Kikibearylala

transcription of vaccination record

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh yeah,Indeed, I am luckier then;-), I thought they charged me too much as some Vj info they only paid 20-50USD for transcribed.

Have a great day! :-)

Hi! Im from the Philippines too and I had my medical at St Lukes as well last January 2010. Fortunately, I didn't go to the Civil Surgeon to transcribe I just use the DS-3025 from St Lukes and they approved me without any problem. I was at first hesitant to just send it but we decided to personally go to USCIS office for information (INFOPASS) and they told us that DS-3025 is sufficient as long as it's within one year. God bless...

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

2009-09-15 : I-129F Sent

2009-09-16 : I-129F NOA1

2009-09-19: Check Cashed

2009-12-22: I-129F NOA2

2010-01-07 : Consulate Received

2010-01-22: St Luke's medical exam

2010-02-01 : Interview Date (Approved!)

2010-02-06 : Visa Received

2010-02-15 : US Entry

2010-03-04: SSN received

2010-05-01 : Wedding day!

Comments : smooth sailing, thanks visa journey!

AOS timeline:

2010-05-06 : AOS package sent

2010-05-07 : received and signed (USCIS Chicago lockbox)

2010-05-13 : check cashed

2010-05-17 : received NOA1 in the mail for I-485, I-765 and I-131

2010-06-23 : received approved I-131

2010-07-01 : received notice for biometrics on 7/20/10

2010-07-20 : biometrics done

2010-07-21 : I-765 Employment Authorization approved! Card production ordered

2010-07-30 : I-765 Card on hand ( wohoo )

2010-09-03 : Interview sched (had to resched coz we're out of town)

2010-10-18 : Interview...approved with no problem! card production ordered (YES!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! Im from the Philippines too and I had my medical at St Lukes as well last January 2010. Fortunately, I didn't go to the Civil Surgeon to transcribe I just use the DS-3025 from St Lukes and they approved me without any problem. I was at first hesitant to just send it but we decided to personally go to USCIS office for information (INFOPASS) and they told us that DS-3025 is sufficient as long as it's within one year. God bless...

Hi There MercyMike:-)

Wow! I must salute you then for having all the LUCK!!!;-) Well, in my case I really need to do another shots for Td/tdap as this shot is not routinely available in Kuala Lumpur where I took my interviewed ( the Dr. vividly explained to me that I needed this shot to complete my vaccination during my medical) and it also stated in my DS-3025 that my vaccination is not complete. Thanks to goodness! were lucky i pay NOTHING for the shot through my husband medical insurance and so timely my honey included me right after we got married and got on hand our MC as a proof of my status...

Though,US90 bucks still a huge amount or I would say, winter time is around the corner and i could have used that penny for a Winter Stuffs ;-) hehe..

Oh! thanks for the message it's nice knowing I have another "kababayan" in Vj's that I can always count on...

Take care and God Bless!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-09

I-129F Received : 2010-03-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-12 "touched"

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-04-29 APPROVED!!!!

NOA2 Hard Copy : 2010-05-04

NOA2 Sent to Embassy 2010-05-10

NOA2 Received 2010-05-13 (I hope it is ours anyway)

Packet 3 : 2010-05-20 Received!!!

Packet 4 : 2010-06-29 Received!!!

Interview: 2010-07-20 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand : 2010-07-21 ( Yahoo!!!)

POE - August 20, 2010

AOS,EAD & AP

October 15,2010 Sent AOS,EAD & AP ( Chicago Lockbox)

October 25,2010 - Received Hard Copies of AOS,EAD & AP

October 25, 2010 - Touched

October 27, 2010 - Received Biometric Scheduled ( dated 19.Nov.2010)

November 19, 2010 - Biometric Schedule done

December 09,2011 - Interview Notice Received - schedule on January 20, 2011

December 22,2010 - EAD Approved

December 23,2010 - AP Approved

December 30,2010 - AP Received

December 31,2010 - EAD Card Received

January 20,2011 - interview - Approved - (Exactly my 5 months I landed in US)

January 29,2011 - Green Card Received - (Exactly 1 year that we got engaged)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Does D-3025 really need to say COMPLETE? Mine says nothing: neither incomplete neither complete...

Seems i need to contact doc anyway, right?

My timeline is current and updated

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Does D-3025 really need to say COMPLETE? Mine says nothing: neither incomplete neither complete...

