25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Just keep loving her and give her the room she needs and this will likely pass. ;) Flowers just because are always a nice suprise. Even better a "honey get your best dress on we are going out for a nice dinner". Really anything to just show her affection, to help her get over this. Going back for a visit and having to leave everyone behind is bound to be tough.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

I agree with everyone who said just be there for her - but let her KNOW you are there for her - in case she thinks YOU stopped talking to HER too - let her know you will leave her alone if she WANTS that - but you are also 'cuddle-city' if she needs it. SOmetimes its enough to know the other person is willing to be whatever you need when you feel down - sometimes it says 'I love you' more than words can.

Maybe get someone to write it IN RUSSIAN for her to read in anote - the effort you go to with that might make her feel happy that you went the extra mile to let her know; maybe also plan something she can look forward to that has an American-Russian theme - but I think you are wise to swallow your own hurt (after all she's not doing this 'to you' - its just how she feels right now) and just be her rock.

Best of luck to you both (F)

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Two points I would like to make: (if I could presume to be so forward).

1. I understand you would spend the 40k and more all over again...but the fact that you mentioned it shows you have an attitude (even if only in your subconscious) that is not correct, and you need some internal work. And don't ever mention this fact to her, it would kill her.

2. You need to recognize that the language barrier you two have is a brutal hardship...and it will destroy your relationship if it is not defeated. Couples can, and do overcome this hardship, but it takes extreme hard work. And until the work is done, she will be suffering (and you, and your kids). (And in my opinion, it's too late to ask her to do the hard work alone. She needs to make English aquisition a supreme priority in her life, and (iin my humble opinion) you should make Russian aquisition a supreme priority in your own.

Linguistically speaking, you two live on opposite sides of a mountain. If she goes to work tunneling from the other side toward you, you can't very well sit there and not tunnel toward her as well. I speak from experience, and even though the tunnels will never meet (you have to dig all the way through, and so does she) it becomes a labor of love, a joint venture, and when you've reached the other side you have something precious, precious beyond belief.

Roll up your sleeves man. The fact that she is willing to undertake this, shows she has a heart worth fighting for.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

1. I understand you would spend the 40k and more all over again...but the fact that you mentioned it shows you have an attitude (even if only in your subconscious) that is not correct, and you need some internal work. And don't ever mention this fact to her, it would kill her.

2. You need to recognize that the language barrier you two have is a brutal hardship...and it will destroy your relationship if it is not defeated. Couples can, and do overcome this hardship, but it takes extreme hard work. And until the work is done, she will be suffering (and you, and your kids). (And in my opinion, it's too late to ask her to do the hard work alone. She needs to make English aquisition a supreme priority in her life, and (iin my humble opinion) you should make Russian aquisition a supreme priority in your own.

Linguistically speaking, you two live on opposite sides of a mountain. If she goes to work tunneling from the other side toward you, you can't very well sit there and not tunnel toward her as well. I speak from experience, and even though the tunnels will never meet (you have to dig all the way through, and so does she) it becomes a labor of love, a joint venture, and when you've reached the other side you have something precious, precious beyond belief.

Roll up your sleeves man. The fact that she is willing to undertake this, shows she has a heart worth fighting for.

Very well said. :)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Very well said. :)

:yes:

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Larry,

Heres an idea...you spent 40k on her, now spend another $329 on this for her.

http://www.rosettastone.com/en/individuals...ages/english-us

Then spend another $329 on yourself for this

http://www.rosettastone.com/en/individuals/languages/russian

You can also buy pirated copies on ebay for about 1/3 the price if you are a cheapskate and dont mind pirated copies

Each of you do 2 hours a day (2 lessons) and within 3 months maybe you 2 can have a conversation.

My fiancee speaks excellent english, but im still learning her language just because i love her and I know it will mean alot to her for me to do this.

Learn the russian alphabet first...It should only take maybe 3 or 4 hours to memorize the letters and sounds and to be able to read russian

http://www.languagehelpers.com/Russian/The...anAlphabet.html

http://higbee.net/russian/index.html

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 They sent I-129F back saying form is outdated

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Nov 28, 2006 NOA2 approved

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 7, 2006 NVC sends letter saying it will be forwarded to manila in a week

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! Cant kick her out now!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Larry I really hope your wife will get to feeling better!

I had the opposite happen to me when I came back from Oregon in February after having spent 3 weeeks with my man there.

We got an apartment and furniture there together ,went and bought a car and then I had to go back to Germany.

And felt like a stranger at my own house, in my "hometown" and among my friends.........

it took me 2 1/2 MONTHS to go back to normal here........

I take it your wife is a "little older" (not trying to be ,mean but if she has Grandchildren she can't be in her 20ies or 30ies.).

I believe the more time you have had in your Home Country,and the more ties you have there,naturally the more you'll be "hurt" when you go to visit your Country and loved ones and have to leave again.No matter how happy you might be with your Spouse in the USA.

Give her some time and show her you understand how she's feeling.

Get her to do some stuff,like going out.

And try to get in touch with some Russian women her age,invite them over.Let them craete a support group (for lack of better word).Like a Russian Evening once a months,with their food and music,maybe even their traditional clothing......Just things that'll show her that she's not alone and that she can still kinda live her Russian personality/ heritage.

