jrodriguez

November 2010 Filers

1,105 posts in this topic

Hi esoj,

1. I have to go for second biometric as well because fbi unable to read my fingerprints. I had it done today. Try to minise touching water and use lots of handcream. It helps to make the fingerprints much clearer. Do it asap and everyday.

2. I too from tourist visa. Didn't apply for extension because I got married to usc. So I applied for I-130 instead together with the AOS. My I-94 also expired end of march.

3.I can't answer this question because I have no idea myself.

4. I am not sure. Maybe somebody else can answer for u.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much Tenshiswife,

So I'm not alone. Thank goodness. I mean you gave me hope. :D If you don't mind I have some follow up questions.

1. So you did the walk-in! Mine was scheduled on Jan 14. When was supposedly yours? Did they ask you why you went prior to the sched? I can try to go there tomorrow if that's the case.

I'll do the handcream starting now. yup maybe that the case. My hands were too dry. I also washed my hands before the fingerprinting.

2. What do you mean usc?- U.S. Citizen? Do you still have a reference where we can show the immigration officer in case I am questioned of expired I-94. Some of the people advised me to apply for the extension and even ask an attorney to file for it.

Hope to hear from you again. Thank you

We did a walk in for the Biometrics at 10am this morning.. The guy told me in 13 years he's been there they have never done a early walk in, if I missed my appointment and was doing a reschedule, they would.. I explained I called and they said I could ( a lil fib ). I also said I was there to ask why my 4 year old would need it.. He said the 4 yr old would get the photo and one finger printed.. So all in all it went really smooth and fast.. Went out to the stores to do the Christmas exchange thing with the family, and got home at 3pm. I got the mail and in it was the Biometric letters for the EAD scheduled for a week after the AOS appointment.. Rustled up the family, through them back in the car, raced done to the support center and they laughed, and took us in again and took care of it!!!

I took 2 to 3 weeks off the wait time and now the wait continues !!

I still haven't been able to get the website to accept our case numbers to check for touches, just keep getting message there is no such case on record.. Will continue trying though..

Hi there, just wanted to clear. You were sent two letters for biometrics, each for AOS and the other for EAD? I was scheduled for biometrics for EAD and I-485 last 12/13 then 2 weeks after I received a letter saying FBI cannot read my fingreprints. I am scheduled on 1/14 for biometrics for I-485.

Would this be delaying the processing of our AOS? Until when is your family allowed to stay in the US?

Thank you very much Tenshiswife,

So I'm not alone. Thank goodness. I mean you gave me hope. :D If you don't mind I have some follow up questions.

1. So you did the walk-in! Mine was scheduled on Jan 14. When was supposedly yours? Did they ask you why you went prior to the sched? I can try to go there tomorrow if that's the case.

I'll do the handcream starting now. yup maybe that the case. My hands were too dry. I also washed my hands before the fingerprinting.

2. What do you mean usc?- U.S. Citizen? Do you still have a reference where we can show the immigration officer in case I am questioned of expired I-94. Some of the people advised me to apply for the extension and even ask an attorney to file for it.

Hope to hear from you again. Thank you

Hi esoj,

1. I didn't do the walk in. My second biometric was scheduled by uscis on 29 dec. I received it about 2 weeks ago. I choose not to walk in so I can have enough time to take care of my hands. I use vitamin e oil and then hand cream. At night I even put bandage on all my fingers. In a weeks time, my fingers are much better and my biometric was smooth all being captured perfectly. If u want to do the walk in, u can try call the local office and check with them. 2. Yup. Usc = u.s citizen.I don't have any reference to explain my expired I-94. The only thing close to that probably is my marriage certificate that dated 2 weeks before my I-94 expiry date. Are u too marry to usc? It is really up to u whether to hire attorney or not. As for me, I don't plan to hire any until i really needed to. (e.g they disapprove my application or something really bad) the choice is really up to u.

