Done--Really

Just a clarification about translations

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

From what I have read here and elsewhere, we do not need to send translations to NVC if the documents are in the language where the consulate is located--in our case either Ciudad de Juarez or San Jose Costa Rica (that's a whole other story for later). In the case of my wife, everything is in Spanish, so both locations are in a Spanish-speaking country, so just want to verify that the docs are Ok as is--would be great to check something off our list !!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I think all documents need to be translated. my wife's embassy is Georgia but when I submit the DS-230 forms it requires me to have birth, divorce, marriage, etc all original, noatarized and translated. But I am submitting my documents from the USA.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut#FROM_BENEFICIARY_.28DS-3032_and_components_for_DS-230_IV_Package.29:

The DS-3032 aka "Choice of Agent form",indicates who will make payments and be primary contact. Most people select the US based petitioner. The DS-230 is the actual Immigrant Visa Application.

DS-3032[1] completed and signed by beneficiary (ORIGINAL) (indicating petitioner as agent)

BARCODE instruction: [2]

DS-230 [3] completed part I & II and only signed part I by beneficiary (ORIGINAL) -- View Sample of Completed Form [4]

All documents that pertain to the applicant’s petition are required, even if they were previously submitted to the CIS with the applicant’s petition.

Photocopy Requirement - In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, the applicant and each accompanying family member must submit a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

Translations - All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations.

The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not always the case, translations are needed if docs are not same language as country, and even in some cases like China translations are needed even if docs are in Chinese.

NVC:

Translation Requirements

All documents not written in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator stating that the:

• Translation is accurate, and
  • Translator is competent to translate.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Sometimes it is better to have those translations and send them in instead of getting an RFE because the person who reviewed your file decided that they wanted translations. :):thumbs:

*~Cr1 Journey~* CSC

-NOA 1 Receipt date: 3/1/10 (sent 2/18/10)

-Touched 4 different times in between

-APPROVED: 6/2/10

93 days from NOA1 to NOA2

-Received NVC case number: 6/9/10/10

-Gave NVC my e-mail address & e-mailed DS3032: 6/10/10

-Received NVC e-mails (DS3032 and AOS Fee)& paid AOS fee: 6/11/10

-AOS Fee shows as PAID & paid IV Bill: 6/15/10

-IV Bill shows as paid: 6/6/10

-Received IV instruction packet: 6/8/10

-Received dox from co-sponsor: 10/14/15/10

-Sent AOS package: 10/18/10

-AOS package received: 10/19/10-J.Desmond

-IV Package mailed out: 11/3/10

-AVR says I have an RFE: 11/5/10

-NVC operator told me what my RFE's are: 11/8/10

-NVC sent checklist letter (for the 2 AOS RFE's): 11/13/10

-NVC operator says the IV package has been entered: 11/18/10

-E-mailed SUE to see if that would do anything (3 diff times...): 11/29/30/10

-Sent AOS RFE's: 12/1/10

-AOS RFE's received: 12/2/10

-Checked payment portal for fun (SIF!!!!): 12/3/10

-AVR still say AOS missing info: 12/3/10

-NVC operator says case was shipped to USE in Lima: 12/3/10

-Received interview date (12/13/10): JANUARY 6th, 2011!!

-Medical: 12/21/10- Passed :)

-Interivew: 1/6/11- PASSED :D

-Visa received- 1/13/11

-POE FLL- 1/23/11 YES! BUTTTTTTT....still not reunited :'( (Reunited on the 24th)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I think all documents need to be translated. my wife's embassy is Georgia but when I submit the DS-230 forms it requires me to have birth, divorce, marriage, etc all original, noatarized and translated. But I am submitting my documents from the USA.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut#FROM_BENEFICIARY_.28DS-3032_and_components_for_DS-230_IV_Package.29:

The DS-3032 aka "Choice of Agent form",indicates who will make payments and be primary contact. Most people select the US based petitioner. The DS-230 is the actual Immigrant Visa Application.

DS-3032[1] completed and signed by beneficiary (ORIGINAL) (indicating petitioner as agent)

BARCODE instruction: [2]

DS-230 [3] completed part I & II and only signed part I by beneficiary (ORIGINAL) -- View Sample of Completed Form [4]

All documents that pertain to the applicant’s petition are required, even if they were previously submitted to the CIS with the applicant’s petition.