If yours says nothing then yes, a CS is your best bet.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

If you have been issued one of the K visas on the D-3025 it does not matter if it says incomplete. I would assume if they issued a visa even though it said incomplete it was probably because that vaccine was not required for that particular age or some other medical condition makes you not get that vaccine . If it is within one year you can use that and apply for 485 (assumining you are on one of the K visas). You do not need to get it transcribed. Ours was incomplete and we did not get it transcribed because the instructions said we did not have to if the D-3025 is within one year. We got approved without any problem. However if you have the extra money I am sure getting it transcribed wont hurt you in anyways. But the instructions clearly state that it is not required and I did see a lot of people just send in the D-3025's without the civil surgeon transcribing it when it was within the one year mark. And again this being VJ - a public forum, I would suggest that you take any advice with a grain of salt.

9/1/2009: Applied for I-130

9/14/2009: NOA1 for I-130

9/21/2009: NOA1 for I-129F (CSC)

9/25/2009: NOA1 received for I-129F (receipt of mail)

01/08/2010 : Thank you very much Jesus..... NOA 2 129F

01/08/2010 : NOA 2 I-130

01/15/2010 : Embassy gets the approval notice (Awesome..Love K3...so glad we have done K3)

01/20/2010: Embassy schedules interview for K3

02/19/2010: K3 interview over and approved.

[Thank You very much Jesus and our heavenly father.]

If you have been issued one of the K visas on the D-3025 it does not matter if it says incomplete. I would assume if they issued a visa even though it said incomplete it was probably because that vaccine was not required for that particular age or some other medical condition makes you not get that vaccine . If it is within one year you can use that and apply for 485 (assumining you are on one of the K visas). You do not need to get it transcribed. Ours was incomplete and we did not get it transcribed because the instructions said we did not have to if the D-3025 is within one year. We got approved without any problem. However if you have the extra money I am sure getting it transcribed wont hurt you in anyways. But the instructions clearly state that it is not required and I did see a lot of people just send in the D-3025's without the civil surgeon transcribing it when it was within the one year mark. And again this being VJ - a public forum, I would suggest that you take any advice with a grain of salt.

Some things need to be repeated because the above post has some misconceptions.

A K1 can get issued a visa without having any immunizations at all. Immunizations only have to be done for AOS. Just because you got a visa DOES NOT mean you are clear for AOS. The panel physician fills out the DS3025 immunization sheet with whatever you provide to him or get from him as a record of where you are in immunizations.

The immunization list is a USA list and some countries don't even have those drugs to give you before you enter the US.

The instructions say if you had a medical exam within 1 year you don't have to repeat it. That means the blood tests for sexually transmitted disease, clearance for tuberculosis, clearance for mental health, etc. It does not exclude you from getting fully immunized.

If you can interpret the CDC list of immunuzations and are certain that you got all the shots needed including boosters, then you can be approved without an I-693. You can't think because you saw a panel physican that you have all the shots. Your DS-3025 can say incomplete-may be eligible for a blanket waiver and you can still be aproved without an I-693. Dozens and dozens have done it that way. But only if you have all the shots. Yours could say that when you don't meet the shot requirement, so you have to fully understand the CDC instructions or go to a civil surgeon and let him tell you if you're complete. The instructions written to panel physicians and civil surgeons tell them how to fill out the "complete" check boxes. Their instructions tell them that they will almost always check incomplete-may be eligible for a blanket waiver because applicants get a waiver if a shot is not appropriate for his/her age.

The DS3025 is only sent in when it has all the shots. If you have a newer I-693, then leave out the DS-3025 because it's all covered with the later form.

Some people get RFEs because the 4 medical forms from abroad never got put with their AOS file. So they get a form letter telling them a properly completed I-693 must be submitted. That's not about a civil surgeon copying your list of immunizations. It means they don't have your medical test results in your file. It's likely because somebody failed to order them from where they get filed after your POE. The vast majority of AOS applicants are not K1s. They have been in the US and are adjusting from other visas and did not do a medical overseas. So most AOS packages do arrive with a full medical exam on form I-693. If nobody specially ordered your A- file to put in your AOS folder or it got misplaced, they send out the same thing they would to most applicants...you need a properly completely I-693. It should say "since we lost your K1 records....." Unfortunately they don't personalize your note

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Yours may have been MARKED incomplete but you might have actually been complete for the requirements. It is always best to advise that if it's marked incomplete, go see a CS to make sure you have all the required shots. If the MEDICAL is still within a year then that's fine, but IMMUNISATIONS need to be up-to-date at the time of filing.

