chinausa

please be concern about the papers!!

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's great to try and be environmentally conscious during this process, however, I have to 100% agree with Gary on this matter. I printed at least an entire package of printer paper for the K-1. After I had the whole package together I made 4 copies of it. One for my fiance, one for me, one that was mailed off to be processed, and one that stayed with me, but went to relatives home. God forbid the government lose the paperwork and someone has a house fire, or a break in...

In this case I prefer the "It's better to be safe than sorry" mentality.

at any rate...trees options in life are limited. They can gro up to be furniture, floors, wall studs, musical instruments, gunstocks or paper. OR they can grow up, die, rot and fall over, eventually convert to fossil fuel and be burned to pollute the atmosphere. Like people...for tress there is no getting out of it alive! If I were a tree I would prefer to be a piano or a gunstock, but if I had to be paper, I want to be someone's fiance(e)/spouse visa application!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If I were a tree I would prefer to be a piano or a gunstock, but if I had to be paper, I want to be someone's fiance(e)/spouse visa application!

LOL!

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I printed out everything, had 20lbs of paper on the plane, took it to the interview and it was never looked at or asked for?? I know I killed at least 1 tree.....

FYI -

Interview / VISA approval November 9th...

Air21 deliver passport/visa November 18...

Next stop CFO....

Jim

Still siding with the "Better Safe than Sorry" mentality. But only you can make that decision! Happy filings :).

Edited by DarlingNikki

Be Sober, Be Vigilant!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

i'm not particularly worried about the enviorment vs my fiancee being with me. However sending all the docs. the first time to get approved and not having to waste paper filing all the docs. a second time is me being 'green'.

[11/01/2010] MAILED I-129F PAPERWORK USPS EXPRESS MAIL

[11/02/2010] RECEIVED 10:22A IN LEWISVILLE, TX BY K. COLTRIN

[11/05/2010] RECEIVED ELECTRONIC NOA 1 (1:14A)

[11/08/2010] RECEIVED HARD-COPY OF NOA 1 (DATED NOV. 4TH)

[11/10/2010] TOUCHED!

[11/15/2010] TOUCHED!

[04/09/2011] I-129F APPROVED (NO RFE'S YAY!!!)

[04/20/2011] NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION

[04/22/2011] NVC SENT APPROVED PETITION TO BUENOS AIRES

[07/31/2011] AFTER MUCH ADO FINALLY RECEIVED PACKET 3 (APPROX.)

[08/11/2011] CORREO ARGENTINO ACKNOWLEDGES PACKET RECIEVED BY BUENOS AIRES CONSULATE

[08/23/2011] PACKET 3 ACCEPTED BY CONSULATE INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR SEPT 6TH

[09/06/2011] INTERVIEW IN BA FOR K1 VISA. TWO QUESTION INTERVIEW.....APPROVED!!!! YAY!!!

[09/13/2011] SEALED VISA PACKET FOR ENTRY ARRIVES...IN HAND NOW!!!

[10/02/2011] POE MIAMI - IN UNITED STATES FINALLY!

[10/21/2011] OFFICIAL U.S. MARRIAGE!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Far better to print only examples of how and how frequently you communicate. Anything they keep, goes in two-hole punched file your loved one will carry back to the US when they come. One page of chat log per month or every other month is plenty, along with maybe one chat transcript or email for each month. Save the trees by using examples, not printing on both sides. They'll hate you for making them stand on their heads to read your file.

They will probably just send you an RFE for using double-sided paper without their permission and not following the guidelines. Just kidding, but you never know.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Guys,

I was printing all the phone calls history, skype chat history, msg history, I could literally make 3 books out of it.

and the situation made me concern about how much paper we are actually wasting through this process. And sadly, how many trees we're killing here?? After this process, all those paper goes to the garbage can.Have anyone thought of this?

So I'm suggesting here that please use the both side of the paper for all your phone calls history, chat history, and msg history. I'm sure that visa officers would understand that, and would actually like it because they know people like you would saving american's resource when you start living in the States.

Its not the money issue, you know, it's not like trying to save couple dollars, is just nobody likes to pay to cut those trees down to waste.

XH

Better yet, do not send any chat logs or emails, unless you are told that they are absolutely necessary. If you have good hard evidence (boarding passes, visa stamps, hotel receipts, etc) most likely you don't need to show pages of useless conversations. Besides, in my book, those are private conversations.

If you wonder about my process, it went through without a hitch and no mention of how/where/when we communicated. Less that 10 pages of evidence was enough. My whole file weighed less than 1 lbs including all the forms. Interview in Moscow and AOS interview were completed in less than 15 minutes.

As long as the hard evidence is strong, there should be no doubt in any officer's mind ... unless s/he did not sleep well and decided to screw somebody that day. But if that is the case, not even 500 pages of emails/chats will be helpful.

It is not only about trees. It is about wasted resources, including money, because those files need to travel between countries twice.

For the people who like to go overboard (and love to advise others accordingly), God Bless You! :wow:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

If you feel like 20 pounds of chat logs are the best evidence of your relationship then you should be worried.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.