Photocopy Requirement - In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, the applicant and each accompanying family member must submit a photocopy of the original documents or certified copies of the documents.

Translations - All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations.

The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

See enlarged above. The visa is being applied for in Georgia, not the USA. No need to translate the documents sent to NVC.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Finland
Timeline

Hey all!

do you guys know, if the translations need to be done by an "official" translator? I need to have a police certificate translated into English (certificate is from France hence in French), and as I have studied French and lived in France for a while I should be proficient enough to do it - at least in my own opinion :D - however not a certified translator, will it be enough if I translate it myself? *wow what a long sentence, sorry!*

The transcript itself is empty since I don't have a criminal record in France, but still the few phrases need to be translated I guess... Can I just add on the translation sheet a statement saying that I am competent to translate and the translation is accurate, sign it and date it and it will be good enough?

thank you so much for your help!! And good luck with your journeys!!

-eve

11/30/2010 I-129F package sent

5/16/2011 NOA2

5/24/2011 Medical

5/27/2011 fly over to US, stay for 2 months

8/22/2011 Visa Interview in Helsinki

9/6/2011 Visa in hand

9/23/2011 PoE in Boston

12/2/2011 Marriage!

12/28/2011 AoS sent

4/28/2012 Green Card received! No Interview :-)

Timeline

To be safe is better to send in the certified translations. good luck

Yeah, very true - the problem in Finland is that they don't do certified translations unless the target or the source language is one of the two official languages in Finland (Finnish and Swedish)... :-(

5/16/2011 NOA2

5/24/2011 Medical

9/6/2011 Visa in hand

9/23/2011 PoE in Boston

12/2/2011 Marriage!

12/28/2011 AoS sent

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

they do not require translations, so why send them in? It is just a waste of money.

7/2/10- NOA1

2/9/11- NOA2 (transferred to Texas)

NVC

2/28/11- case number received

3/2/11- Paid AOS bill

3/5/11- Paid IV bill

3/12/11- expedite to Bogota consulate approved!!!

3/14/11- left NVC to Bogota for further processing

3/17/11- received by Bogota, emailed consulate and was told to send DS-230 and DS-2100 (packet 3)

3/18/11- packet 3 emailed to Bogota consulate, email confirmation on March 23

3/31/11- Interview date! Approved!!!!!!

Keep the faith, everything works out for the very best

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey all!

do you guys know, if the translations need to be done by an "official" translator? I need to have a police certificate translated into English (certificate is from France hence in French), and as I have studied French and lived in France for a while I should be proficient enough to do it - at least in my own opinion :D - however not a certified translator, will it be enough if I translate it myself? *wow what a long sentence, sorry!*

The transcript itself is empty since I don't have a criminal record in France, but still the few phrases need to be translated I guess... Can I just add on the translation sheet a statement saying that I am competent to translate and the translation is accurate, sign it and date it and it will be good enough?

thank you so much for your help!! And good luck with your journeys!!

-eve

The only documents that need a translation are the ones not in English or in the official language of the country. In your case, the only translation you will need is for the document that is written in French. Any person who is proficient in both languages can do the translation and certify it with the statement below. So if you understand both languages, meaning French and the language you will be translating it into, then you can certify it yourself.

Translator’s Certification

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

they do not require translations, so why send them in? It is just a waste of money.

My understanding is that any document that is not in English or in the language of the country where the Visa is applied, needs to be translated?

-Eve

5/16/2011 NOA2

5/24/2011 Medical

9/6/2011 Visa in hand

9/23/2011 PoE in Boston

12/2/2011 Marriage!

12/28/2011 AoS sent

Timeline

The only documents that need a translation are the ones not in English or in the official language of the country. In your case, the only translation you will need is for the document that is written in French. Any person who is proficient in both languages can do the translation and certify it with the statement below. So if you understand both languages, meaning French and the language you will be translating it into, then you can certify it yourself.

Translator’s Certification

I [typed name], certify that I am fluent (conversant) in the English and ________ languages, and that the above/attached document is an accurate translation of the document attached entitled ______________________________.

Signature_________________________________

Date Typed Name

Address

Diana

Hey Diana - thank you SO MUCH for this! It will definitely make things so much easier if I won't need an official, authorized translation :-)

-Eve

5/16/2011 NOA2

5/24/2011 Medical

9/6/2011 Visa in hand

9/23/2011 PoE in Boston

12/2/2011 Marriage!

12/28/2011 AoS sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.