Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Hi Mari,

Thanks for this. Really took me 2 days to read the whole thread, i dont want to miss anything all so helpful.. It is nice to know that this group has turned out to be perfectly a support group for everyone for i rarely go out. Just stay home talk to hubby on skype almost 24/7.. and your story amaze me too. I would literally go crazy without talking to him in 5 straight hours. Today is so sad for me, actually several days now. Hubby needs to fly from Hawaii going to his hometown, CA. He'll be there for a week, until Saturday. His dad has been calling him telling him he is sick and that his step mom is in the ICU (he thinks she is terminal). We plan to have our small wedding in CA when we get the visa already so that his dad and my dad can attend and some families too but the other day he told me, neither his dad or nor step mom will be able to attend our wedding..so sad right now.. i dont know what is going on. He is there now with them in the hospital and told me his step mom looks bad.. i dont know what is happening..and anxious what will happen next..hoping everyone will be alright.

Wishing all on this group good health, and good luck to us.

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Michael and I were just talking about healthcare and the need for insurance here in the USA.

I have a link to share http://www.immigrati...igrant_1567.pdf which can

be a starting point to understand the system. I understand that no matter what insurance your

future spouse has you will need your own insurance until you are married. In my case unless Michael

gets called back to work I am not insured, he is also a VA but I am not insured under his benefits.

I will be consulting with a friend of Michael's who sells insurance to get his input.

Anyone out there have experience with this?

Have a wonderful night,

Lise

Hi Lise & Michael!

I reviewed the benefits and exclusions of what Seven Corners will and will not cover. I'd ask Michael's friend for a better plan as this premium is slightly high for what they don't cover. If Michael is a VA then when you do marry, ask him to get information for USAA insurance for healthcare. They are now affiliated with Penfed too. You might also check into a HEALTH SAVINGS PLAN. Ask Michael's friend about this one as it must be attached to another private insurance like Blue Cross/ Shield of Minn. (i think that's your state)

Let us know the status please of your research.

Thanks,

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Timeline

Hi Mari,

Thanks for this. Really took me 2 days to read the whole thread, i dont want to miss anything all so helpful.. It is nice to know that this group has turned out to be perfectly a support group for everyone for i rarely go out. Just stay home talk to hubby on skype almost 24/7.. and your story amaze me too. I would literally go crazy without talking to him in 5 straight hours. Today is so sad for me, actually several days now. Hubby needs to fly from Hawaii going to his hometown, CA. He'll be there for a week, until Saturday. His dad has been calling him telling him he is sick and that his step mom is in the ICU (he thinks she is terminal). We plan to have our small wedding in CA when we get the visa already so that his dad and my dad can attend and some families too but the other day he told me, neither his dad or nor step mom will be able to attend our wedding..so sad right now.. i dont know what is going on. He is there now with them in the hospital and told me his step mom looks bad.. i dont know what is happening..and anxious what will happen next..hoping everyone will be alright.

Cici,

I'm very sorry to hear about Jay's parents, esp. his stepmom. I am sure that his father is very relieved that Jay is with them now. Where in Cali are they? I am up in the Bay Area (San Francisco). Anyway, let's just keep prayer over Jay and his family and some peace for you too while he is away.

Always,

Mari

Edited by Mari & Kadir

Cici,

I'm very sorry to hear about Jay's parents, esp. his stepmom. I am sure that his father is very relieved that Jay is with them now. Where in Cali are they? I am up in the Bay Area (San Francisco). Anyway, let's just keep prayer over Jay and his family and some peace for you too while he is away.

Always,

Mari

Thank you. Yes, in the Bay Area, specifically Daly City. He is planning to meet my Dad for the first time, he is ln SF too..things are getting better now, not like before he came to see his parents, we dont know what to expect... I am watching my hubby sleep right now, he cant make the wifi work in the house so he is using the skype on his phone so we can see each other, that gives me peace of mind..love really will find a way. he dont want me to worry.. TY again for the prayers.

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Mari,

Jay & Cici

My thoughts and prayers are with your families.

Lise

Hi Lise & Michael!

I reviewed the benefits and exclusions of what Seven Corners will and will not cover. I'd ask Michael's friend for a better plan as this premium is slightly high for what they don't cover. If Michael is a VA then when you do marry, ask him to get information for USAA insurance for healthcare. They are now affiliated with Penfed too. You might also check into a HEALTH SAVINGS PLAN. Ask Michael's friend about this one as it must be attached to another private insurance like Blue Cross/ Shield of Minn. (i think that's your state)

Let us know the status please of your research.

