Ally & Rach

July 8 VSC filer and STILL nothing!!

57 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Starting to become completely despondent here. We've done the 5 month waiting thing, We've called USCIS several times,we've emailed vermont, called the senators office, congress and been given 100 different answers which are obviously said just so we will go away and wait further. Anyone have any more ideas of what we can do as this is ridiculous. We've been told "you'll have an answer in 7 days" wrong! "call back in 2 days" "call back in 30 days" "call back in 60 days" "you can't be put through to an immigration officer" "ok im passing you through to an immigration officer" "I can't pu through a service request" " ok Ill put through a service request"..all from different people and there are tons more I could go through.. What an absolute sham.. contrary to what others say this won't make things feel even better once my NOA2 comes through. It will in fact leave a bitter taste in my mouth.. This should be a consistent, fair, exciting procedure done in order and to a timescale. If it consistantly fails then clearly something has to be changed. We will hit 6 months on Jan 8. Im sure many can relate to how we are feeling. Xmas has been a joke as to be honest I don't feel like going to partys without rach as a. I miss her and b. everyone just goes on about her not being there and asks about the visa. New Year will be the same and its hard to do anything as you just feel like you need to save every penny.

Other than the above everything is just fantastic!! thanks for reading my rant.. Ill make sure i snap out of it shortly!! :thumbs:

Met - September 13 2007 in Birmingham Alabama

Engaged - February 12 2010 in Linlithgow Palace, Scotland

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Medical Passed - March 15

Interview - April 12.. = APPROVED!!!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Starting to become completely despondent here. We've done the 5 month waiting thing, We've called USCIS several times,we've emailed vermont, called the senators office, congress and been given 100 different answers which are obviously said just so we will go away and wait further. Anyone have any more ideas of what we can do as this is ridiculous. We've been told "you'll have an answer in 7 days" wrong! "call back in 2 days" "call back in 30 days" "call back in 60 days" "you can't be put through to an immigration officer" "ok im passing you through to an immigration officer" "I can't pu through a service request" " ok Ill put through a service request"..all from different people and there are tons more I could go through.. What an absolute sham.. contrary to what others say this won't make things feel even better once my NOA2 comes through. It will in fact leave a bitter taste in my mouth.. This should be a consistent, fair, exciting procedure done in order and to a timescale. If it consistantly fails then clearly something has to be changed. We will hit 6 months on Jan 8. Im sure many can relate to how we are feeling. Xmas has been a joke as to be honest I don't feel like going to partys without rach as a. I miss her and b. everyone just goes on about her not being there and asks about the visa. New Year will be the same and its hard to do anything as you just feel like you need to save every penny.

Other than the above everything is just fantastic!! thanks for reading my rant.. Ill make sure i snap out of it shortly!! :thumbs:

aw! i feel you! were on the same boat. we called yesterday and my fiance got escalated to a higher person, well atleast according to them, then he was told that they will communicate with him on or before January 12 w/c take us to a 6months markwacko.gifblink.gif. we feel the same way, not at all enjoying the holidays, instead devastated. having told of different answered w/o certainty of when to be approved, or if theres any problem is such an unending nightmare. yes, i do consider this journey a nightmare rather than excitingblink.gif. i am so far loosing all faith and excitement and if only not the desire of being with him, and if only he can just retire soon and be with me instead i would by all means gladly skip this whole ###### experiancewacko.gif..omg! now im ranting toowacko.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would keep calling and keep insisting that the call be escalaed. Obviously, their claim of first come first served is BS, and if you just drop back into the shadows, they will be quite happy to keep you there. You should be courtesous and professional every time you call, but you want to make it clear that your turn at bat has come and you want somethng to happen.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Soooooooooo Upset!!! same here... upset the way my application goin..we're out of normal process then what? need to wait for another 60 days? 44days etc..etc...all the holidays is over . we were expecting to be together this holiday unfortunately there is no way to be together coz of this unfair process..they dont even give specific date on when or how to receive the approval..giving the time frame is no use! upset! upset! everytime making a followup call is a nightmare why? its b'coz they will just give you another ton of different reason and a never ending words such as " call back after 7 days" " wait for another 30 days...44 days....60 days...exhausted!

