Don&Julie

December Filers

2,635 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I'm sorry for being out-of-touch, but why the discussion of removing some from this list? Even though I don't post much, I do monitor the posts daily via a compilation email that is sent to me. Also, one reason I don't come on much is because the discussion is not solely about visas. It has morphed into recipes, fitness, and other items not necessarily related to the original intent of this message board. I'm not filing a complaint; however, it is quite challenging for me (I'm also studying for an MBA) to sort through the posts to find something related to touches, NOA2, interviews, etc. in a timely fashion.

Kind regards,

Zoey & Lorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm sorry for being out-of-touch, but why the discussion of removing some from this list? Even though I don't post much, I do monitor the posts daily via a compilation email that is sent to me. Also, one reason I don't come on much is because the discussion is not solely about visas. It has morphed into recipes, fitness, and other items not necessarily related to the original intent of this message board. I'm not filing a complaint; however, it is quite challenging for me (I'm also studying for an MBA) to sort through the posts to find something related to touches, NOA2, interviews, etc. in a timely fashion.

That kind of does sound like a complaint though?? We are bored and tired of waiting and always discussing the same topic... no NOA2 for any of us, wow this sucks, blah blah. Recipes, fitness, etc. keeps us motivated to remember there is more to life than this stupid process, and kind of help us feel like we're part of a community who understands and appreciates each others diversity and perspectives. I'm not complaining about your complaint, but just saying... looking to this group for only info on NOA2 updates is a pretty limiting perspective on the info that you might find helpful from this group.

On another related subject, I wasn't planning to post this anywhere else except for our little Decemberite family to read...

I received the "unofficial" furlough notice for government workers this evening. Looks like the government shutdown is pretty close to a sure thing, at least agencies are finally trying to get info out to workers. The bad thing is our applications will probably be delayed even further. Although, I read on the Washington Post that most embassy functions will continue, but I'm not sure if that is going to mean interviews will continue or not since they aren't really related to safety and security which is the major function determining if workers will continue on the job or not. So much conflicting info out there...

Once we get real legit info from inside the govt. I'll keep you guys informed, the news is certainly not to be trusted at this point... but then again neither is congress or my boss for that matter. (LOL!)

xoxo I heart you guys, thanks for all the entertaining stories, recipes, etc. I appreciate all the support, kindness, knowledge and positive energy you guys bring into my life.

I-129F Sent : 2010-11-30

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-12-07

Touched: 2010-12-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Shawn, since you are the first Groom on this Decemberite Thread to officially say, "Love to all" ...

You get the Fondle Award for the MONTH!

Fondle-Coupon.gif

You may present this at any of your local USCIS offices.

Keep spreading the luv!

Ok.. well my last reply was thorough my iphone and it lumped it in with the origional message. Weird and confusing but at least you were able to pick it out!

So I will proudly take my award, and I will [in]appropriately fondle the USCIS offices :P

I am full of love and have much to pass around! :)

-Shawn

April 2007 - Met Sonoko in Okinawa Japan

June 2010 - I left Okinawa, relationship continued

November 12, 2010 - Wedding proposal on Sonoko's visit to USA!

December 10, 2010 - I129F sent

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

March 25, 2011 - NVC receives petition

March 29, 2011 - NVC sends petition to Naha, Okinawa Consulate

April 8, 2011 - Packet 3 Instructions received

April 25, 2011 - Interview (PASSED!!)

May 9, 2011 - VISA received

May 18, 2011 - Arrived to the USA

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Timeline

Thank you Mari!!

VJ and this Dec 2010 community have been a huge help for us, so thank you very, very much everyone!

I am having my medical tomorrow, and interview next Thursday... I am so excited!!

@ Shawn and Sonoko san,

We are surprised to see how fast it's going through since we got NOA2 email notice... we have never seen them work this fast. It almost scares us...

Hey by the way, I am getting a Sanshin soon. I can't wait to learn how to play! Love Okinawan music!!

and yes, we had another big earthquake last night... please calm down, mother earth...