Thanks,

Mari

Thanks Mari,

We will keep on digging...this is like being in school again, all very new. The thought of even paying for healthcare is frightening!

I will report any findings!

Take care,

Lise

Love Changes Everything

N-400 Process

May 29, 2016 paperwork sent in

June 3, 2016 check cashed! Text message received.

June 2, NOA

June 22, Biometrics

March 3 In Line for Interview

ROC Process

May 8, 2014 paperwork in hands of USCIS,California Service Center!

May 14, 2014 check cashed

June 2, 2014 Biometrics waived

July 16, 2014 10 yr greencard in hand!

AOS Process
September 29, 2011 AOS in hands of USCIS
July 9, 2012 WELCOME TO AMERICA letter!
July 11, 2012 Conditional GreenCard in hand!

K-1 Process
December 18, 2010 Our K-1 package arrived at Homeland Security
August 23, 2011 Approved
September 8, 2011 POE at Grand Portage, MN Border
September 11, 2011 Married!!!

Timeline

Thank you. Yes, in the Bay Area, specifically Daly City. He is planning to meet my Dad for the first time, he is ln SF too..things are getting better now, not like before he came to see his parents, we dont know what to expect... I am watching my hubby sleep right now, he cant make the wifi work in the house so he is using the skype on his phone so we can see each other, that gives me peace of mind..love really will find a way. he dont want me to worry.. TY again for the prayers.

Cici, that is not that far away from me! OMG so when you get here we might even have lunch me and you!!!! Kewl Deal!!! LOL...

Mari

Hi Lise,

Thank you, much appreciated.

Hi Mari,

I am so excited for that!!!! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I am super-excited...I just got my Learn Assamese CDs to learn my future hubby's native language (although his English is perfect). I can't wait to be able to whisper sweet Assamese nothings into his ear...like "Excuse me, sir, can you direct me to a bathroom with a butt hose?" or "Pardon me, ma'am, will drinking this water give me diarrhea?" or even "Help! Help! I'm being attacked by my pet parrot!". Ahhhh...Assamese, the language of love (L)

Bec & Dipu

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : New Delhi, India

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-22

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-01

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-04-27

NVC Left : 2011-05-05

Embassy Rcvd : 2011-05-08

Pack 3 Rcvd : 2011-05-11

Pack 3 Sent : 2011-06-23

Pack 4 Rcvd : 2011-07-08

Interview : 2011-08-03

Visa Received : 2011-11-09

POE : 2012-01-13

Marriage : 2012-01-21

AOS/EAD Sent : 2012-02-13

NOA1 : 2012-02-22

Hey everyone. List is getting a little too big for comfort now.

Updated Mar 1 2011

110faep.png

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Updated Mar 1 2011

110faep.png

Mari could you please add us to the timeline.

Thanks Marcia&Duncan

2diFp2.png

Dec 17. 2010 - Sent I-129F

Dec 20. 2010 - NOA1

Dec 31. 2010 - Touched

May 23. 2011 - RFE

July 14. 2011 - NOA2

July 26. 2011 - Medical Test

August 19th - Packed 3 Received

August 19th - Packed 3 Send

September 15th - Packed 4 Received

Timeline

Mari could you please add us to the timeline.

Thanks Marcia&Duncan

Forwarded to DizzyLox. OK Marcia & Danny (is it Danny or Duncan?) Next time she updates the timeline. Very happy to see you here!

Enjoy!

Mari

Timeline

Forwarded to DizzyLox. OK Marcia & Danny (is it Danny or Duncan?) Next time she updates the timeline. Very happy to see you here!

Enjoy!

Mari

Mari

I'm happy to be here with you girls goofy.gif , You can add as Marcia& Duncan. Thank You

2diFp2.png

Dec 20. 2010 - NOA1

Dec 31. 2010 - Touched

May 23. 2011 - RFE

July 14. 2011 - NOA2

Timeline

Updated Mar 1 2011

110faep.png

I am so happy you're home Mrs. Loxy!!!! LOL yes, our Timeline is getting big! But look at the happy family we have here on this Thread. Sweeeeeeeet!

Ok on a sidenote, can you please add Marcia & Duncan? ( he goes by Duncan but I think the VJ screename is Marcia and Danny) See my welcome note for correct VJ name.

Love ya LoxyGurl!!!

Mari

Timeline

Why the time goes so slowly or just my time is so slow flows ?ClockWatch2.gif

2diFp2.png

Dec 20. 2010 - NOA1

Dec 31. 2010 - Touched

May 23. 2011 - RFE

July 14. 2011 - NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.