trillium13

Creationists to build "full scale" replica of Noah's Ark

63 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh, see here I disagree. Ancient Jewish laws forbid men to have sex with their wives while on their periods, sit on the same furniture, touch them in any way etc. Keeping women subordinate was wildly popular in those good ol' days. We all know full well you won't harm yourself by having sex with a menstruating woman. Although sure it might LOOK unpleasant sometimes, it's not going to defile your soul or body. I think science does have some basis in overturning some biblical "truths"

Yeah, they did some kooky stuff back then in the name of God, but to me, that just shows that the Bible was written by humans who were inherently flawed. While I believe it to have spiritual truth, I don't believe the entire text to an edict from God, even if some of the authors thought so. Ironically, many Christian fundamentalists do believe that the Bible is in fact a literal edict from God, but then when you corner them on some of the more kookier proclamations, like a woman being unclean during her menstrual cycle, they slither into some kind of justification as to why they themselves don't follow such a rule.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, they did some kooky stuff back then in the name of God, but to me, that just shows that the Bible was written by humans who were inherently flawed. While I believe it to have spiritual truth, I don't believe the entire text to an edict from God, even if some of the authors thought so. Ironically, many Christian fundamentalists do believe that the Bible is in fact a literal edict from God, but then when you corner them on some of the more kookier proclamations, like a woman being unclean during her menstrual cycle, they slither into some kind of justification as to why they themselves don't follow such a rule.

I know some groups of Hassidic Jews still practice it. The women have to go for ceremonial baths to "re-cleanse" them after their period is over :whistle: By the way, it's also against gods law to wear clothing of mixed fibres. Start burning your whole wardrobe :hehe:

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

YW....do you want me to send you that bottle of patchouli oil after all?

You better watch it steven,or i'll have to buy you an NRA membership. Then you'll have to cut your hair, ditch the birkenstocks, and have to start voting republican.

Timeline

You better watch it steven,or i'll have to buy you an NRA membership. Then you'll have to cut your hair, ditch the birkenstocks, and have to start voting republican.

Or I could go Nugent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Or I could go Nugent.

don't scare me! :blink:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Or move to Vermont, carry a concealed handgun without a license, vote Progessive, marry his boyfriend, do his hair in dreadlocks and only wear birkenstocks to formal weddings and business meetings.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I remember once a long time ago there was a rude member, "homesickamerican" or something, who laughed at me for believing in stuff like this and some of the members had my back not because they agreed with me but because that person was rude, and also annoyed everyone else. Now maybe everyone is so sick of the repeating arguments here that they don't care anymore about insulting those who might believe it.

Edited by chri'stina

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Timeline

I remember once a long time ago there was a rude member, "homesickamerican" or something, who laughed at me for believing in stuff like this and some of the members had my back not because they agreed with me but because that person was rude, and also annoyed everyone else. Now maybe everyone is so sick of the repeating arguments here that they don't care anymore about insulting those who might believe it.

I remember her. She has aspergers so she came off as rude and abrasive over just about everything. I think splitting off P & R from the OT Forum has a lot to do with it. Ironically, a lot of the people that hang out here in this forum for religion are self-professed atheists or anti-religion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The best thing about religion is that it is all BULLSH!T. Therefore, you can read the bible or Koran or whatever fairy tale that particular religion uses and then pick and choose what you like about it and go with that. There is probably even another "denomination" that basically chose the same thing for their plates at the Religion cafeteria. You can sit at their table...tax free. It really doesn't matter which part of which fairy tale you believe is true. We even have denominations for Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.

For every passage of the bible there are two or three explanations and some people that follow it and others that do not. It is all just a tax free fundraising racket.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

If they are trying for an authentic replica of the "Ark", shouldn't they be able to do it with very little in the way of money? After all, Noah and the Fam built it by themselves, using the tools of the time and acquiring their own building supplies.

Ergo, the "museum" should do it the same way. If they can't/won't, it just proves that it is an impossible task.

Don't even get me started on the "2 of EVERY animal" bit....

(BTW: Just thought I'd pop in and mess with y'all. I've been staying away from here since the Rainbow and Unicorn Brigade took over a year or so ago.)

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't even get me started on the "2 of EVERY animal" bit....

so that's where the platypus came from!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!