Rie

USCIS

06-07-2010 Applied I-130

06-10-2010 NOA1

10-18-2010 Applied I-129F / K3

10-21-2010 NOA1

12-02-2010 RFE received mail

12-14-2010 RFE sent

12-15-2010 RFE Delivered

12-27-2010 I-130 APPROVED!!!

12-27-2010 I-129F / K3 APPROVED!!!

NVC

01-04-2011 AOS Payment

01-05-2011 DS3022 sent to NVC

01-05-2011 AOS PAID Status

01-08-2011 DS3032 Received from NVC

01-12-2011 PAYMENT IV PACKET PAYMENT

01-12-2011 AOS & IV PACKET SEND TO NVC

01-14-2011 DELIVERED AOS & IV PACKET TO NVC

01-28-2011 AVR for RFE

02-01-2011 Received RFE email from NVC

02-04-2011 Send the RFE to NVC

02-08-2011 ADVANCE medical PASSED

02-07-2011 NVC received RFE

02-23-2011 Case Complete

04-05-2011 Interview Schedule VISA APPROVED!!!

04-12-11 Flight sched POE Los Angeles

04-18-11 Received SSCard

04-28-11 GREEN CARD RECEIVED

05-XX-11 Receieved CA ID CARD

Timeline

I would keep calling and keep insisting that the call be escalaed. Obviously, their claim of first come first served is BS, and if you just drop back into the shadows, they will be quite happy to keep you there. You should be courtesous and professional every time you call, but you want to make it clear that your turn at bat has come and you want somethng to happen.

I know what you are saying.. we have been very calm and collected on every call as we don't want to p*** them off.. Like you we also realise if we don't do anything we will just be forgotten.. The thing is, EVERYTIME you call you get a different story and nothing ever comes to fruition. To the previous poster.. We were given a date when they said we'd hear something.. guess what? we heard nothing!! Just make sure YOU call on the 12th.. It really is a sad state of affairs that this is the first experience with our future country of residence.. at least after this the only way is up?? I hope..

post-89830-0-55859900-1293623976_thumb.jpg

Tried to upload a pic of me n rach so you can all put faces to the names and see we were not always miserable.. good luck..

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Tomorrow I'll hit 5 months. I feel the same way as the OP. Sigh. Really got me there about the parties. Now here comes the New Year's ... whoop-pee ... all I feel like doing is crawl back to bed after this stupid work week and die (not literally). I am tempted to just resign and fly over to visit her on a VWP, but I keep telling myself just hang in there it is better to save. This whole process doesn't make it easier. Reform please, USCIS.

:::::

www.yamashitariki.com :::::

writings . music . art . film . photography

Timeline

Soooooooooo Upset!!! same here... upset the way my application goin..we're out of normal process then what? need to wait for another 60 days? 44days etc..etc...all the holidays is over . we were expecting to be together this holiday unfortunately there is no way to be together coz of this unfair process..they dont even give specific date on when or how to receive the approval..giving the time frame is no use! upset! upset! everytime making a followup call is a nightmare why? its b'coz they will just give you another ton of different reason and a never ending words such as " call back after 7 days" " wait for another 30 days...44 days....60 days...exhausted!

Rie

crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif I knowwacko.gif when we filed in july were in high hopes wishing that we can be able to spend christmas together after 3 long yearswacko.gif. we've only been together every 5months in between for 2 weeks, well 10-12 days to be exact plus travel time. its been very expensive, but we didnt a choice. thats the only way to be together for the meantime. and its so very disappointing, frustrating & heartbreaking that even after patiently waiting beyond their so claimed time frame, here we are hopeless & helpless. thank God theres skype, but seeing and not being able to touch or hold each other makes it more painfulsad.gif

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

When you call next time, ask them if it is first come, first served. When they say YES, then tell them that multiple VJ members have been told that they are working on July 10. Seems like a lot of people filed on July 10 since it has taken them all month for just this one day. But don't tell them that part. That is just my sarcastic comment. Do ask them, however, why in this first come first served setting, has your July 8 has been left behind while July 10 is being worked on.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Even if you do call, and even if you do get news like I did (an RFE was issued 12/16), I still have yet to receive the hard copy RFE. So I don't even know what I need to provide. My holidays have been crappy, too. And my fiance and I almost broke up because this pressure is getting to me. I actually tried to explain this on another post and on top of it get told by others who do not know anything about my relationship that I am in a "cracked up" relationship....so I am really feeling pain and lack of support. People who have been fairly treated in this process have no idea what it is like and what kind of stressed it causes when you are treated unfairly.

