-1 process has started, though. I've heard some opinions that DHS officers at POE are often extremely suspicous and sometimes deport people just out of fear someone might try to overstay and immigrate. I'm certainly not an expert here, someone else might have a different opinion. I personally deicded $1000 per ticket plus 9hrs on the plane and a very possible deportation scenario is too much for me to take that risk. So my husband will be visiting me until I receive my visa. I'm not going anywhere for the next 8 or so months.

Good luck. Read up. This website has all the info you will ever need.

USCIS Stage (147 days)

12/24/2010 - I-130 Sent

12/28/2010 - NOA1 (Receipt)

05/23/2011 - NOA2 (Approved)

NVC Stage

06-07-2011 NVC received

06-08-2011 Case # and IIN # assigned

06-09-2011 Received DS-3032/AOS bill

06-10-2011 Paid AOS Bill

06-10-2011 Returned Completed DS-3032

06-15-2011 Received I-864 Package

06-16-2011 Returned I-864 Package

06-16-2011 Received IV Bill

06-17-2011 Paid IV Bill

06-22-2011 Returned DS-230 (IV Package)

07-07-2011 Case Closed J

07-13-2011 Interview Date Assigned

US Consulate in Warsaw

08-24-2011 @ 8.45am - - > 240 days from NOA1 --> APPROVED! :-)

POE Chicago ORD --> 9.03.2011

event.png

I don't want to cause more stress, but many people from the MENA (Middle East North Africa) region have extra processing called "Administrative Processing" which can last anywhere from 1 week to 1 year with no timeframe and no once can tell you how long it will last :( I would go to our MENA forum to ask specifically about a female immigrating from Jordan and the chances of AP.

Additionally--you mentioned that your future wife will have an income while on her tourist visa; is this overseas work? She cannot work on a tourist visa in the U.S.

It is a crapshoot about the CBP at the US border, so have lots of proof that she intends to return, healthy bank account, etc etc.

Best of luck on your journey! :thumbs:

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.