Neko... I LOVE Okinawan music also and especially Sanshin. I miss the Eisa season and all the parades and celebration in my neighborhood. I also got a sanshin when I left there, but I need some new strings and karakui so I can try to learn again! My goal is to go back to Okinawa and plop my #### down in an Izakaya, get a large glass of Orion beer and start playing!!

I miss it soooo much over there! *sigh*

Congrats on everything and that is so cool how fast everything is going for you! I'm guessing down in Naha, they are going at "Island Pace."

Mata!

Shawn

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Timeline

That kind of does sound like a complaint though?? We are bored and tired of waiting and always discussing the same topic... no NOA2 for any of us, wow this sucks, blah blah. Recipes, fitness, etc. keeps us motivated to remember there is more to life than this stupid process, and kind of help us feel like we're part of a community who understands and appreciates each others diversity and perspectives. I'm not complaining about your complaint, but just saying... looking to this group for only info on NOA2 updates is a pretty limiting perspective on the info that you might find helpful from this group.

On another related subject, I wasn't planning to post this anywhere else except for our little Decemberite family to read...

I received the "unofficial" furlough notice for government workers this evening. Looks like the government shutdown is pretty close to a sure thing, at least agencies are finally trying to get info out to workers. The bad thing is our applications will probably be delayed even further. Although, I read on the Washington Post that most embassy functions will continue, but I'm not sure if that is going to mean interviews will continue or not since they aren't really related to safety and security which is the major function determining if workers will continue on the job or not. So much conflicting info out there...

Once we get real legit info from inside the govt. I'll keep you guys informed, the news is certainly not to be trusted at this point... but then again neither is congress or my boss for that matter. (LOL!)

xoxo I heart you guys, thanks for all the entertaining stories, recipes, etc. I appreciate all the support, kindness, knowledge and positive energy you guys bring into my life.

I concur that this has grown to a community, not just an info place. To be honest if you need a particular piece of info and don't want to search for it on here (There is ALOT to look for) just ask and you will get a reply! Many questions have been asked multiple times on this particular group and no one minds repeating good info! I love what the group has grown to and I didn't get into it until it really started to become a friendly place. Now I want to send wedding invites to everyone (as long as they bring their local dish to my wedding! LOL)

As far as the furlough, I'm in the military and we have 2000+ civilian/federal service employees on board. Although the official announcement hasn't come out, we have been getting prepared for it. There is a lot of uncertainty and I think that will go through tomorrow and the weekend before anyone really knows.

I do still have to work though since I am active duty, but what sucks (and it sucks for the furloughs also) is that the pay stops, period. Of course there will be the back pay when this thing ends (if it even begins) but in the meantime it sucks for the families of the junior ranks who only bring home $500 per pay period. As the leadership for the active duty here, those are the things I have to deal with, it's not fun but it's just giving education of how to change lifestyles for a little while!

Hard times we live in these days, but remember history shows that it will get better sometime!!

Good Luck to those who might get furloughed, I hope it doesn't last long or doesn't happen at all. For all of us, I hope it doesn't screw with our petitions very much, or make even more of a backlog for those behind us!!

With much love, hugs, and *friendly* kisses (HA.. see I can be ... umm.. mushy, passionate, loveable??),

Shawn

December 23, 2010 - NOA1

March 22, 2011 - NOA2

Aug 16, 2011 - AOS Sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

VSC is late but we have to be patient. I saw one September filer at Sep/28/2010 from VSC just get their NOA2 on March 28, 2011. So I filed I-129F with NOA1 in Dec/27/2010, expected to get NOA2 in late June... it is suck, i know but what can we do? just praise for it haha...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone! Nov. Filers here we are. . . . .

