gabo

Visa K1 restrictions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi friends! I have maybe a silly question, but still a question! I am going on in my process of visa K1 to bring my fiance to USA, we are in the part where she needs to gets all the paperwork for her interview on the consulate in her country.

The thing is that i was planing to go and visit her in the next couple of weeks. But i am not sure if there is any kind of restrictions about seeing each other at this part of the process, i think i read something on a web page about it, but now i am not sure.

If anyone can give me an answer i'll be really gratefull.

Thank you guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I don't think you can't visit her in her country. The only impediment I could think of that would remotely be any similar to the one you mention is not being with her at the interview at the consulate or embassy, as some will not allow the USC in the office where it's held.

Good luck with the interview! :)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

If you are the US citizen, as stated, enjoy your visit. This has zero negative impact on your petition. In fact, it will be beneficial to your case.

For clarification, if the visitor were Visa Waiver Program (VWP) visiting the US/beneficiary, that may present problems. As immigration may assume another agenda.

In the scenario you outlined, no worries. Enjoy your visit. :thumbs:

Hi friends! I have maybe a silly question, but still a question! I am going on in my process of visa K1 to bring my fiance to USA, we are in the part where she needs to gets all the paperwork for her interview on the consulate in her country.

The thing is that i was planing to go and visit her in the next couple of weeks. But i am not sure if there is any kind of restrictions about seeing each other at this part of the process, i think i read something on a web page about it, but now i am not sure.

If anyone can give me an answer i'll be really gratefull.

Thank you guys!

Thank you guys! As you say William, i figured that going with her to the consulate will be forbiden, but i was not planing to go there anyway =)

I just want it to go and see her before she goes to the interview to wish luck and spend some time together, but i was not sure if it would interfere with the process.

I'll definetely enjoy my trip in a couple of weeks, thanks again guys!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

this is so nice of you thinking about all different possibilities. But for you it is totally fine to visit her. She is just not allowed to enter the US while applying for the visa.

Good luck to both of you.

v34h.jpg

LhJUm4.png

pf2Rm4.png

7gOjm4.png?2CQ9jiXQ

Met on October 18, 1996 in a bar called "Calypso" in Richmond, Virginia, during my Au-Pair year

View complete Timeline:

Quick Facts:
02/23/2006 - sent I 129 to VSC (first step done!) 07/13/2006 - received Visa!
09/22/2006 - civil marriage in New York City
10/05/2006 - sent AOS papers to VSC
12/11/2006 - Welcome Letter and GREEN CARD in Mail!!!!!! Lets' party!!!!!
09/24/2008 - sent Removal of conditions package to VSC
07/02/2009 - received 10 year Green Card! YEAH!!!!! Finally!
2014 - Citizenship

Hey guys, i want to thank you all for the advices. I was a little worried about going there.

Now, i am definitely traveling to Venezuela, but her interview is going to be on September 28, and i think i am gonna be there still, of course i won't be at the consulate with her, but i'll be in the same country. You guys think this wont have any negative effects?

Plus, can someone explain me what's the Timeline?

Now, i am definitely traveling to Venezuela, but her interview is going to be on September 28, and i think i am gonna be there still, of course i won't be at the consulate with her, but i'll be in the same country. You guys think this wont have any negative effects?

Find an outdoor cafe across the street from the consulate where you can wait and watch the door for your fiance to emerge! Hve a wonderful visit. I'm sure she is going to love having you there as support at this time. My fiance is already worrying about the interview. He feels so much pressure to "pass" !

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
Hey guys, i want to thank you all for the advices. I was a little worried about going there.

Of Course you will be allowed to be with her at the interview, seven months ago my then fiance was next to me at the Consulate window but no question were asked to him, just bring your american passport and you will be in!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Of Course you will be allowed to be with her at the interview, seven months ago my then fiance was next to me at the Consulate window but no question were asked to him, just bring your american passport and you will be in!

I'm only speaking from memory, but there are some consulates/embassies that do not allow the USC in the interview room.

OP: What do you mean by "What's the timeline?"?

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Of course you can go and visit her! You're the USC so you can go anywhere you want... you just probably can't go to her inteview with her because most consulates won't let the USC in. Have a good visit...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Go in your profile, there up in right is "My assistant", and then chose "edit, add my timeline".

07/29/2006 – I-129 sent to Vermont

08/04/2006 - NOA1

08/28/2006 - NOA2 - approved

09/01/2006 - NVC - approved

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

09/18/2006 - packet 3 sent (Nothing fails)

09/27 - received packet 4

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

11/7 - arrived in USA, POE YFK

1/19 - Married

02/23/2007 - Civil Surgeon (checked just vaccines for $ 25)

05/04/2007 - AOS package sent to Chicago

05/11/2007 - NOA1

05/15/2007 - NOA2 - ASC appointment letter about biometrics

05/24/2007 - RFE about tax forms w-2 and 1099!!!

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

21/06/2007 - NOA3 - Transfered to California

10/07/2007 - AOS approved, card production ordered!!!

19/07/2007 - Half year marriage anniversary - GC arrives!!!

07/08/2009 - Package sent (My cover letter 40 peaces of evidence)

07/14/2009 - check was cashed

07/10/2009 - NOA 1 received, GK extended for a year

07/17/2009 - received biometrics letter with my case number

08/06/2009 - scheduled biometrics appointment

11/16/2009 - approval

12/01/2009 - touched - card production ordered

2/26/2010 - got ten year card

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Ne mirkli Tu neesi atstājis manas domas,

Tā, ka manas domas aizmirsa pat aizmirstību.

Mīļotais ir ienācis manā teltī,

Un mana sirds ir mulsas pārņemta.

Hi there!!

I am venezuelan and know other american-venezuelan couples as well. In The Unites States Embassy of Caracas, it is allowed to go with the fiancee to the interview. As Carola told you, just bring the Embassy appointment letter and your passport and you are in! I even believe that they like the fiance to be present.

Tips for interview:

Arrive at 7:00 a.m. maximum

Go to the benches located near the bathrooms, don't do the loooooonnnggggg line for non-immigrants. K1 are treated like immigrants. So, at 8:00 aprox, a guy will call to form another line and those benches are the closest ones to that door. The first one in line, first one interviewed and you finish very quick!

Remember to bring the money in cash and the other amount for DOMESA (the delivery company). You can even speed up the delivery of the passport to pick it up directly at Domesa's office in Caracas (we stayed in Caracas, and we pick mine in 2 days instead of waiting for the 7 days that takes to delivery to my state).

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We have a post called "gente de Venezuela", normally we write in spanish, but we can do it in english as well. We love helping other venezuelans going through this process!

Hope this helps!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.