Adjust from B2

09 Nov 2010 - File for 130, AOS, EAD and AP (sent via USPS Delivery Confirmation)

16 Nov 2010 - NOAs 1 received via email & check was cashed)- Day 5

19 Nov 2010 - Hardcopy of NOAs 1 (AR, AOS, EAD and AP)- Day 8

23 Nov 2010 - Received Biometric App Letter (14 Dec 2010 @ 11am)- Day 12

14 Dec 2010 - Biometric App - Day 33

21 Dec 2010 - Received 2nd Biometric App - Day 40

29 Dec 2010 - 2nd Biometric App - Day 48

14 Feb 2011 - Interview App - (approved together with I-130)Day 95

19 Feb 2011 - Received GC notice via USPS (Welcome to America) - Day 100

Removing of Conditions

14 Dec 12 - Sent I 751 package

19 Dec 12 - Received NOA1

22 Dec 12 - Received Biometric Apt Letter

10 Jan 13 - Biometric Apt

Hi esoj,

1. I didn't do the walk in. My second biometric was scheduled by uscis on 29 dec. I received it about 2 weeks ago. I choose not to walk in so I can have enough time to take care of my hands. I use vitamin e oil and then hand cream. At night I even put bandage on all my fingers. In a weeks time, my fingers are much better and my biometric was smooth all being captured perfectly. If u want to do the walk in, u can try call the local office and check with them. 2. Yup. Usc = u.s citizen.I don't have any reference to explain my expired I-94. The only thing close to that probably is my marriage certificate that dated 2 weeks before my I-94 expiry date. Are u too marry to usc? It is really up to u whether to hire attorney or not. As for me, I don't plan to hire any until i really needed to. (e.g they disapprove my application or something really bad) the choice is really up to u.

Yes, I'm married to a usc. he became a usc last year. but we are already married for 4 years. So being married to a Usc makes us legal to stay in the US and since we also applied for AOS right?

It was a good thing your 2nd biometrics was scheduled earlier. I just noticed the 1st biometrics was for EAD and I-485 while the 2nd biometrics is for I-485. Is it the same for you also?

Yes, I'm married to a usc. he became a usc last year. but we are already married for 4 years. So being married to a Usc makes us legal to stay in the US and since we also applied for AOS right?

It was a good thing your 2nd biometrics was scheduled earlier.I just noticed the 1st biometrics was for EAD and I-485 while the 2nd biometrics is for I-485. Is it the same for you also?

I may be wrong but as far as I understand, we don't have the legal rights to stay because we came in using tourist visa regardless we are married to usc or not because the actual route to go with this would be k1 or cr1 follow by aos like what many of them doing in this group. Tourist visa overstay will risk of deportation or ban for entering the USA for 3 years or 10 years if proven that we enter using tourist visa for immigration purpose unless we can prove that our marriage is bona fide and in the spur of the moment and there is no plan to use tourist visa with the intention of applying for green card which that was my case. I have all the supporting documents that I don't have any intention because I still have all my finances issue stuck in my country like my car, insurance, bank accounts and investment which I still yet to settle those.

My first biometric appointment letter stated that it was for both EAD and I-485 but I brought all my NOAs. When my biometric was taken it was for EAD, I-485 and AP because I show all my NOAs to the lady and she told me AP is required as well. My second biometric letter also stated the same thing. For EAD and I-485 only. But fingerprints were taken for all EAD, I-485 and AP. She stamped my NOA for AP and the biometric letter.

When they key in our information at the biometric machine, I make sure all the 3 NOAs numbers were captured. Just make sure you bring all your NOAs and your biometric letters including the first letter. Ask them if the rest needed to do the biometric or not, at least they can assure you and give u the answer you are looking for. The officers in albany, ny office was all very helpful. From security to the respective officers. That's how I know abt the handcream and also the possibility that I got to go back for second biometric when my first time was horribly messed up.

I hope you understand what I wrote here. My english is not good. I hope my experience can help u. Let's just take it one at the time and stay positive. Feel free to ask me anything. I will try my best to help whatever way I can.

Adjust from B2

09 Nov 2010 - File for 130, AOS, EAD and AP (sent via USPS Delivery Confirmation)

16 Nov 2010 - NOAs 1 received via email & check was cashed)- Day 5

19 Nov 2010 - Hardcopy of NOAs 1 (AR, AOS, EAD and AP)- Day 8

23 Nov 2010 - Received Biometric App Letter (14 Dec 2010 @ 11am)- Day 12

14 Dec 2010 - Biometric App - Day 33

21 Dec 2010 - Received 2nd Biometric App - Day 40

29 Dec 2010 - 2nd Biometric App - Day 48

14 Feb 2011 - Interview App - (approved together with I-130)Day 95

19 Feb 2011 - Received GC notice via USPS (Welcome to America) - Day 100

Removing of Conditions

14 Dec 12 - Sent I 751 package

19 Dec 12 - Received NOA1

22 Dec 12 - Received Biometric Apt Letter

10 Jan 13 - Biometric Apt

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi does anyone still waiting for biometric letter? It's been 20 days since NOA1 but I still haven't get any biometric letter :(:crying:

Our AOS Journey started:

Nov 06, 2010: CS & CQ got married in Las Vegas

Nov 26, 2010: AOS-EAD-AP package sent out

Nov 29, 2010: Package delivered at 1:12pm

Dec 10, 2010: Received text messages from USCIS regarding receipt numbers for AOS, EAD, and AP

Dec 14, 2010: Received three I-797C from mail

Dec 18, 2010: Touched

Jan 05, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (email)

Jan 10, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (hardcopy)

Jan 11, 2011: Sent response to RFE for I-485 (Fedex/UPS do not deliver to PO Box. Only USPS does and it takes 2 days even for Express Post)

Jan 13, 2011: Response to RFE delivered

Jan 14, 2011: Touched

Jan 15, 2011: Touched

Jan 18, 2011: Received Biometric Appointment letter in mail

Jan 21, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Walk-in Successful)

Feb 10, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Originally Scheduled)

Feb 12, 2011: Received 1st text/email for EAD card in production and AP was APPROVED

Feb 17, 2011: Received 2nd text/email for EAD card in production

Feb 18, 2011: Received 3rd text/email for EAD card has been mailed out

Feb 18, 2011: Received AP!!!! YAY!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received EAD!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received letter for 2nd fingerprints :(

Mar 17, 2011: 2nd fingerprints

May 02, 2011: AOS Interview Approved!!!!!!

May 07, 2011: Received "Welcome to America" letter

May 09, 2011: Received Green Card. Yay!!!!!

as1cHvOuM2B0010MDA3MjM5cHN8NDUyOTY1c3xIYXBwaWx5IE1hcnJpZWQ.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Did any NOV filer got a touch after biometrics; or got EAD, AP approved yet?

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Blahhhhh!!!! I really want to go back Vancouver for CNY in Feb!!!!! I know AP does not need Biometric appointment. Does anyone know if they process AOS, EAD, and AP separately? :unsure: Thanks!

Our AOS Journey started:

Nov 06, 2010: CS & CQ got married in Las Vegas

Nov 26, 2010: AOS-EAD-AP package sent out

Nov 29, 2010: Package delivered at 1:12pm

Dec 10, 2010: Received text messages from USCIS regarding receipt numbers for AOS, EAD, and AP

Dec 14, 2010: Received three I-797C from mail

Dec 18, 2010: Touched

Jan 05, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (email)

Jan 10, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (hardcopy)

Jan 11, 2011: Sent response to RFE for I-485 (Fedex/UPS do not deliver to PO Box. Only USPS does and it takes 2 days even for Express Post)

Jan 13, 2011: Response to RFE delivered

Jan 14, 2011: Touched

Jan 15, 2011: Touched

Jan 18, 2011: Received Biometric Appointment letter in mail

Jan 21, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Walk-in Successful)

Feb 10, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Originally Scheduled)

Feb 12, 2011: Received 1st text/email for EAD card in production and AP was APPROVED

Feb 17, 2011: Received 2nd text/email for EAD card in production

Feb 18, 2011: Received 3rd text/email for EAD card has been mailed out

Feb 18, 2011: Received AP!!!! YAY!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received EAD!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received letter for 2nd fingerprints :(

Mar 17, 2011: 2nd fingerprints

May 02, 2011: AOS Interview Approved!!!!!!

May 07, 2011: Received "Welcome to America" letter

May 09, 2011: Received Green Card. Yay!!!!!

as1cHvOuM2B0010MDA3MjM5cHN8NDUyOTY1c3xIYXBwaWx5IE1hcnJpZWQ.gif

I may be wrong but as far as I understand, we don't have the legal rights to stay because we came in using tourist visa regardless we are married to usc or not because the actual route to go with this would be k1 or cr1 follow by aos like what many of them doing in this group. Tourist visa overstay will risk of deportation or ban for entering the USA for 3 years or 10 years if proven that we enter using tourist visa for immigration purpose unless we can prove that our marriage is bona fide and in the spur of the moment and there is no plan to use tourist visa with the intention of applying for green card which that was my case. I have all the supporting documents that I don't have any intention because I still have all my finances issue stuck in my country like my car, insurance, bank accounts and investment which I still yet to settle those.

My first biometric appointment letter stated that it was for both EAD and I-485 but I brought all my NOAs. When my biometric was taken it was for EAD, I-485 and AP because I show all my NOAs to the lady and she told me AP is required as well. My second biometric letter also stated the same thing. For EAD and I-485 only. But fingerprints were taken for all EAD, I-485 and AP. She stamped my NOA for AP and the biometric letter.

When they key in our information at the biometric machine, I make sure all the 3 NOAs numbers were captured. Just make sure you bring all your NOAs and your biometric letters including the first letter. Ask them if the rest needed to do the biometric or not, at least they can assure you and give u the answer you are looking for. The officers in albany, ny office was all very helpful. From security to the respective officers. That's how I know abt the handcream and also the possibility that I got to go back for second biometric when my first time was horribly messed up.

I hope you understand what I wrote here. My english is not good. I hope my experience can help u. Let's just take it one at the time and stay positive. Feel free to ask me anything. I will try my best to help whatever way I can.

Yes, you are right that they have a right to question. I'll try to call the office here to ask them bout the fingerprinting. i only brought my biometric letter. I'll just bring all my NOA on my appointment. Thanks. I post some info in case I get some info on the extension too. Thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi there, just wanted to clear. You were sent two letters for biometrics, each for AOS and the other for EAD? I was scheduled for biometrics for EAD and I-485 last 12/13 then 2 weeks after I received a letter saying FBI cannot read my fingreprints. I am scheduled on 1/14 for biometrics for I-485.

Would this be delaying the processing of our AOS? Until when is your family allowed to stay in the US?

We were sent separate letters for biometrics. First letter received was for AOS biometrics, and the second 1 or 2 weeks later was for the EAD.

Yes having to do your biometrics again would be a delay, since nothing happens until the FBI does the background report from the information gotten at the biometrics appointment.

My family can stay indefinitely w/out the green cards, because I married her. However, no green card, no EAD, no SS numbers, no benefits, no licence, etc.. My family DOES have tax numbers from the IRS, but not all agencies recognize the numbers and is of little help.

K-1 Timeline

1-19-'08: I-129F Mailed to VSC

1-20-'08: I-129F Received VSC

1-24-'08: Check Cashed

1-25-'08: NOA 1 Received

3-13-'08: NOA 2

3-17-'08: NVC Received Package

3-31-'08: Embassy sends package 3

4-29-'08: Medical

5-07-'08: Date of Interview

5-15-'08: Visa Approved

5-27-'08: Arrived POE Miami

8-24-'08: Married

AOS Timeline

11-18-'10: AOS Mailed

11-22-'10: AOS Received Chicago, Sign for by S. Bush

12-07-'10: AOS Checks Cashed

12-11-'10: AOS NOA1 Hard Copy Received

12-19-'10: AOS Received Biometrics Letter

12-27-'10: AOS Walked In Biometrics For Both 495 & EAD

01-06-'11: AOS Biometrics Appointment

01-11-'11: EAD Biometrics Appointment

02-11-'11: EAD Notification : On February 11, 2011

03-29-'11: AOS Notification : On March 29, 2011, mailed appointment notice for interview for May 4, 2011

WpEJ.jpgWpEJm5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

No touch since 11/15. Bio done on 12/8. Lots don't haven't had any touches. Couple here have had their EAD ordered already even though biometrics done later. Just random.

~Our AOS Timeline~

2010-Nov-01 Packet submitted (AOS, EAD, AP)

2010-11-03 USPS delivered

2010-11-08 E-notifications received w/ receipt numbers. Check cashed.

2010-11-12 Received NOAs

2010-11-18 Received biometrics appointment letter (12/08 08:00)

2010-12-08 Biometrics completed

2011-01-08 Rec'd NOA for I-485 interview appointment (02/23 10:30)

2011-01-14 Rec'd E-notices for both AP/EAD: AP approved & EAD in production.

2011-01-18 Rec'd E-notices: EAD approved (? was in production stage before)

2011-01-18 Received I-512L AP documents! (postmrkd 1/12)

2011-01-20 Received EAD card! (postmrkd 1/14)

2011-02-23 AOS Interview - APPROVED!

