Eric-Pris

Advanced search?

11 posts in this topic

I haven't been to the forum much in the past year or so when it was upgraded, and I can't find the Search function where you can choose which forum and/or subforums to search in and whether to show results as posts or topics.

Thanks

Look up to your right, just underneath the banner: View New Content Popular Topics Advanced Search

I haven't been to the forum much in the past year or so when it was upgraded, and I can't find the Search function where you can choose which forum and/or subforums to search in and whether to show results as posts or topics.

Thanks

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Look up to your right, just underneath the banner: View New Content Popular Topics Advanced Search

Thanks. I've seen that. This search doesn't allow you to limit your search to any particular forum/subforum. It looks like it's a forum wide search.

Maybe this type of search isn't available in the new version. Newer isn't always better I guess.

Thanks. I've seen that. This search doesn't allow you to limit your search to any particular forum/subforum. It looks like it's a forum wide search.

Maybe this type of search isn't available in the new version. Newer isn't always better I guess.

It does let you specify sub-forums etc.! And it does let you choose posts/topics.

:huh:

haha I tried to post a screenshot but it didn't work; had no idea that the link still showed up in the post! weird!

Anyhow for the OP, here is proof of continued searching abilities:

post-92523-095596600 1286921838_thumb.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

It should allow filtering by forum :). Please check there and do a hard browser refresh if needed to clear any old files you may have.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

It should allow filtering by forum :). Please check there and do a hard browser refresh if needed to clear any old files you may have.

Ok, now I can see the filtering. I guess I had old temp files or cookies cached to the old version still. Thanks to both for your help.

The advanced search works fine on my home computer, but not on my work computer it still looks like this (see below).

I use IE8 at home, but IE7 on my works computer. I can't upgrade to IE8 at work, the company doesn't support it yet.

post-29804-025841400 1286993231_thumb.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

very odd indeed. I will test on ie7 later.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 3 weeks later...
very odd indeed. I will test on ie7 later.
I'm getting the sub-forums on IE7 now, THANKS. Edited by Eric-Pris