Mariye & Ky

Türk Kahvesi *Turkish Coffee* Cafe*

955 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hey...have your flown in comfort class yet? I booked a comfort class seat to Istanbul from NY. I'm hoping it is worth the extra $60. I hate getting there without sleep, maybe this will help me rest.

Came back to let my buddies here know about the amazing deal from IAD-IST from THY. They have a special going on where it is $599 round trip (not incl taxes I think) from the previous cities. The promotion will be going on for a while. Right now the it is about 920 to fly from ATL-IST with THY.

In ATL you will be on UA then route through ORD and then be put on THY metal out of Chicago. The ORD flight doesn't have Comfort Class though. :(

Also, do we have any interviews coming up?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

AHHH They don't offer comfort class on Chicago flights. I fly out of atl but always get transferred through ord so unless I get lucky I won't even have that option. Comfort class for $60 is well worth it. I have read a lot of reports from people that have tried it and the food is better and it is less cramped. You got a bargain, they have been offering CC upgrades at some airports for $200 one way. Not to mention the CC cabin is usually quite empty. What airport do you usually fly out of?

Wedding: 7/10/2010

I-130 Sent: 10/08/2010

NOA 1: 10/20/2010

Touched: 10/26/2010

NOA2: 2/10/2011

NVC: 3/6/2011 approx.

No I-864, DS-230 Notification NVC says download files

Emailed Agent form: Response Confirming Change Arrived the Next Day

Mailed I-864 Package: 4/2/2011, Arrived 4/4/2011

DS-230 Received: 4/19/2011

RFE: 5/3/2011, emailed documents same day, email confirmation 5/4/2011

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

Email with Instructions: 5/27/2011

Interview scheduled: 7/14/2011

Consulate had to reschedule, new interview 7/20/2011

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Hi Michelle, Bulut and I are chugging along. He is working now and will get here in December. We are planning a little getaway then to finally enjoy being able to be in one place for a long period of time. We have been together a little over 3 years but this will be the first getaway we will do where neither one of us has been to the destination before.

Your interview is finally here! That was the most nerve wracking part for me. The entire thing went along as I had hoped, right down to the timeline so I was worried that we would have a hitch because it was too easy. You hear all of the horror stories so you begin to think that something will happen. Even our rfe wasn't bad. The embassy in Ankara is good. Just don't bring everything because they won't take it all. Only bring the pertinent info. Bulut brought a bunch of stuff and the person told him to pick and choose because the official couldn't look through everything.

NVC Case Complete: 5/20/2011 (approx. called NVC and they said it was complete so don't know exact date)

APPROVED 7/20/2011

I fly out of Atlanta too! I live 40 minutes north of the Atlanta Airport. It normally takes me through JFK. And I guess since I flew last they upgraded those planes to Istanbul. I also have Silver Medallion status with Delta, so that's why the $60 upgrade fee. I didn't know the food was also better. Good selling point!

AHHH They don't offer comfort class on Chicago flights. I fly out of atl but always get transferred through ord so unless I get lucky I won't even have that option. Comfort class for $60 is well worth it. I have read a lot of reports from people that have tried it and the food is better and it is less cramped. You got a bargain, they have been offering CC upgrades at some airports for $200 one way. Not to mention the CC cabin is usually quite empty. What airport do you usually fly out of?

Timeline

HAHA the other day I thought you had elite status when you said you went to Turkey 3 times already. I need to do a mileage run, but I hope to get status with a new job I'm about to start. I remembered that someone said that the comfort class cabins were usually empty and that it was because they made it difficult to book online. I did a few dummy searches today and the other day and sure enough, I couldn't book comfort class. The cheapest flights in Dec out of Atl have me on LH so it seems like comfort class keeps missing me. AAAH!!!

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

Hey KD and Baris!

Can you two teach my Ky how to do that Chicken Dance? LOL LOL LO

Hey Mari,

hahah of course we can teach him how to dance like a Chicken but the thing is we need him to have a certain talent :D you think he has that talent ? :dance:

By the way Hi to everbody how is everybody doing lately ?

ROC

03/12/2013 - I-751 Package Mailed

03/14/2013 - Received NOA1

04/16/2013 - Biometrics App. Scheduled

Timeline

Hey Mari,

hahah of course we can teach him how to dance like a Chicken but the thing is we need him to have a certain talent :D you think he has that talent ? :dance:

By the way Hi to everbody how is everybody doing lately ?

My Ky have talent??? lol ...

KD, don't you know? A smart woman doesn't type and tell.... :whistle:

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Yeah...that's why I was able to buy the CC. They offer it first to medallion members. I did opt for a slightly higher priced ticket to keep my status on Delta this year. And it reduces the cost of comfort class when you're medallion also.

HAHA the other day I thought you had elite status when you said you went to Turkey 3 times already. I need to do a mileage run, but I hope to get status with a new job I'm about to start. I remembered that someone said that the comfort class cabins were usually empty and that it was because they made it difficult to book online. I did a few dummy searches today and the other day and sure enough, I couldn't book comfort class. The cheapest flights in Dec out of Atl have me on LH so it seems like comfort class keeps missing me. AAAH!!!

Timeline

Yes, that's it. I looked on the site and cc is out of LAX and LGA & JFK in the states. I can't get an NYC routing with THY for anything. I always get Chicago. The only time I had an NYC routing was with Delta and flight 72/73 with Delta is horrific in econ. A while ago I found some good bus rates but I can't find those rates anymore. You will def enjoy cc.

APPROVED 7/20/2011

Timeline

My Ky have talent??? lol ...

KD, don't you know? A smart woman doesn't type and tell.... :whistle:

No comment!! :innocent: Mari if you say so :thumbs::P

ROC

Timeline

hey guys,

I have got writtin exam at DMV today i paid 30 usd for it and PASSED

it was damn easy lol sorry hahah :dance:

I did not take the drivin exam right away bec i need some practice :P

I just made one mistake bec of not readin very well but i have done well

I got permit driving paper on hand

next is driving exam for me

ROC

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

hey guys,

congraulations bro i happy for u? i am on way to turkey............ september 5 i will leave here u take care

Timeline

congraulations bro i happy for u? i am on way to turkey............ september 5 i will leave here u take care

have a safe trip bro Thank you so much i missed kunefe lol eat for me ok!!

allaha emanet !!

ROC

Timeline

hey guys,

496005.jpg

LOL now don't run anybody over like they do in Turkey! LOL.....

Mari

Timeline

EARLY BIRD SPECIAL .... Has everybody seen this yet??

http://www.lufthansa...=en&cid=1000390 I'm thinking to book my flights for this fall and possibly next spring.

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.