Reddstars

AOS are W2's really needed?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

We are in the process of getting everything together and was wondering if any copies of my W2's are needed to be shown? In the step by step process for filing AOS it doesnt say anything about them, but Ive seen some guys saying they sent copies of the last 3 years. Can anyone clear this up please...thnx!

Matt

Met on Thailovelines.com on 4/20/09

Met her in Thailand on 7/17/09

Proposed to her In Bangkok on 7/25/09

Returned alone back to Tx on 8/2/09

Finalized my divorce after 17 months on 12/9/09

Filed I-129f at VSC on 12/22/09

NOA1 on 12/28/09

Touch on 3/13/10

Touch again on 3/15/10

NOA2 on 3/16/10 ....(took 79 days from my NOA1)

Received at NVC on 3/24/10

Medical and Background on 4/22/10

Embassy received packet 3 on 5/27/10

Interview passed on 7/16/10

Arrived in Texas on 7/26/10 .....finally!!!!!!!!

**Married on 9/25/10** :)

(AOS)

Sent off I-485 on 1/3/11

Sent off I-765 on 1/3/11

NOA I-485 on 1/10/11

NOA I-765 on 1/10/11

Biometric on 1/28/11

EAD I-765 approved on 3/14/11

I-485 transfered to CSC on 3/15/11

EAD card in hand on 3/16/11

SS card received on 3/25/11

NOA I-485 approved on 4/18/11

GREEN CARD RECEIVED ON 4/20/11 (No Interview)

(REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS)

Sent package off on 2/11/13

usa-180-animated-flag-gifs.gifMATT and LADDAWANthailand-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Deer Park, TX/USA

Bangkok, TH

You are my World and Everything in my life Laddawan

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Yes, they are needed if you are sending copies of your tax returns. If you are sending tax transcripts that you order from IRS, then they are not needed (tax transcript includes that information). Only last year is required, 3 years can be shown if you think it helps you. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
We are in the process of getting everything together and was wondering if any copies of my W2's are needed to be shown? In the step by step process for filing AOS it doesnt say anything about them, but Ive seen some guys saying they sent copies of the last 3 years. Can anyone clear this up please...thnx!

What "step-by-step" are you referring to? If you're referring to the guides you're correct, the W2's aren't mentioned specifically BUT the I-864 is and if you read the paperwork for that you would have seen this (more or less):

Yes, they are needed if you are sending copies of your tax returns. If you are sending tax transcripts that you order from IRS, then they are not needed (tax transcript includes that information). Only last year is required, 3 years can be shown if you think it helps you.

There's an AOS thread in my signature. Have a read of that, it should help you immensely.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.