jasoncerri

new w/ some general questions

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm new here and so far have found the site extremely helpful. I have some general questions and not sure the answers. Any help or reference is greatly appreciated.

1) In filling out the G-325a. Where I live now (present address) is not where I want the corresponding info sent. I am in an apartment and moving soon, but my parents' house is nearby and would much rather have all info sent to their house (a more permanent address). How do I make that clear to them. Also, in the same area, in the address section on the 129F, in Part A, would I fill out my present address or use my parent's address?

2) The passport photos I need to send with the packet. Do those need to be the same photo that is currently in my US passport? Or do I just go get the photos taken soon and use those?

3) Lastly, on 325a, where they ask about employment for the last 5 years. Should we put in any gaps in employment? I have about an 11 month gap in employment. At this time I was traveling abroad and actually met my fiance as luck would have it. :D Do I need to put anything to explain the gap, or just go on to the next job?

Okay, I think that's it for now. Thank you for any help you can give.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

1) In filling out the G-325a. Where I live now (present address) is not where I want the corresponding info sent. I am in an apartment and moving soon, but my parents' house is nearby and would much rather have all info sent to their house (a more permanent address). How do I make that clear to them. Also, in the same area, in the address section on the 129F, in Part A, would I fill out my present address or use my parent's address?

Just use your parent's address. Many people do this when their address is going to change during the process.

2) The passport photos I need to send with the packet. Do those need to be the same photo that is currently in my US passport? Or do I just go get the photos taken soon and use those?

New photos. The instructions are specific. The photos should be taken within 30 days of submitting the petition. To be honest, they won't know if the photos were not taken within 30 days, but they want to know what you look like now.

3) Lastly, on 325a, where they ask about employment for the last 5 years. Should we put in any gaps in employment? I have about an 11 month gap in employment. At this time I was traveling abroad and actually met my fiance as luck would have it. :D Do I need to put anything to explain the gap, or just go on to the next job?

Periods of unemployment should be accounted for.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Just use your parent's address. Many people do this when their address is going to change during the process.

I am in the same situation, I am registered at my father's place but want the information sent somewhere else...so it's ok to put another address in the "present address" box than the address that I'm registered at and which is also listed in my passport?

K1 Visa Timeline
01-12-2011 Sent out I-129F packet to Lewisville, TX, via Fedex
01-18-2011 NOA1
01-24-2011 NOA1 hard copy received in the mail [dated 01-18-2011]
05-12-2011 NOA2 (approved in 114 days)
05-18-2011 NVC received, new case number assigned
05-20-2011 NVC left
06-01-2011 Embassy received
06-06-2011 Packet 3 sent
06-10-2011 Packet 4 received
07-21-2011 Interview at 9:30am - APPROVED!!
07-29-2011 Visa in hand
10-02-2011 Wedding

AOS Timeline
10-04-2011 Sent out AOS, EAD and AP application via UPS Overnight to Chicago, IL
10-05-2011 AOS application delivered @ 9:22am
10-07-2011 E-Notification via Email and Text @ 5:37pm for AOS, EAD and AP
10-26-2011 Biometrics Appointment
10-31-2011 AOS transferred to CSC
12-06-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - GC approved!!!!!!! (in 63 days)
12-07-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - EAD and AP approved (in 64 days)
12-12-2011 GREEN CARD rec'vd in mail!!!

Removing Conditions Timeline

10-19-2013 Sent out I-751 petition via USPS Priority Express

10-21-2013 I-751 petition delivered @ 12:12pm

10-25-2013 NOA received in the mail [dated 10-22-2013]

11-22-2013 Case transferred to CSC

02-05-2014 Card production ordered

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am in the same situation, I am registered at my father's place but want the information sent somewhere else...so it's ok to put another address in the "present address" box than the address that I'm registered at and which is also listed in my passport?

In the US we don't register our address with the government as a matter of general policy.