Nov. 24, 2010 - Filed K1

Dec. 01, 2010 - NOA 1 date

Dec. 08, 2010 - last touched

right now this very moment looking up for NOA2

Nov. 24, 2010 - Filed K1

Hello All,

I am hopng all of you get some good news this month. I am not new to the K 1 process, and my first was approved in 3.5 months from VSC. Things I see have changed in a few years. Anyway, thanks for the invite to this forum Mari. Here is the link to my timeline if anyone cares to post it with the others. Good luck to you all! Thanks.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=101338

Because tracking your timeline when all indicators point to you not caring or being around sucks. I update the timeline while I'm at work, sometimes on my lunch break or during time I take out to clean up emails and organize my day. No one is paying me to do it. I'm doing it because if you guys are anything like me you care about your wait time. If tracking people that aren't active is adding 15mins plus to my day because now I have to resize, upload, cut in half and convert images for someone else's benefit who I don't even think exists, then yeah... I'd want to talk about taking them off the list. I don't mean to be snappy but if studying for your MBA means you can't simply ask any one of us for information you might be seeking then I don't know what to tell you.

2010 K1 December Filers: December Filers Citizenship Help

---
Let's get this Citizenship party started:
Dec 28. 2011 - Sent AOS Forms
May 15. 2012 - Green Card in Hand
Jun 12. 2012 - Our 1st Baby was born! :)

Oct 14. 2014 - ROC approved.
---

08/16/2015 - Looking into Citizenship process!

Click Here for a detailed timeline of our K1 Journey.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I mailed my forms Dec 03 and then got a NOA1 of Dec 06.

I checked my WAC number for about a month before I got angry and gave up. It kept saying the record wasn't valid.

Mari & Kadir asked me to check if I was touched, and I was about to tell her that my number didn't work.

Amazingly enough, it works and gives me a correct NOA1 date.

After registering for case updates, which I couldn't do before, it says "Last Updated" 03/22/2011. Is that a touch? Mari & Kadir wanted to know if I was touched.

Right now about all I feel is punched...so that is kind of like a touch I guess...

10/31/2010 - 12:05AM (Seoul Time) : Proposed, she said yes
11/1/2010 - 8:17PM (Seoul Time)   : Her father approved
12/3/2010 - 1:26PM (Alaska Time)  : 2lb I-129F package left my office
12/6/2010 - 8:39AM (Central Time) : Package arrived in Lewisville Texas
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS text message
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS e-mail notification, headed to CSC
12/8/2010 - 9:14PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS e-mail notification
12/8/2010 - 9:15PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS text message
12/9/2010 -                       : Check processed at JP Morgan
12/10/2010 -                      : Check processed at my bank
x/x/xxxx - Married?

event.png

I will add you :)

I mailed my forms Dec 03 and then got a NOA1 of Dec 06.

I checked my WAC number for about a month before I got angry and gave up. It kept saying the record wasn't valid.

Mari & Kadir asked me to check if I was touched, and I was about to tell her that my number didn't work.

Amazingly enough, it works and gives me a correct NOA1 date.

After registering for case updates, which I couldn't do before, it says "Last Updated" 03/22/2011. Is that a touch? Mari & Kadir wanted to know if I was touched.

Right now about all I feel is punched...so that is kind of like a touch I guess...

Awesome! Good to know you are still hanging in there. Albeit by a thread :) that is def a touch!!

---

---

Can somebody add us to a waiting list please!I really don't know how to do it :help:

HAha! I will help and add you :)

As long as I know when you have sent your petition, your NoA1 date and which service centEr you were routed to :)

---

---

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Nov. 24, 2010 - Filed K1

Nov. 24, 2010 - Filed K1

Welcome John & Chona to the Thread!!!

Although you sent your file to USCIS in November (like I did), you are a December Filer because your NOA1 date put you in the system on Dec 1st!

Therefore, your file is listed for December :thumbs: Our Thread Map will help you Navigate around and enjoy the ride!

Happy to see you here!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello All,

I am hopng all of you get some good news this month. I am not new to the K 1 process, and my first was approved in 3.5 months from VSC. Things I see have changed in a few years. Anyway, thanks for the invite to this forum Mari. Here is the link to my timeline if anyone cares to post it with the others. Good luck to you all! Thanks.

http://www.visajourn...?cfl=&id=101338

Welcome Patrick & Olga to the Thread!!!!

I am happy you got here and hope you find our Decemberite Family as fun as we do!

Our Thread Map will help you navigate around and find great information for the NOA2, our Fitness Challenge, Wedding planning and tips, and Our Decemberite Cookbook!

Please make yourselves at "Home"!

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.