웃

Anyone good at finding cheap air fare?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

Please do not say things such as "go to kayak.com" or just name a "good" site for comparisons. I have tried that and air fare is running around $800.

Need EXACT DAYS December 17 to December 24 from DETROIT (DTW) to ACAPULCO (ACA)]

The best I can do is $829, leaving DTW at 10:10 am and arriving in ACA at 8:10pm which is horrible, completely kills day 1 of 7 days travel.

Returning flight leaves at 3:17pm and arrives at 11:05pm.

In the mid 1990s flights were less than $200....In 2006 flights were $350......And these were direct 4 hour flights....leave at 6am, arrive at 10am....even a few months ago you could get flights for $500.>>>>>>>>>>####### is the problem.

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

In the mid 1990s flights were less than $200....In 2006 flights were $350......And these were direct 4 hour flights....leave at 6am, arrive at 10am....even a few months ago you could get flights for $500.>>>>>>>>>>####### is the problem.

is waiting till after thanksgiving, christmas, new year not an option at all? because trying to get 1990 prices in 2010 during the holidays, well... have you ever heard the phrase "never gonna happen my friend"?

i would love to see what a $200 Chicago to Acapulco trip would look like now... the guys from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles would have a better trip.

seriously, $800 doesnt sound bad for:

#1 holiday travel period

#2 vacation/winter destination

#3 a little last minute (book months out if you want to grab the airlines 'discounted' seats because they only set aside so many of them - i used to book 6 months out to get the cheapest forida rates, and you are traveling out of country)

#4 time of day - you are not booking 'red eye' flights now where previously (2006) you took the last one of the 'night'.

other factors:

refundable tickets vs nonrefundable

direct flights

'class' - coach, business, 1st

additional fees for bags (used to be free, now many airlines charge)

other 'additional fees' - check what is veing quoted to you in that $800+

Edited by nab

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You're trying to fly somewhere warmer for the winter. Not to mention during the holiday period. I did a quick search and the lowest I could find with the best flight plan is:

United, Flight Operated By Continental Airlines 3980Continental Airlines, Flight 711

1 Stop

Depart: 7:55 AM Detroit, MI (DTW)

Arrive: 2:22 PM Acapulco, Mexico (ACA)

Connect in: Houston

Price: $1023

Way more expensive than the one you found, but better flight times.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

There are fewer available seats now (not as many flights).

That time period is during the holidays.

Flight dates are Fridays.

All those factors are against you.

Prices will be significantly higher than several years ago.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

There are fewer available seats now (not as many flights).

That time period is during the holidays.

Flight dates are Fridays.

All those factors are against you.

Prices will be significantly higher than several years ago.

you are correct... used to be tue-thurs were cheapest days to travel and a weekend stay over made it even more cheap (IDK why though!).

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

USA3000 or Apple Vacations should be able to accomodate you.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Please do not say things such as "go to kayak.com" or just name a "good" site for comparisons. I have tried that and air fare is running around $800.

Need EXACT DAYS December 17 to December 24 from DETROIT (DTW) to ACAPULCO (ACA)]

The best I can do is $829, leaving DTW at 10:10 am and arriving in ACA at 8:10pm which is horrible, completely kills day 1 of 7 days travel.

Returning flight leaves at 3:17pm and arrives at 11:05pm.

Cheapseats.com - $598 r/t

Delta/Continental ft/1893-365

Aeromexico ft309

It sounds like you aren't working on this very hard. :bonk:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Cheapseats.com - $598 r/t

Delta/Continental ft/1893-365

Aeromexico ft309

It sounds like you aren't working on this very hard. :bonk:

:rofl: but he wants it all: direct flight, shorter flight, for cheap... can get those first two, but it wont be cheap.

that delta/aeromexico ($578) would be rough at 12hrs 15min and 2 stops plus note the extra fees jack it up to $714

the United/Continental wouldnt be too bad for $668 for 1 stop, at 7hrs 27min, and it is business/1st class but after fees it's $908 (extra $79 to get there 3hrs more quickly than the $829 ticket, that could be worth it if time is money)

the $829 ticket is 10hr and 8hr flights, are they are direct flights ... i dont see that on original post

:rofl: but he wants it all: direct flight, shorter flight, for cheap... can get those first two, but it wont be cheap.

that delta/aeromexico ($578) would be rough at 12hrs 15min and 2 stops

It wasn't a 12 hour flight when I looked it up on-line. :wow:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg