♥Yllen

Black and white copies? All passport pages?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

How do blank pages provide evidence of citizenship?

May be easier to just send in a copy of the birth certificate and skip the passport?

I don't think they do, but USCIS requires every page when using the passport as evidence of US Citizenship. Yes, if you have a certified copy of your US birth certificate, it makes more sense to use that as evidence of citizenship. Bear in mind though that many US Citizens were NOT born in the USA.

Now, I know this is going to sound really "high falutin" but next time you see me give advice that seems odd to you, you might want to consider that it ain't my first rodeo and there's probably a reason you haven't learned about yet, that explains it. Instead of contradicting with the wrong counsel, just ask me why and learn something. Just a thought.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
it ain't my first rodeo
To the OP (and all): Trust that this is true. It's wise to heed pushbrk's advice.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Just wondering how many RFE's we have seen here on VJ for not including all the blank pages?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

I sent color copies of every single passport ``page, including the front and back cover. I also sent 200% copies of the biographic pages and any page containing a stamp. 22 color copies in all.

My 129F weighed 1.5lbs and was about 10mm thick. ^^

10/31/2010 - 12:05AM (Seoul Time) : Proposed, she said yes
11/1/2010 - 8:17PM (Seoul Time)   : Her father approved
12/3/2010 - 1:26PM (Alaska Time)  : 2lb I-129F package left my office
12/6/2010 - 8:39AM (Central Time) : Package arrived in Lewisville Texas
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS text message
12/8/2010 - 9:12PM (Alaska Time)  : First USCIS e-mail notification, headed to CSC
12/8/2010 - 9:14PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS e-mail notification
12/8/2010 - 9:15PM (Alaska Time)  : Second USCIS text message
12/9/2010 -                       : Check processed at JP Morgan
12/10/2010 -                      : Check processed at my bank
x/x/xxxx - Married?

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

You all, thanks for the help and the replies.

I guess not everyone read when I corrected the original post: we´re using his Naturalization Certificate as proof or US Citizenship.

Copies of NON US passport are proof of having met. (All stamps there, but we don´t think we need to send copies of the blank pages for that matter, do we?).

There are no stamps in his US passport. (So we don´t have to send any of it).

PNB0m3.png

HxkAm12.png

Time from NOA1 to NOA2: 4 Months, 2 Weeks, 1 day

Timeline

You all, thanks for the help and the replies.

I guess not everyone read when I corrected the original post: we´re using his Naturalization Certificate as proof or US Citizenship.

Copies of NON US passport are proof of having met. (All stamps there, but we don´t think we need to send copies of the blank pages for that matter, do we?).

There are no stamps in his US passport. (So we don´t have to send any of it).

You got it.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We just received our NOA-2 from CSC and when I sent in my I-129 I sent a color copy (of the front and back) of my Naturalization Certificate and a color copy of my US passport bio page and only copies of the stamped pages that related to my trips to Thailand. I also had trips to Italy and Jamaica stamped in my passport but figured they were irrelevant and didn't include them or the blank pages.

July 10, 2010 - I 129F package mailed to Calif. Service Center

July 16, 2010 - Package received at CSC (less than 10 miles from my house)

July 22, 2010 - Received NOA-1

July 29, 2010 - Touched

Dec 07, 2010 - Approval email from USCIS NOA-2 mailed

Dec 09, 2010 - Received NOA-2 Hardcopy

Dec 21, 2010 - NVC received Package

Dec 29, 2010 - Package received at Bangkok Embassy

Jan 12, 2011 - Received Packet 3

Jan 24, 2011 - Returned packet 3

Feb 7, 2011 - Received Packet 4 (Interview date)

March 3, 2011 - Interview - K1 visa approved!!

April 4, 2011 - Egg arrives in California

May 25, 2011 - Married

• 2 months later...
Timeline

I copied the photo page and the pages with immigration stamps in color, and then all the other pages in black and white (to save money).

More: Cross Border Marriage

Thanks,

Mark

What did you include as evidence of US Citizenship? Context is everything here. You only need to include all pages of a US passport when it's being used as evidence of citizenship, NOT when it's being used as evidence of meeting in person.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

• 6 years later...
Timeline
On 12/8/2010 at 12:32 PM, ♥Yllen said:

Yes, that´s what we thought too specially because like I said, the proof of US Citizenship is the Naturalization Certificate copy and the non US passport copies are for proof of having met, so we didn´t think ALL PAGES were necessary.

Although we still have doubts about sending or not copies of the US passport, as he only used it to re-enter the US in his last trip.

Hello!!! I have the same situation and I am a little bit confused, may ask you.. what did you end up doing? and did you get your NOA2 without problem? I will be the happiest if you can answer 

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.