ally and moh

Family emergency here in US

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

If I am posting in the wrong forum, please move... thank you.

Tonight I received some very bad news that my grandmother has a cancerous tumor and there is little hope.

She has been very supportive of my husband and me and I really want him to be able to meet her in person (not to mention what a difficult time this is for me.)

I have a medical condition myself (lupus) that is made worse by stress, and having my husband here with me would really be a blessing right now.

Is there ANYONE I can contact to try to get our case out of AP for this situation?

We interviewed on Aug 24 and were told the case was going to Washington DC for mandatory AP. The CO said our papers were perfect and we didn't have to show them anything extra we took with us (over 30 pounds of evidence I flew to Jordan with and didn't need).

We think it is just a background check, although the embassy and DOS won't tell me for sure.

I just really need him here with me now and need to know what might be done.

Thanks and please pray for our family.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Very sorry to hear this. The only thought that I have is for you to contact the embassy with the news, and ask whether they can do anything from their end if you send them medical reports about your grandma's condition. A positive answer isn't guaranteed, but we rarely get what we don't ask for.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

If I am posting in the wrong forum, please move... thank you.

Tonight I received some very bad news that my grandmother has a cancerous tumor and there is little hope.

She has been very supportive of my husband and me and I really want him to be able to meet her in person (not to mention what a difficult time this is for me.)

I have a medical condition myself (lupus) that is made worse by stress, and having my husband here with me would really be a blessing right now.

Is there ANYONE I can contact to try to get our case out of AP for this situation?

We interviewed on Aug 24 and were told the case was going to Washington DC for mandatory AP. The CO said our papers were perfect and we didn't have to show them anything extra we took with us (over 30 pounds of evidence I flew to Jordan with and didn't need).

We think it is just a background check, although the embassy and DOS won't tell me for sure.

I just really need him here with me now and need to know what might be done.

Thanks and please pray for our family.

First of all I am sorry for your families situation. I think there is very little hope of advance travel for your spouse under these circumstances since he has no relationship with your grandmother. That said, you can ask at the consulate the worst thing that can happen is they say no.

Hopefully the AP will be over soon and he can get the opportunity to meet your grandmother before she takes a turn for the worse.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your bad news.

As the AP process is in DC, I am not sure the embassy can do anything. You could try your Senator/ congressman for help. It's election season, so they may be busy though.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your bad news.

As the AP process is in DC, I am not sure the embassy can do anything. You could try your Senator/ congressman for help. It's election season, so they may be busy though.

I have already had my senator and congressman working on our case, so I emailed the senator's office last night and got a reply this morning. They are going to inquire for us. I think it will be better if they do and not me. I pray it helps. This is a tough situation.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

AP will take as long as it will take. As your grandmother has no immediate relation to your husband, I doubt it will speed up anything. Of course, it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sorry to hear about your family troubles. Hope everything works out soon!

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.