Jun&Scheillo

We should be hearing great news from june and early july filers.

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

no - quite a few June filers are waiting

and very very few July filers have NOA2 unless they were military.

what would be nice: for all the website users to register

and fill out their time lines - it makes the website so much

more successful.

The last congressional info we received was the huge volume

of humanitarian visas that were processing especially Haiti.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

more successful.

Just like the holidays will make the wait shorter for us? No, by far, NO... It makes it longer for us. We have to spend these days without our loved ones. We miss them, and it makes the time LONGER, not shorter.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

more successful.

Are you saying VSC has been assigned those humanitarian cases alone? What was the original 5 months wait for?

I was under the impression that the xtra wait was to catch up with all the additional work incl. the above.

Timeline

Just like the holidays will make the wait shorter for us? No, by far, NO... It makes it longer for us. We have to spend these days without our loved ones. We miss them, and it makes the time LONGER, not shorter.

As far as holidays, in this case we should not have to worry about that. once they say 150 days, or 5 months, we should hold them to it. it does not really matter how many of these days are business days or week end. It should not make anything longer.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

As far as holidays, in this case we should not have to worry about that. once they say 150 days, or 5 months, we should hold them to it. it does not really matter how many of these days are business days or week end. It should not make anything longer.

Holidays and weekends are factored into that timeframe. Once you hit 150 days from the time your NOA 1 states you can contact them and your Congressman/Senator.

Timeline

Are you serious right now?! "Longer" as in figuratively speaking. Not as in actually longer. More like the minutes feel like hours type thing. Wow, just wow.

And if we were'nt speaking figuratively, how the hell would the holidays make it shorter?! It would be THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. It is still a day.

For everyone else... I said NO to this post as I refered to another one made by her/him about the holidays making the wait time shorter for Oct/Nov filers. Makes no sense. If it's just me... Please explain.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

Are you saying VSC has been assigned those humanitarian cases alone? What was the original 5 months wait for?

I was under the impression that the xtra wait was to catch up with all the additional work incl. the above.

Absolutely not. The 5 month wait it soley for your I-129F cases. You don't really believe that it was to include everything else? Considering that USCIS got what?... 18,000 I-129F's for the month of September alone? Come on...

Which brings me back to the National Average of 12.1 Months. Is it making sense now?

Edited by xlbLoOdlx

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Absolutely not. The 5 month wait it soley for your I-129F cases. You don't really believe that it was to include everything else? Considering that USCIS got what?... 18,000 I-129F's for the month of September alone? Come on...

Which brings me back to the National Average of 12.1 Months. Is it making sense now?

They(USCIS)really does not care. There is only 17 more days this year of Federal work days and that does not count if there is snow day in Vermont. I really do not see anyone getting any Notice until 2011. They will say sorry for the wait. Please define the word "SORRY".

07.26.2010: I-129F Sent

07.30.2010: I-129F Received (Vermont Service Center)

08.03.2010: Electronic Notification of NOA1 (Routed to Vermont Service Center)

10.03.2010: Touched

more successful.

They don't care at all even if the petitioner is in the military unless there's a deployment, they just don't care at all and it's totally BS!

Edited by -teReZee-

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

you know how it works?if your service center has got backlog,your petition is put on hold for five months,right before you hit five months they bring up your case and go through it,if not,you get forgotten like terezee and myself.

the reason both CSC and VSC got backlogged in the first place is Haitian petitioners.their cases are considered " humanitarian "

Are you serious right now?! "Longer" as in figuratively speaking. Not as in actually longer. More like the minutes feel like hours type thing. Wow, just wow.

And if we were'nt speaking figuratively, how the hell would the holidays make it shorter?! It would be THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME. It is still a day.

For everyone else... I said NO to this post as I refered to another one made by her/him about the holidays making the wait time shorter for Oct/Nov filers. Makes no sense. If it's just me... Please explain.

I would think the the holidays would cause the process to take longer. Do to personnel at the service centers taking extra time off to go on vacation, be with family at home, etc. I'm not sure why someone would think that it would shorten the timeframe.

Not very helpful, I know, but it makes sense to me.

George

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Timeline

I would think the the holidays would cause the process to take longer. Do to personnel at the service centers taking extra time off to go on vacation, be with family at home, etc. I'm not sure why someone would think that it would shorten the timeframe.

Not very helpful, I know, but it makes sense to me.

George

If you are thinking of them being off for vacation and what nat, you are worried too much. The only thing u should be doing is wait for 150 days. I mean, do not think of going through the holidays without your lover so much if your NOA 2 is not due yet.As bad as we may feel, there is "In fact" a five months wait for most of us (should we get approved before then, praise God!).Some of us are dealing with this possitively while some of us are hopeless. All we have to do now is give them the 5 months that they have asked for (not a day more). Meanwhile, use everything in your power to make those days go fast! some of us can do that. If you do otherwise, you will suffer daily.

Timeline

If you are thinking of them being off for vacation and what nat, you are worried too much. The only thing u should be doing is wait for 150 days. I mean, do not think of going through the holidays without your lover so much if your NOA 2 is not due yet.As bad as we may feel, there is "In fact" a five months wait for most of us (should we get approved before then, praise God!).Some of us are dealing with this possitively while some of us are hopeless. All we have to do now is give them the 5 months that they have asked for (not a day more). Meanwhile, use everything in your power to make those days go fast! some of us can do that. If you do otherwise, you will suffer daily.

OMG, Drop it already. You obviously don't know the difference between a GOAL and a Guarantee. 5 Month Processing Goal. Common sense. It can take much longer than 5 months. You can call your congressman, they can ASK about your petition, and that is all! It CAN be approved within 5 months. That is the GOAL for USCIS. Nowhere, absolutely nowhere does it state "You WILL get your approval within five months". They INTEND to achieve an NOA2 within 5 months. You know what an average is?! Considering the average right now is at 12.1 months, what does that mean exactly? As far as people being hopeless? NO! It's called being realistic, what you want and what you get are two different things. I think it is hopeless to explain to you about the 150 days, because you just don't get it.

Edited by xlbLoOdlx

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Timeline

USCIS usually processes cases in the order they are received. For each type of application or petition we have specific workload processing goals. For example, we try to process naturalization cases within 5 months of the date we receive them and immediate relative petitions (for the spouse, parent or minor child of a U.S. citizen) within 6 months of the receipt date. Sometimes the volume of cases we receive is so large that it prevents us from achieving our goals, but we never stop trying.

-USCIS.gov

Edited by xlbLoOdlx

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.