I-751 Removal of Conditions sent - 9/7/13

NOA1 received - 9/17/13

Biometrics appointment - 10/8/13

Removal of Conditions approved - 12/16/13

Timeline

Even if you do call, and even if you do get news like I did (an RFE was issued 12/16), I still have yet to receive the hard copy RFE. So I don't even know what I need to provide. My holidays have been crappy, too. And my fiance and I almost broke up because this pressure is getting to me. I actually tried to explain this on another post and on top of it get told by others who do not know anything about my relationship that I am in a "cracked up" relationship....so I am really feeling pain and lack of support. People who have been fairly treated in this process have no idea what it is like and what kind of stressed it causes when you are treated unfairly.

aw! i totally understand you. like you, us too taking this journey in a very difficult way. sometimes we get into argument, mood swings, when ur sad and desperate sometimes it gets into you and talking online with a bad mood is not very easy. but never did we think that we have a cracked up relationship. sometimes being mad at he situation affects on how u interact with each other but i think as long as you're still inlove with each other no matter what arguements you get into as long as youre willing to talk about it..love will win.

Timeline

Totally with you on this!! I know most of them mean well but there are some people on this site who need to engage brain before typing. All this, be patient, find things to do ####### just annoys me!! Like Ive said if I had managed to stay patient over 6 months Id have to start doubting the relationship.. One guy also said to calm down etc and he got his after 6 weeks!! aaaaaaargh!! I don't think some people realise how patronising they sound when we are literally tearing our hair out!! :bonk:

....and you have the support of Rach and I and everyone else in this thread Im sure..

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Any logical guess as to when VSC will resuscitate?

9/9/10: I-129F Sent

9/15/10: Received NOA1 via text/email from USCIS

9/16/10: Received NOA1 in mail (dated 9/13/10)

9/20/10: Touched!

10/03/10: Touched to the dusty shelves!

2/28/11: NOA2 finally

3/04/11: Arrived at NVC

3/08/11: Left NVC and arrived at CDJ consulate

4/04/11: Packet 3 sent

4/13/11: Packet 3 received!

4/18/11: Medical Exam

4/19/11: ASC

4/20/11: Interview (Approved!)

4/29/11: K-1 Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/30/11: Entered USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Any logical guess as to when VSC will resuscitate?

My NOA1 is July 17. I just call USCIS, and they told me everything looks good, but i have to wait 30 days more.I ask to talk to someone who can look on my case. They put me on hold for 40 minutes without answer.We hit 165 days.No hope. How long they need to approve that? We have to wait....wait....wait.....and call after 30 days....and the say again........... call in 30 days.This is shame.

Timeline

My NOA1 is July 17. I just call USCIS, and they told me everything looks good, but i have to wait 30 days more.I ask to talk to someone who can look on my case. They put me on hold for 40 minutes without answer.We hit 165 days.No hope. How long they need to approve that? We have to wait....wait....wait.....and call after 30 days....and the say again........... call in 30 days.This is shame.

Exactly, Its just a standard answer so you'll go away and "hopefully" things will be resolved within 30 days!! We've been told 30 days then 2 days later 60 days.. They'll get called every week until its resolved!!

NOA1 - July 8 2010

N0A2 - January 18

Timeline

Exactly, Its just a standard answer so you'll go away and "hopefully" things will be resolved within 30 days!! We've been told 30 days then 2 days later 60 days.. They'll get called every week until its resolved!!

So true!good.gif

how about we all call them back on monday? maybe then they'll realize how many July filers has been left behind. so far on igors list timeline they're already into August filerswacko.gif not so sure how accurate that is but either way the fact remains that our time is due and they owe us thatwhistling.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.