Obama 2012

Don't Say The Word "Gay" In Fun, Or You Might Be Labeled An Evil Bigot!!

109 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

And you can get back to me when you can grasp basic concepts like comprehension, reading, and how to make a point.

I was making a point, but it fell on dear ears because of the way you view homosexuals. I wasn't giving you the answer you ultimately wanted because I don't view them in the same light. I've explained the term "gay" several times in this thread, to which doesn't meet your satisfaction and meaning of context.

Just because a word is associated in a negative way, doesn't make it a slap in the face to a certain group of people. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. By this logic, everything the word #### is used in a negative way, then you are insulting a type of mule, which is not the case.

"Gay" as a word is a bastardized word in many ways. Use the word "**" over in Scotland (and other areas), and it has its own meanings as well. Except atleast ** is inherently a 'dirty' word in many people's eyes as is.

To associate using a term though in the context of something that is standard use with no ill intentions as an attack and a bigoted remark is beyond absurd and is beyond reality.

Not everything is as black and white as you want to make it out to be.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Timeline

So tell us how you view them. Don't mince words.

if you'd been keeping up and read, you'd already know. ;)

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was making a point, but it fell on dear ears because of the way you view homosexuals. I wasn't giving you the answer you ultimately wanted because I don't view them in the same light. I've explained the term "gay" several times in this thread, to which doesn't meet your satisfaction and meaning of context.

Just because a word is associated in a negative way, doesn't make it a slap in the face to a certain group of people. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. By this logic, everything the word #### is used in a negative way, then you are insulting a type of mule, which is not the case.

"Gay" as a word is a bastardized word in many ways. Use the word "**" over in Scotland (and other areas), and it has its own meanings as well. Except atleast ** is inherently a 'dirty' word in many people's eyes as is.

To associate using a term though in the context of something that is standard use with no ill intentions as an attack and a bigoted remark is beyond absurd and is beyond reality.

The popular meaning of "gay" as an adjective is inherently biased. You can go around the houses as much as you like but you can't change the meaning of words just to legitimise your use of them.

Timeline

Paul, do you seriously think someone who tells a joke about 9/11 jumpers is dealing with anything?

depends on the individual. Some people find the situation on video humorous. Some people find it sad. Some people find it angering. Some people refuse to believe it even happened....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

The popular meaning of "gay" as an adjective is inherently biased. You can go around the houses as much as you like but you can't change the meaning of words just to legitimise your use of them.

the homosexual slang meaning of the word 'gay' is an urban dictionary definition that became popular like many other 'slang' terms and caught on..... Doesn't change the original meaning of the word 'gay' though.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

the homosexual slang meaning of the word 'gay' is an urban dictionary definition that became popular like many other 'slang' terms and caught on..... Doesn't change the original meaning of the word 'gay' though.

The popular meaning is what is important. Language is organic and evolving. The meanings of words change, hence why we're talking about it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I can either go get lunch and then prep for my 2pm or I can read this thread and discover your feelings on homosexuals. I think I will break from VJ for a few hours, take care of chit and come back and read later :lol:

I'll sum up for you. Paul thinks gays are people. Paul thinks Rob thinks gays are not really people.

Timeline

depends on the individual. Some people find the situation on video humorous. Some people find it sad. Some people find it angering. Some people refuse to believe it even happened....

No it doesn't depend on the individual. If you find stuff like that funny you aren't emotionally mature.

I'll sum up for you. Paul thinks gays are people. Paul thinks Rob thinks gays are not really people.

It's an amzing amount of doubletalk, that's for sure...

Timeline

No it doesn't depend on the individual. If you find stuff like that funny you aren't emotionally mature.

Why, because you don't feel that someone can legitimately deal with a situation in that way?

Human beings are an interesing and diverse species. While at the end of the day, we're all people, we are all very different in who we are and what makes us tick. It has nothing to do with 'maturity' in how you deal with a tough/life altering situation. Just as the most 'sane/sensible' person in the world can end up being a rapist or a wife beater. We find it easy to define what we do not understand as 'immature' or 'mentally ill.' That doesn't make them that in any way though.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Your attempt to make a point was flawed from the beginning because you were basing it on fiction. Fiction that you were making up from your vast knowledge of what gay people like and dislike. Yes, you've explained your warped definition of the term gay, and you're still wrong. This isn't complicated Paul, it's simple reading comprehension, and you are completely missing it.

Paul, lets get back to basics here. If you use a term to connote a negative meaning, then it is an insult, and thus degrading. It's not that hard to comprehend.

Paul, you show a demonstrable lack of comprehension of languages. Your intentions are completely immaterial here. There is an obvious implication when you call something "gay". Whether or not you comprehend this, or choose to accept it is irrelavent.

Timeline

Why, because you don't feel that someone can legitimately deal with a situation in that way?

Human beings are an interesing and diverse species. While at the end of the day, we're all people, we are all very different in who we are and what makes us tick. It has nothing to do with 'maturity' in how you deal with a tough/life altering situation. Just as the most 'sane/sensible' person in the world can end up being a rapist or a wife beater. We find it easy to define what we do not understand as 'immature' or 'mentally ill.' That doesn't make them that in any way though.

That's just relativist nonsense. There's nothing complex or interesting about poor taste jokes or the humour some people find in the suffering of others.

Timeline

That's just relativist nonsense. There's nothing complex or interesting about poor taste jokes or the humour some people find in the suffering of others.

and that's how you feel. You cannot comprehend feeling any other way about a tragic situation, so you automatically look someone who can laugh about a situation as someone who's heartless or careless when that's not necessarily the case at all.

Your "humanity" makes you feel that those who dare to joke about certain situations are bad people (i'm using bad in a relative manner here). That there's something very wrong with them. That their mental state is off. Because those situations bother you, so you expect them to bother others as well, or you expect others to ignore it. When someone takes something happy or some sort of joy out of a tragedy, that doesn't exactly compute. So defensively you're going to put that person into a separate class of people than yourself.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!