Jenny & Danny

Documentation for Minor

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, My fiance has a son of 11 years old. I am aware that she will have to provide medical and police reports for the K-1 process. What documentation is required for her son? Is he subject to the same medical and police reports?

Thank You

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-12-20

NVC Received : 2010-12-28

NVC Left : 2010-12-30

Consulate Received : 2011-01-10

Packet 3 Received : 2011-01-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-01-10

Packet 4 Received : 2011-02-03

Interview Date : 2011-03-02

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2011-03-10

US Entry : 2011-03-26

Marriage :

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello, My fiance has a son of 11 years old. I am aware that she will have to provide medical and police reports for the K-1 process. What documentation is required for her son? Is he subject to the same medical and police reports?

Thank You

No police reports for anybody under 16 but otherwise the documentation is pretty much the same for both once the petition is approved. In addition, you'll need country specific information on permission from a non-custodial parent.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank You

Medical YES. Police certificate, NO.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

No police reports for anybody under 16 but otherwise the documentation is pretty much the same for both once the petition is approved. In addition, you'll need country specific information on permission from a non-custodial parent.

So this means he will have to travel to Bogota with my fiance and attend his own medical appointment before the interview? Or do we just need to show thay his vaccination record in up to date?

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Marriage :

Timeline

So this means he will have to travel to Bogota with my fiance and attend his own medical appointment before the interview? Or do we just need to show thay his vaccination record in up to date?

The K2 visa applicant needs all the same documentation including a medical exam PLUS applicable permission from the other parent.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The K2 visa applicant needs all the same documentation including a medical exam PLUS applicable permission from the other parent.

Thank you for all the info. In regards to the permission from other parent. My fiance was never married to her sons father. He basically is a dead beat dad that abandoned his son about 10 years ago. He has recently made contact with his son and communicates with him ocasionally by telephone. He never gave any financial support until recently as well. What he does offer is peanuts. To the best of our knowledge the father is living illegally in the US, but his whereabouts is unknown. We think Miami.

We can make an atempt to get permission from him, but I think it will be difficult. Is there any other option to show that my fiance has sole custody and that the father abandoned the son?

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

Marriage :

Timeline

Thank you for all the info. In regards to the permission from other parent. My fiance was never married to her sons father. He basically is a dead beat dad that abandoned his son about 10 years ago. He has recently made contact with his son and communicates with him ocasionally by telephone. He never gave any financial support until recently as well. What he does offer is peanuts. To the best of our knowledge the father is living illegally in the US, but his whereabouts is unknown. We think Miami.

We can make an atempt to get permission from him, but I think it will be difficult. Is there any other option to show that my fiance has sole custody and that the father abandoned the son?

You need a country specific answer for this. If it were the Philippines, the fact they were never married would be all you needed. For Colombia, get a Colombia specific answer.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

but yet he has made recent contact and has recently given some financial support... how was the money sent?

YMMV

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You need a country specific answer for this. If it were the Philippines, the fact they were never married would be all you needed. For Colombia, get a Colombia specific answer.

:thumbs: agreed.

You will need to research the country specific answer. In Canada A notarized letter from the other parent given permission or a Court order was needed. (I took the long road and went to court)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs: agreed.

You will need to research the country specific answer. In Canada A notarized letter from the other parent given permission or a Court order was needed. (I took the long road and went to court)

From what I can find via google. You need a the fathers notarized letter just to visit outside of the country, I would contact the embassy and get all your questioned answered. As this may take some time if needed.

Found a few topics for you to read :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/259410-travel-permit-for-children-permiso-de-viaje-para-ninos-colombia/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/44509-k2-visa-for-child/

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

Be careful what you read on this forum. Posters meen no harm but none of the answers are correct except when you were told that Colombia has thier own set of rules.

STEP ONE:

Contact the ICBF ( Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar) Family Guardian Office

This applies if the custodial parent does not know where the other parent could be located in order to authorize the child travel.

If at some point a Judge has suspended or deprived parental rights to the other parent, the Law states that not authorization is required for the minor to leave the Country. At the airport the Mother will need to show the Divorce decree where it states the the parental rights were removed from the Father. Obviously all those docs will need to be notarized. You know that is Colombia, everything is notarized!!!!

An appointment with a Family Guardian can be set calling at 01800 918080.

STEP TWO :

Attend the Hearing in person.

REQUIREMENTS OR DOCUMENTS NEDDED:

1. Place of origin, nationality, residence and identification. Demonstrate the filial relationship, date and place of birth. THIS CAN BE SATISFIED SHOWING THE CHILDS BIRTH CERTIFICATE.

It could be a good idea to bring to the hearing the Petitioners ID (Cedula) and birth certificate also.

2. Show Marital Status. (THIS CAN BE SATISFIED SHOWING THE DIVORCE DECREE)

3. Demonstrate Parental Rights of the petitioner that request the permit for the minor. (THIS CAN BE SATISFIED SHOWING THE DIVORCE DECREE)

4. Marriage certificate or license.

5. LAST BUT NOT LEAST: Letter requesting authorization for the child to leave the Country, stating the reasons for travel and the time the child will remain outside the country. If time is unknown specify that in the letter and at the Hearing at the ICBF.

Mothers name, DOB and ID number and date of expedition. (Cedula)

Fathers name, DOB and ID number and date of expedition. (Cedula) If known

Childs name, DOB and ID number and date of expedition. (Contraseña)

Date and place of Marriage

Date and place of divorce

Last time and place Father was seeing

Witnesses names "if any". ( Not required but could help expedite the process)

it could be a good idea to go to the Hearing with notarized affidavits of friends or relatives stating that they can testify that the Child parent has been absent for the last years and that his actual location is unknown. If there is not time to do this, no big deal, most likely the ICBF still should grant the permit with not problems.

url=http://www.tickerclub.com/]e736e35a2b.png[/url]

Time is relative... The mind makes it slow, the heart makes it fast, our friends make it worth while, and words... make it timeless.

12/27/10 NOA 1 hard copy received in Mail

12/31/10 USICS Notification on Website

05/04/11 2nd notice of Approval via website and text message! Thank you Jesus!

05/09/11 2nd notice I-797 hard copy arrives in mail.

05/11/11 NVC receives approved K-1 visa

05/13/11 NVC ships K-1 to Bogota

05/16/11 K-1 arrives at Embassy

05/18/11 E-mail Packet #3 to Embassy

07/28/11 Appointment scheduled at Embassy in Bogota. # Visa Approved #

If the biological father is in contact, why the heck not just ask him for anything you need to satisfy the US Embassy in Colombia...

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

• 1 month later...
Timeline

La de dee La de da..... :bonk:

Edited by On the Road Again

url=http://www.tickerclub.com/]e736e35a2b.png[/url]

Time is relative... The mind makes it slow, the heart makes it fast, our friends make it worth while, and words... make it timeless.

12/27/10 NOA 1 hard copy received in Mail

12/31/10 USICS Notification on Website

05/04/11 2nd notice of Approval via website and text message! Thank you Jesus!

05/09/11 2nd notice I-797 hard copy arrives in mail.

05/11/11 NVC receives approved K-1 visa

05/13/11 NVC ships K-1 to Bogota

05/16/11 K-1 arrives at Embassy

05/18/11 E-mail Packet #3 to Embassy

07/28/11 Appointment scheduled at Embassy in Bogota. # Visa Approved #

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.