Good Luck and all the best for you two!!!!!!!!!

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Larry she is very homesick and to be honest there is proberly not alot you can do to comfort her right now, She needs her space to sort her feelings out, but be assured she obviously loves you very much or she would not of returned from Russia

Just be yourself and treat her just how have always treated her, and when she is ready she will communicate with you

Once she is back to feeling more secure and happy , then take her out for a nice meal etc

Lynny

Nov 11th 2003 sent i29f form to VSC

Nov 18th 2003 received NOA 1

Jan 17th 2004 NOA 2

Feb 6th 2004 received package 3

March 11th 2004 recieved package 4

April 7th 2004 interview in Sydney

April 7th 2004 VISA GRANTED

April 27th 2004 Arrive in Boston 8.30pm

may 29th 2004 WEDDING DAY

May 11th 2004 applied for SSN

May 17th received SSN card

June 12th 2004 applied for AOS EAD AP

July 7th 2004 NOA received for AOS EAD

August 3rd 2004 Biometrics appt in Rhode Island

EAD approved online Aug 3rd 2004

EAD card arrived in the Mail Aug 9th 2004

started working 13th September 2004

applied for renewal of EAD May 9th 2005

bio appt for EAD renewal June 10th 2005 in Boston

July 6th renewal EAD approved

July 12th 2005 renewal EAD arrived in the mail

Sept 12th AOS suspended until FBI fingerprints are done

Sept 17th FBI fingerprint appt

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview

Oct 14th 2005 AOS interview success

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Larry -- I think you are doing the right thing by being concerned and trying to communicate with her. Learning Russian will certainly help you in the long run -- keep trying to talk to her using whatever medium you have been and things will settle down in a bit. Keep us posted as to what happens after "10 days", OK?

Cheers,

KP

I-129F TRACK

2006-02-27: I-129 Sent

2006-03-02: NOA1

2006-07-24: NOA2

2006-07-31: Case received by NVC

2006-08-01: Case leaves NVC to New Delhi Consulate via DHL

2006-08-04: Case received by New Delhi Consulate

2006-08-08: Packet 3 mailed out by consulate

2006-08-17: DS-230 Part I couriered to consulate

2006-08-23: Got interview date (email and telephone confirmation)

2006-08-28: Picked-up packet 4 from the consulate, counter 16 (between 2 PM and 3 PM)

2006-09-20: Interview Date (VISA Approved!!!)

2006-09-23: Picked up Passport with VISA from Blue Dot courier office (VFS did not hold it)

2006-09-27: Reached Home!!! (POE Chicago)

I-130 TRACK

2006-02-08: I-130 Sent

2006-02-27: NOA1

2006-05-03: NOA2 (Approved)

2006-06-12: Received and entered into NVC system

2006-07-08: Self Generated DS-3032 and sent to NVC

2006-07-08: Received I-864 bill from attorney

2006-07-11: Paid I-864 bill

2006-07-12: Received IV bill

2006-07-17: Receive I-864 package

2006-07-19: Send back I-864 package

2006-07-19: Pay IV bill (was out on vacation)

2006-07-31: Sent in self-generated DS-230 (after NVC was ready)

2006-08-03: Case being reviewed by NVC (per operator)

2006-09-12: Case sent to New Delhi Consulate

2006-10-04: Emailed Consulate and got Original Interview Date (10/20/06) posponed to April 2007

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Just keep doing I am sure everything you are doing for her is not going unnotice.... Good Luck in everything

Jatin & Christina

15 Sep 07- Met on Internet at ChristianChat

27 Apr 2005- Met Face to face first time in India

27 Aug 2005- Got Engaged with my darling Jatin

27 Mar 2006- Filed I-129F Petition form sent to USCIS in California

24 Jul 2006-Recieved I-797 NOA Approval

10 Aug 2006- Recieved Packet-3

14 Aug 2006- Received Passport Clearance Certificate

24 Aug 2006- Recieved Birth Non-Availability Certificate from MNC,Agra & Police Certificate

30 Aug 2006- Handover DS-230 Part-1 with Checklist to US Embassy,New Delhi

08 Sept 2006- Recieved Packet 4 with Interview Appointment Letter

18 Sept 2006- In New Delhi for Medical Test

25 Sept 2006- Recieved Medical Report

28 Sept 2006- Handover I-129F form & documents to VFS Office,New Delhi

12 Oct 2006- Interview Time

12 Oct 2006- Interivew awesome,Embassy holded my Visa due to unable to show the I-134 Affidavit of Support

19 Oct 2006- Handed Over the I-134 Affidavit of Support to VFS Office,New Delhi

01 Nov 2006- Visa been Issued wooohooooo

14 Nov 2006- Recieved Passport with K1 Visa and a Sealed Envelope

23 Nov 2006- POE Chicago..way easy..asked easy questions, boarded the flight for Phoenix to meet me lol!!

07 Dec 2006- Applied for SSN

21 Dec 2006- Recieved the SSN

16 Dec 2006- Got Married with my Jatin woooohoooooo!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.