What I would do in the OP's situation is fill out the G325a accurately as to physical address but use the parents' address on the I-129F. I would then put a sentence explaining he's using the parents' address for mail because he plans to move. This gets the biographical information correct and prevents any possible misrepresentation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

"Registered"? I've never heard of having to "register" your address in the US unless you're an immigrant or visitor. :blink:

Anyway, yes, you can list the address where you wish to receive correspondence. There have been plenty of K1 petitioners on VJ who have submitted petitions while they were living outside the US, but they provided the address of a family member living in the US for delivery of correspondence, and it wasn't a problem. Just make sure that whoever lives there will notify when you receive mail, and can forward mail to you quickly if necessary. If you get an RFE then you'll have a limited amount of time to respond, and a delay of several weeks in forwarding your mail could result in your response being late, and your petition being denied.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

In the US we don't register our address with the government as a matter of general policy.

What I would do in the OP's situation is fill out the G325a accurately as to physical address but use the parents' address on the I-129F. I would then put a sentence explaining he's using the parents' address for mail because he plans to move. This gets the biographical information correct and prevents any possible misrepresentation.

"Registered"? I've never heard of having to "register" your address in the US unless you're an immigrant or visitor. :blink:

Anyway, yes, you can list the address where you wish to receive correspondence. There have been plenty of K1 petitioners on VJ who have submitted petitions while they were living outside the US, but they provided the address of a family member living in the US for delivery of correspondence, and it wasn't a problem. Just make sure that whoever lives there will notify when you receive mail, and can forward mail to you quickly if necessary. If you get an RFE then you'll have a limited amount of time to respond, and a delay of several weeks in forwarding your mail could result in your response being late, and your petition being denied.

Sorry, I should have specified...I'm the beneficiary, and in Part B on the I-129f and on my G-325A my present address will be listed and I live in Germany where you have to register in the city you reside. And I thought the address in Part B on I-129f will be the address to which my Consulate will sent Package 3 after NVC send them the approved petition (assuming it will be) and I want it to be another address than my current one.

So I guess I too will fill out the address I want any documents to be sent in Part B of I-129f and my real current address on the G-325A and behind the I-129f explain on a supplemental sheet the reason for that :) Thanks!

K1 Visa Timeline
01-18-2011 NOA1
05-20-2011 NVC left
06-06-2011 Packet 3 sent
07-29-2011 Visa in hand
10-02-2011 Wedding

AOS Timeline
10-04-2011 Sent out AOS, EAD and AP application via UPS Overnight to Chicago, IL
12-07-2011 E-Notifications via Email and Text - EAD and AP approved (in 64 days)

Filed: Other Timeline

Rebellious Heart:

So you don't want your daddy to know that you're getting married to a foreigner and moving thousands of miles away to a distant continent?

:innocent:

Sympathy aside, I don't think any US Government agency nor any US consulate in Germany will perform a cross check of mailing address and Melderegister. They'll send the package to the address you provided and assume you will receive it. Period.

If being asked about this "discrepancy" at the interview, it's easy to explain why you chose a different mailing address, I'd think.

:o

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Rebellious Heart:

So you don't want your daddy to know that you're getting married to a foreigner and moving thousands of miles away to a distant continent?

:innocent:

Sympathy aside, I don't think any US Government agency nor any US consulate in Germany will perform a cross check of mailing address and Melderegister. They'll send the package to the address you provided and assume you will receive it. Period.

If being asked about this "discrepancy" at the interview, it's easy to explain why you chose a different mailing address, I'd think.

:o

Haha, no that's not it! He knows and supports me but I'm only registered at his place as primary residence for college purposes and my secondary residence, where I live, is actually somewhere else. So I'm only there once or twice a week and since my dad is a totally unorganized individual I don't trust him with something important as visa documents :P I'd rather have it delivered to my place and not risk it getting lost in his mail!

I think I'll put the mailing address on the I-129f like I said (I suppose that's the one the foreign consulate will use? Anyone know?) and my registered address on the G-325 and just explain on a supplemental sheet. You're probably correct that they don't even check it but I don't want to risk anything or provide false information, even if it's a minor detail.

Or do you think I should only use my mailing address as it is also registered in the Melderegister as my secondary residence (zweiter Wohnsitz) and IF asked explain? I just don't want to get into any trouble omitting information..

Edited by rebelliousheart

K1 Visa Timeline
01-18-2011 NOA1
05-20-2011 NVC left
06-06-2011 Packet 3 sent
07-29-2011 Visa in hand
10-02-2011 Wedding

AOS Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.