cherrylovekalbs

Sarah Palin: I'm Willing to Run for President

34 posts in this topic

If there's nobody to do it, at least give Arnold Swartzenager a shot first! At least he hasn't abandoned the state he pledged to in the first place! If she somehow ends up running the country, I might have to move back to Canada.

I think we would most likely move back to Canada too. We couldn't live in a country with this princess at the helm. She says nothing and knows nothing. I look forward to her getting puncked again ...... very often.

Funny-quotes-Daffy-Duck.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

2012: Palin v. Obama: It really is the end.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline

In all seriousness - she was the driving force behind the Republican tidal wave of this years midterms (not over yet, but we all know what's coming). The party owes her a serious shot at the nomination.

How do you figure? With all that's going on in Delaware, Nevada and her home state, she may actually be responsible for the failure to keep (Alaska) or pick-up (Delaware, Nevada) a total of 3 Senate seats. Delaware and Nevada would have been easy pick-ups and Alaska would have been a solid keep were it not for Sarah pushing the numbnuts that are now running on the GOP ticket in these states.

How do you figure? With all that's going on in Delaware, Nevada and her home state, she may actually be responsible for the failure to keep (Alaska) or pick-up (Delaware, Nevada) a total of 3 Senate seats. Delaware and Nevada would have been easy pick-ups and Alaska would have been a solid keep were it not for Sarah pushing the numbnuts that are now running on the GOP ticket in these states.

Angle is going to win. Rubio is going to win. Buck is going to win. Rand is going to win. O'Donnell and Miller are going to lose. That's 4-2. Not bad at all.

Angle is going to win. Rubio is going to win. Buck is going to win. Rand is going to win. O'Donnell and Miller are going to lose. That's 4-2. Not bad at all.

I don't see Angle making it. You're probably right on Rubio and Buck. Some miracle would have to occur for Crist to make it in FL.

I don't see Angle making it. You're probably right on Rubio and Buck. Some miracle would have to occur for Crist to make it in FL.

Nate Silver (remember him from the 2008 prez race?) gives Angle a 77.2% chance of victory.

And this is what he posted 2 days ago:

Sharron Angle, the Republican candidate in Nevada, has been improving her position in our forecast in recent days, and for the first time since the spring has better than a three-in-four chance to win her race against Harry Reid, according to the FiveThirtyEight model.

Ms. Angle’s odds improved today on the strength of a CNN poll showing her 4 points ahead of Mr. Reid. The lead, while slight, is her largest since January in a poll from a firm other than Rasmussen Reports. Moreover, CNN’s poll, unlike some others, included Nevada’s unique option for none-of-these-candidates in their poll, as well as the name of Scott Ashijan, who is running under the banner of the Tea Party on the Nevada ballot, although he lacks the support of most Tea Party affiliated groups. A separate version of CNN’s poll, which tested solely Ms. Angle and Mr. Reid, found the Republican with a slightly larger lead of 6 points, and with over 50 percent of the vote.

On the basis of the public polling, it is reasonable to consider the race as leaning toward Ms. Angle.

Nate Silver (remember him from the 2008 prez race?) gives Angle a 77.2% chance of victory.

Sharron Angle, the Republican candidate in Nevada, has been improving her position in our forecast in recent days, and for the first time since the spring has better than a three-in-four chance to win her race against Harry Reid, according to the FiveThirtyEight model.

Ms. Angle’s odds improved today on the strength of a CNN poll showing her 4 points ahead of Mr. Reid. The lead, while slight, is her largest since January in a poll from a firm other than Rasmussen Reports. Moreover, CNN’s poll, unlike some others, included Nevada’s unique option for none-of-these-candidates in their poll, as well as the name of Scott Ashijan, who is running under the banner of the Tea Party on the Nevada ballot, although he lacks the support of most Tea Party affiliated groups. A separate version of CNN’s poll, which tested solely Ms. Angle and Mr. Reid, found the Republican with a slightly larger lead of 6 points, and with over 50 percent of the vote.

On the basis of the public polling, it is reasonable to consider the race as leaning toward Ms. Angle.

If Reid loses, the people in line to replace him as the majority leader would not be as timid.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Every poll and pundit i've read regarding Reid vs. Angle is within the margin of error and nobody really say with any conviction whom they think will win. I'll flip a coin.

If O'Donnell, Miller and Angle win though, it really is despite Palin, not because of her. The republican who O'Donnell beat actually had a shot of winning the statewide election. O'Donnell is lagging 15-18% behind. Murkowski would have annhialated the democrat in Alaska. But because of Palin's medling, now Joe Miller has to contend with the democratic candidate and an Independant Murkowski. If all three win, she will be incorrectly lauded for her contribution. But if all three lose, or 2 of the 3 lose, will she be irrelavent? I will give her credit though. She's no pvssy like Mitt Romney who also endorsed O'Donnell, Miller and Angle........ the day after they actually won their primary.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

If Reid loses, the people in line to replace him as the majority leader would not be as timid.

Would that be a bad thing? I think Harry Reid is a lying, duplicitous weasel and will be very happy if and when he loses his seat in Nevada.

But having a stronger voice as Senate majority leader, be they Democrat or Republican, will be a step in the right direction. For starters, a stronger personality will be less likely to try and act as a rubber stamp for the administration, or an immovable road block. Yes, there will still be partisan disagreement, but, as in 1994, a strong voice in the Senate, and the same in Congress, led to more cooperation between the incumbent administration and both houses, not less, which, by default, meant more bipartisan initiatives.

Right now, we are in the worst case scenario. All the Republicans can do, as both Democrat-controlled houses want bipartisan involvement to pass partisan legislation, is put a roadblock up. Change stewardship of one or both Houses and, because both sides will have legislation they want to get to the President's desk for signature, the two sides will have to work together.

And maybe, just maybe, the current divisive political atmosphere will dissipate a little.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who'd vote for her. Probably quite a few right here that would never admit it.

You are exactly right, I could think of a number of contenders I would like to see nominated before PaLIN but I have to ask myself -on the numerous issues important to me and to the country...... who would vote most often as I would want?

Clearly that would be Palin rather than obama for me.

It's my hope a more broadly palatable candidate will emerge but then again..... The GOP mimics the Taliban in that, suicide is so often their battle plan.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Would that be a bad thing? I think Harry Reid is a lying, duplicitous weasel and will be very happy if and when he loses his seat in Nevada.

But having a stronger voice as Senate majority leader, be they Democrat or Republican, will be a step in the right direction. For starters, a stronger personality will be less likely to try and act as a rubber stamp for the administration, or an immovable road block. Yes, there will still be partisan disagreement, but, as in 1994, a strong voice in the Senate, and the same in Congress, led to more cooperation between the incumbent administration and both houses, not less, which, by default, meant more bipartisan initiatives.

Right now, we are in the worst case scenario. All the Republicans can do, as both Democrat-controlled houses want bipartisan involvement to pass partisan legislation, is put a roadblock up. Change stewardship of one or both Houses and, because both sides will have legislation they want to get to the President's desk for signature, the two sides will have to work together.

And maybe, just maybe, the current divisive political atmosphere will dissipate a little.

If the two sides would actually ever work together, it wouldn't really matter which party had the majority. If for once they would do what is best for the country instead of adhering to some stupid party line, progress would be ours once again. No relationship ever works without mutual compromise that both parties can live with. I want what's good for the country, not a particular party. I want to invest in America and I want America to be strong. We need to get ourselves back on track before we can help anyone else. The time is now. Complete conservatism or complete liberalism is not the answer as far as I'm concerned. A good idea is a good idea, it doesn't matter where it originates.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015