2011-03-03 Received wife's Permanent Resident Card~

2012-11-23 First day we can file to remove conditions

~Our K1 Timeline~

2010-Mar-05 I-129f sent

2010-03-16 NOA1

2010-05-12 NOA2

2010-05-20 @ NVC

2010-05-25 @ Guangzhou Consulate

2010-05-27 Packet 3 Rcvd

2010-05-29 Packet 3 Sent

2010-06-17 Packet 4 mailed out according to DOS

2010-06-24 Fiancee rec'd P4

2010-07-22 Medical exam

2010-07-26 Interview (Pink!)

2010-07-29 VISA via EMS (Happy day!)

2010-08-30 Trip to China, traditional ceremony, unofficial

2010-09-17 POE

2010-09-20 Married! :)

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I think that part of the reasson a lot of our files havent been touched latley is because all offices were closed for Christmas and I also found out that alot of uscis employees took off this week up until Monday since its the end of the year people have to use up their vacation time I think part of the reasso

11/09/2010- Sent out I485, I-130, I-765 Applications Chicago Office11/14/2010- USCIS recieved my applications11/18/2010- Received Receipts11/29/2010- Received my biometrics appointment scheduled for 12/17/201012/17/2010- Biometrics Done01/07/2011- Interview Scheduled for Feb 7th.01/21/2011- Received Email saying EAD card production01/26/2011- Received Email again saying EAD card production01/31/2011- Received EAD Card in the Mail02/07/2011- AOS Interview - Green Card Approved!!!!02/08/2011- Received Email Card/Document Production11/30/2012- Mailed out I-75112/07/2012- Received NOA12/11/2012- Received Biometric Appointment letter

12/28/2012- Biometric Appointment

05/28/2013 - Approval Letter Recieved

06/19/13- 10 Year Green Card Recieved !!!! :)

04/25/2014- Mailed out N-400 Application

05/02/2014 - Recieved email from USCIS

05/05/2014-NOA Letter

05/23/2014- Biometrics Appointment

05/28/2014- Text/Email notification In Line for Interview

07/16/2014- Text/Email Scheduled for interview

07/21/2014- Text/Email Placed in line for interview scheduling. very odd scheduled for interview and then placed back in line again

07/22/2014- Text/Email Scheduled for Interview
07/28/2014- Received interview letter
08/26/14- Interview Appointment/ Citizenship test ( APPROVED :D )

08/27/14- Scheduled for Oath Ceremony

09/16/14- Oath Ceremony :goofy::dance:

For those of you adjusting from non-family based visas (K-1 for example) there is a forum especially discussing the AOS process for adjusting from a tourist/ student/ work visa. Worth looking/ asking there for more informed answers.

Looks like early October filers are getting their EAD and APs now. These are usually processed ahead of the actual GC/ I-485. Early October also had 1 GC interview and several appointments for end January/ early Feb, so looks like November filers will start getting their EAD/APs later in January and interviews in February/ March. But hey, it's all just a guessing game!

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Im hoping to hear from USCIS about my AP this week (whishful thinking)

K1 JOURNEY
Sent I 129 F: Mid January 2010, they received it January 20th
Interview: June 21st...K1 VISA APPROVED
POE in MCO: July 22nd 2010

AOS JOURNEY
Sent AOS, EAD, AP: November 8th 2010
Delivered: November 10th
Check cashed, NOA1s received in text and email: November 16th
Touch: November 19th
Biometrics in Orlando: December 16th
Contacted congressman's office with inquiry to expedite AP: January 12th 2011
EAD approved: January 13th
EAD received: not sure, I was overseas, but I know it arrived between January 24th and 28th
AP approved - no update on USCIS; I was notified of approval by Congressman: January 13th
AP received: January 21st
Started job hunting: February 11th
Interview: March 7th @ 2.35 pm - GC APPROVED!
Received GC in mail: March 14th
ROC: December 8th 2012

ROC JOURNEY
Sent I - 751 packet: February 4th 2013
Packet delivered: Feb 6th
Check cashed: Feb 11th
NOA1 (dated 2/7/13) received: Feb 12th
Biometric appointment: March 14th

RFE dated July 15th received

RFE reply sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center: Oct 9th

GC approved, letter dated Oct 30th

h5m17p.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.