Mine was marked incomplete and I had all required shots. I preferred to "waste" $50 getting checked to make sure I was complete before sending in my AOS, I didn't want an RFE and I didn't get one, or an interview.

OP - if in doubt go see a CS because they will tell you if you've had all the required shots or not. Make sure you call to check out their prices first, some really try and rip you off.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Yours may have been MARKED incomplete but you might have actually been complete for the requirements. It is always best to advise that if it's marked incomplete, go see a CS to make sure you have all the required shots. If the MEDICAL is still within a year then that's fine, but IMMUNISATIONS need to be up-to-date at the time of filing.

Mine was marked incomplete and I had all required shots. I preferred to "waste" $50 getting checked to make sure I was complete before sending in my AOS, I didn't want an RFE and I didn't get one, or an interview.

OP - if in doubt go see a CS because they will tell you if you've had all the required shots or not. Make sure you call to check out their prices first, some really try and rip you off.

Ours was a K3 and K4 case. I did see a lot of people on VJ not go to the CS but just send in their DS 3025 that they got in their home country and not get any RFE. Even the instructions said it is not required. I definitely agree that going to a CS is not going to hurt other than the extra $50 or $100 or whatever they might charge, but if it is me I will just send it in without getting it transcribed since the instructions said thats all i have to do. Probably another wise thing would be go just make an infopass appointment and ask in person on what to do. As you can see in the forums there are a lot of people who just sent in their DS-3025 and also a lot of people who got it transcribed from a CS and then sent it in.

9/1/2009: Applied for I-130

9/14/2009: NOA1 for I-130

9/21/2009: NOA1 for I-129F (CSC)

9/25/2009: NOA1 received for I-129F (receipt of mail)

01/08/2010 : Thank you very much Jesus..... NOA 2 129F

01/08/2010 : NOA 2 I-130

01/15/2010 : Embassy gets the approval notice (Awesome..Love K3...so glad we have done K3)

01/20/2010: Embassy schedules interview for K3

02/19/2010: K3 interview over and approved.

[Thank You very much Jesus and our heavenly father.]

Timeline
Ours was a K3 and K4 case. I did see a lot of people on VJ not go to the CS but just send in their DS 3025 that they got in their home country and not get any RFE. Even the instructions said it is not required. I definitely agree that going to a CS is not going to hurt other than the extra $50 or $100 or whatever they might charge, but if it is me I will just send it in without getting it transcribed since the instructions said thats all i have to do. Probably another wise thing would be go just make an infopass appointment and ask in person on what to do. As you can see in the forums there are a lot of people who just sent in their DS-3025 and also a lot of people who got it transcribed from a CS and then sent it in.

Actually, the I-485 instructions here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf page 4 number 8 states that a "vaccination supplement" is required. There used to be Form I-693A that was called "vaccination supplement", now it's just specific sections of I-693 that's required.

So then you go to form I-693 to see if it applies to you. Here: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-693instr.pdf page 4, section 2, C, B states that even if you don't need a new medical, you need to prove you have complied with vaccination requirements, and if DS-3025 (actually mentions this form) is not properly completed you need to see a CS and complete the I-693, Part 1, part 2 (vaccination table only) and Part 5.

There's also a link on USCIS that discusses whether an entire new medical is required (given there are new TB requirements etc) here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextchannel=68439c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextoid=1758d5b07655b110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD that says:

"Q: If an applicant is required to receive only the vaccinations, and not undergo the entire medical exam, does he/she have to submit the entire Form I-693?

No. Applicants who are not required to have the entire medical examination need to submit only pages one, three and five of the new form. The required sections include Part 1, Information About You, the vaccination record portion of Part 2, and Part 5 (if the vaccinations are administered by a civil surgeon) or Part 6 (if the vaccinations are administered by a local health department). Pages two and four, that would have been left blank, do not need to be submitted."

----

Long story short, the instructions state that an I-693 is required if DS-3025 isn't properly completed, so, that's why we recommend going to a CS if it's marked "incomplete".. 'cause that's what the instructions state.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Even the instructions said it is not required.

You're not reading those instructions correctly. It says you don't have to do the medical exam again.

Medical exam and the DS3025 immunization form are not the same thing.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.