CarolineM

so fed up with Us Airways...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

So I just got off the phone after an HOUR long convo with US airways. In that hour I was transferred 8 times and only got ONE person that had any command of the English language. Sadly, she had the IQ of 20. I explained my situation 100 times and STILL no resolution.

WHAT CAN I DO?

Here's the situation.

MY FF account is in my MAIDEN name. I have faxed in my marriage certificate to have it changed, but it hasn't yet been done.

I have a FF ticket on hold from Jax - LAX. They can't book it yet because it will book in my maiden name - while all my travel documents are in my MARRIED name. They say they can just make a notation saying ti's the same person, but I am scared to death that even WITH that notation I won't be able to fly. This is the last FF seat on that flight available...and even it is 50,000 miles. If I lose it at midnight tonight, it's gone.

WHY WONT THEY HELP ME...I am so frustrated.

Just wanted to vent

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: Timeline

All I can say is good luck. I fought with US Airways for over 6 months trying to get my money back for things that were stolen out of my luggage. I know good and well what you are talking about when you say they don't have a good command of the english language. Plus, half of the numbers they gave me to call wouldn't even give me a person and then when I got a number for the lady in claims she wouldn't return my calls. I finally had to get the BBB involved in order to get my reimbursement. I hate to say it but the way US Airways operates you may well lose your ticket at midnight. Customer service difinitely isn't one of their strong suits.

Just couldn't stay my @ss away!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

call back and ask to speak to a supervisor or a manager. refuse to talk to anyone but the supervisor and manager. get the name on the ticket changed, go on your flight, and sign up for the FF program with Delta :)

Timeline

joel, i'll lose all my miles, right?? Not so bad. If I can get this stpuuid ticket to work i'll have onlt 30000 left...so Il'l use those rela fast and start over.

OMG i have an english speaker on the line...

this is my FOURTH call. I'm going to ask for a manager :) thanks guys

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

If you have to do it this way, I think you'd be ok with a notation of your name change. I recently went to Ireland with a bunch of girls and 1 got her own and her cousin's ticket. She spelt her cousin's name wrong!! We were so nervous that Katie wouldn't be able to get on the flight while we were in line, then the guy just said thats fine, go to the desk over there to have them switch it in the computer. This was Aer Lingus, who are pretty easy about things, but it did work. Just make sure to bring documentation of the name change to the airport in case there are any problems.

Good Luck!

Timeline:

11-15-2005: Sent in I-129F to VSC

11-21-2005: NOA1

11-29-2005: NOA2

12-05-2005: NVC recieved

12-17-2005: Packet 3 received from Dublin

1-11-2006: Sent packet 3 forms, etc. to Dublin

2-03-2006: Interview Date :)APPROVED!!!

2-05-2006: Flying to Logan Airport

2-11-2006: Wedding Date

3-14-2006: Filed AOS and EAD

3-22-2006: NOA1 (AOS and EAD)

4-07-2006: Biometrics

6-07-2006: EAD approved!!

7-24-2006: AOS Interview APPROVED!!!

7-27-2006: Received Welcome to America letter

8-03-2006: Green Card Received :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

OH I didn't realize you'd still have miles left. okay well if you go with Delta you will lose those miles since US Air is not a skyteam airline. they are a star alliance airline though so those miles COULD be transferrable to another star alliance airline, like United, and Air NZ

Filed: Country: Guatemala
Timeline

This last trip (the coming home part) was my first and last experience with US Airways. It was terrible! We got on the plane at 12 noon, didn't take off until 2:15!! They were waiting on something to be signed in Pennsylvania and it had to do with some mechanical issue :huh: so then we all missed our next flights so I had to take the 9:50 flight and didn't get home until after 11. Was supposed to be home by 9. And we didn't get not a thing to eat that entire time. On the second flight we didn't even get drinks. Sounds like nobody's had a really great experience with this airline! I hope they can get your name fixed.

Don't let the sunshine spoil your rain...just stand up and COMPLAIN!

-Oscar the Grouch

Timeline

Awesome...thanks for all the help and i'm glad USAIR isn't just terrible with me, but I'm sorry to hear about your trip melissa. No fun :(

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

US Air is one big pain in the butt!! last yr I did them a favor--they overbooked the flight so I gave up my seat, and in return they gave me a free round trip flight anywhere they fly! good deal, wel lso I thought! i was told by the ticket lady, could be used anytime!! So back in APRIL I goto book a flight from DC to LA for AUGUST, should be no problem right, many many months in advance, guess again, they only allow so many of those vouchers to be used on a flight!! Wasn't what I was told when I gave up my seat!! So I talked/emailed US Air and what was the solution. For some unknown reason I got a voucher in the mail to fly from DC to Pittsburg!! Why Pittsburg, I have no clue!! Luckily I was able to use it for July on a trip to RI. BUT I kept getting these msg's that my flight intinerary for Aug had changed!! So I would phone US air and ask about this intineray change when I had NO flights with them for that time period, NONE! So the brainless US AIR employee on the phone would keep asking for my flight #!! I would say I have NO flights with you and would like these calls to stop (they gave 2-4 times a week) She would then say what day are you travelling!! Would explain over again, and again, they were so clueless it was rather funny, but annoying! Best of luck with US air, demand to speak to a manager, it may help.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

ask to speak to a US international customer relations officer.

I had the same problem, trying to change a return flight for my husband when his father died. I phoned and complained to Expedia who I had booked the original flight through, and they advised me to ask for a US ICRO and lo and behold I did get an American rep every time I phone thereafter. Not that they actually sorted my problem out - Expedia did it on my behalf and after I had tried about ten times and failed - and US Airways even hung up on Expedia's rep - who was absolutely disgusted at how bad US service was in trying to resolve my problem, she even got her manager involved!

Hope you manage to sort it out! Let us know how you get on.

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope I see only good things for me! I put my dad on a US Air flight for monday from Chicago to Newark. He's elderly so I asked for wheelchair service for him. I'm overly protective, and he's travelling alone. ****fingers crossed****

*Karen -- Jamaica ....... Courtney -- New Jersey*

09-12-05 - AOS filed

04-21-06 - AOS Interview

04-27-06 - Approval

05-17-06 - Green Card in hand

02-11-08 - File to remove conditions

03-15-08 - Biometrics

03-18-09 - Approved - No interview (Card production ordered)

03-24-09 - 10-year card arrives!

adaf8672.gif

JimminiCricket.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Can you book the ticket with your married name...like if you were transferring your miles to someone else?

Sept. 27: Filed AOS, EAD and AP

Oct. 6: NOA for AOS, EADand AP received, case was moved from the DC office to MSC

Nov. 23: Biometrics and fingerprint appt.

Nov. 24: AOS and EAD touched

Dec. 3: EAD arrives in the mail!

Sept 19, 2005: E-filed EAD renewal

Sept. 20: I-485 transferred to CSC

Dec 20: RFE notice received

Feb. 13, 2006: RFE received in CSC

Feb. 23: AOS approved