Fandango

Some mods are out of control

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It would seem my instincts to skip that thread all together have probably been well founded. :lol:

But I didn't even know we DID thread banning on this site. And if we do (apparently!), I would assume it would have to be a pretty extreme circumstance.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/270255-captain-ewok-an-idea-to-help-with-moderation/

post #10

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

No, not extreme. As punitive measures go, it is less severe than a site suspension.

I meant the action which caused the tb should be extreme. I don't know what happened but I was guessing it wasn't extreme.

And charles! - thanks!!

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

On the surface I'd agree that the mod action seems inappropriate. Posters should not be banned from participating in threads without having violated the TOS.

BUT, come on now, am I expected to believe that AJ just wanted to have some good ol' fashioned Who's Next fun? Pfft. The end goal was (and usually is) a thread like this to talk about how unjust things are around here. It's like how a kid will protest being punished because he wasn't "technically" breaking the rules.

Of course, maybe I'm just being hypersensitive due to the fact that I just finished my annual required "spirit and letter" training at work. Appears to be a spirit violation to me.

Lisa, you did not communicate your concerns to the Moderation team as you stated. e.g. A report posted on VJ.

Your issue was reported elsewhere, which does not elevate it to the appropriate area for proper VJ Mod response.

If you have an issue on VJ, please report it on VJ, so that we (VJ Moderators) can respond.

To the issue and post ban, the member was intentionally disrupting an ongoing thread. You may not agree with the thread, but it does not violate the VJ TOS. However, the particular members action did violate the TOS.

Regards,

William

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Generally the thread ban is an Action resulting from a lesser tos violation not quite to the level of a suspension. It may also be part of a suspension. If a member is baiting or trying to repeatedly derail a thread or attack someone it is appropriate.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

Filed: Timeline

On the surface I'd agree that the mod action seems inappropriate. Posters should not be banned from participating in threads without having violated the TOS.

BUT, come on now, am I expected to believe that AJ just wanted to have some good ol' fashioned Who's Next fun? Pfft. The end goal was (and usually is) a thread like this to talk about how unjust things are around here. It's like how a kid will protest being punished because he wasn't "technically" breaking the rules.

Of course, maybe I'm just being hypersensitive due to the fact that I just finished my annual required "spirit and letter" training at work. Appears to be a spirit violation to me.

Actually, what happened is this.

I noticed Nagishkaw and IR5 personally attack Lisa on the Whats Next? thread. I let her know (on the other site) and then posted on Whats Next? to let Nagishkaw and IR5 know I noticed their attack. I then played the game a few times before retiring for the night.

VJ moderation's characterization of what happened (see post by W33 above) is a lie.

Edited by \

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

0h dear, and allow me to speak.

Let's get a few things straight. No one 'attacked ' Lisa in Who's Next. No one. What you did was nothing more than a set up by non other than yourself, AJ. Here is the real truth and nothing but.....

IR5 and I were on the phone and at the same time we were posting to kill time. You do not know our personal lives as to why we were time killing, and you certainly do not have super powers to listen in on our phone conversation. If you really must know, we were discussing Hollywood celebrities and who we can impersonate. Strangely enough, we both do a pretty good impersonation of Carol Channing. If you noticed, I posted her pic and IR5 posted a youtube video of Hello Dolly.

Not one time did we leave the thread of Who's Next, so how could we possibly know what Lisa posted in another thread? Who cares where and what she posts. It is a fact two VJ members have always disagreed with one another , and one happens to post in Who's Next, thus the post about that poster being the other poster's ##### by IR5. For the record, we consider both to be our friends so no harm done there. Did you just randomly pull her name out of a hat and think, 'A ha! they surely must be talking about Lisa, after all' ? Mother Superior jumped the gun, me thinks.

Now the issue of editing is very simple. The server is slow sometimes and we cannot time the next post right and often we end up ' double posting' , so we go back and edit that double post. Understand that. Who's Next may be a silly game to most, but it can be a great stress reliever and a great way to kill time. I have never misused my editing privilege as organizer. Never. Ever. Please... do not ever accuse me of this.

Basically, you jumped to conclusions and somehow twisted things to make it appear that, according to you, apparently Lisa was attacked so you alerted her as to what you perceived as bait, thus causing disharmony . For the VJ record, I have never had a bad feeling for Lisa. I have no reason to as she has always been kind to me. You fed her nonsense and made it look like she is my sworn enemy, which she is not. She was never attacked in Who's Next, and only your small perception of things believed it to be so . You have followed me around the boards and froth at the mouth at any given opportunity to hit the report button. You have purposely tried to interrupt threads I post in and you know it (Commies and Hearts ring a bell for ya? ), so William is not a liar. I do not dislike you, but what I dislike is what you started and how low you stoop as a man to try to stop me from posting on VJ. That is what it's all about, isn't it ?

My back is to you and I have nothing more to say to you forever.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So explain what was meant by ' She got the C part right....' and it was there in the thread yesterday morning, but shows an edit time of last ( the previous) night. You are saying no one was attacked. I saw it myself!

Edited by tmma

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

and what exactly is NOT having a hack hidden in your thread by ' she's boo yah's b*tch'.

what you two did was nasty and quite cowardly. I mean if you are going to hack on someone , at least do it where they will see it, and NOT edit it out, deny and whatever to cover it up......

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Timeline

and it's weird how AJ gets banned from the thread and it was YOU TWO breaking the TOS.......

edit---I am making one post after the other short, because I can see me getting banned from this thread.

Edited by tmma

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Timeline

Generally the thread ban is an Action resulting from a lesser tos violation not quite to the level of a suspension. It may also be part of a suspension. If a member is baiting or trying to repeatedly derail a thread or attack someone it is appropriate.

Nagi and IR5 were doing that....No TB for them

AJ was on the thread and informed those that he was reporting them for the attack and he was TB.

the offending posts were edited after wards.

I saw it.

Am i the only one seeing the weirdness here?

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

So explain what was meant by ' She got the C part right....' and it was there in the thread yesterday morning, but shows an edit time of last ( the previous) night. You are saying no one was attacked. I saw it myself!

Easy. IR5 said over the phone that he heard in RL Carol Channing was a nasty person, thus my comment...unless you also have super powers to listen in on phone conversations.

I believe Brad did some editing with the posts. Take that up with him, not me. Again, the only editing I myself did personally was the double posts. Perhaps there is a way the Captain can check this ?

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

Easy. IR5 said over the phone that he heard in RL Carol Channing was a nasty person, thus my comment...unless you also have super powers to listen in on phone conversations.

I believe Brad did some editing with the posts. Take that up with him, not me. Again, the only editing I myself did personally was the double posts. Perhaps there is a way the Captain can check this ?

Ok- Well if it was all about carol Channing, why the need to edit afterwards?

personally, I don't care if you post on VJ or whatever, it's the inconsistant moderation and one rule for some and not for all.

i think the Admin should check it all, personally, but prob won't.

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---

Timeline

So i suppose you were both saying that Carol Channing is 'Booyah's b*tch'?????? LOL! ok.

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

---