639 posts in this topic

Dear Vj's,

So happy that finally my green card arrived and now in my hand:-))) waahoo!!!

All Vj's members thank you for helping us through this processs and a million thanks Visa Journey!

This site is absolutely awesome!!!

Congratulations!! Don't forget to check your card for any errors.

HELP ! :help::wow::help:

Today, I finally received my GC . . . AND there is incorrect data on it. My country of birth isn' t Slovak Republic ( what the hell is Slovak Republic anyway ? There is only Slovakia ! ) My country of birth is Slovenia. The same data is correct on my AP & EAD ! I already have an info - pass for the upcoming Tuesday to discuss the issue with the USCIS local office here in WI. On the USCIS website I read there is a need to fill a certain form ( I - 90 ) with a fee ( around 300 $ ) Is USCIS gonna try to charge us for their own error ? What happens next ? There is NO WAY we' re paying for someone else' s mistake. I have such a headache ! :(

I agree about taking a copy of your I-485 if you have it. And take your EAD/AP with you, too. I don't think they'd make you pay for this correction, but they might take your green card away while they issue a new one. Let us know how infopass goes!

PS - Also, I just looked on the letter that comes with the card, and it says on the back if there are any errors to call the customer service line - 1 800 375 5283. You might as well give them a call while you wait for your infopass appointment.

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

I would bring copies of your I-485 application. If that information is correct on the form the USCIS should re-issue the card at thier expense. :blink:

Congratulations!! Don't forget to check your card for any errors.

I agree about taking a copy of your I-485 if you have it. And take your EAD/AP with you, too. I don't think they'd make you pay for this correction, but they might take your green card away while they issue a new one. Let us know how infopass goes!

PS - Also, I just looked on the letter that comes with the card, and it says on the back if there are any errors to call the customer service line - 1 800 375 5283. You might as well give them a call while you wait for your infopass appointment.

robertlaird & Leenie ! Thanks for your fast responses !

Unfortunately, I don' t have any copies of the I - 485 application. I already made copies of my AP & EAD, though. I also intend to include a cover letter explaining the issue and re - writing the correct data. I don' t mind them taking away my current GC as long as they' ll issue me a new GC with a correct data on it. I honestly, don' t feel right and comfortable going around with a card in my wallet which says I was born in some country, that by the way, doesn' t even exist ( Slovak Republic 1939 - 1945 ! ) It looks to me USCIS officers " hand - type " these informations because every computer knows the initials of a certain country and all !

I have another question. The category on my current GC ( CF1 ) isn' t the same as the category on my AP & EAD ( CO9 ) Do you guys have the same categories on your cards or is this just another error or my GC ?

Leenie, I actually tried to call the costumer service line already but they weren' t available as yesterday was Saturday. I' ll try tomorrow again !

I truly hope USCIS will re - issue my GC without any additional fee. I' ll let you know how it goes on Tuesday !

:unsure::crying::angry::wacko::huh::(

Edited by AR and MD
as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

.... Are we gonna hear something this week or is it too much asking??????????????????? :devil:

Looks like a couple of CSC transferred cases that were approved lately arrived at the Service Center at the beginning of December.

Grrr :wacko::bonk::girlwerewolf2xn:

I have another question. The category on my current GC ( CF1 ) isn' t the same as the category on my AP & EAD ( CO9 ) Do you guys have the same categories on your cards or is this just another error or my GC ?

My husband's green card has category CR6. I'm not sure what category is correct, though. Maybe there are multiple categories that are correct.

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

.... Are we gonna hear something this week or is it too much asking??????????????????? :devil:

Looks like a couple of CSC transferred cases that were approved lately arrived at the Service Center at the beginning of December.

Grrr :wacko::bonk::girlwerewolf2xn:

I'm feeling impatient too Mont Blanc. Come ooooonnnnnnn CSC. I really hope October's not the new June. A lot of June filers got lost in a black hole at CSC and some are still waiting.

I'm the USC petitioner.

Timeline:

10/06/2005 Met in Ireland while I was on a study abroad

03/15/2010 K-1 NOA1

05/27/2010 K-1 NOA2

09/10/2010 K-1 Interview

09/22/2010 POE

10/01/2010 Wedding

10/27/2010 AOS/EAD/AP NOA1s

12/22/2010 EAD/AP Approved

04/05/2011 AOS Approved - no interview

04/09/2011 Green Card received

01/24/2013 ROC NOA1

06/28/2013 ROC Approved - no interview

07/05/2013 10-year Green Card received

08/19/2014 N-400 NOA

12/06/2014 N-400 Interview

01/09/2014 Naturalization ceremony

My husband is now a US Citizen! Our journey is over!

20r8m4.png

WdKPm5.png

8PEOm5.png

My husband's green card has category CR6. I'm not sure what category is correct, though. Maybe there are multiple categories that are correct.

Leenie, THX !

Well, I canceled my info - pass appointment. There was no need for me to go because I couldn' t wait :blush: as I called the customer service yesterday instead. I was told I need to send to USCIS Arizona offices as much prove as I can ( being born in Slovenia ) I was also told USCIS doesn' t charge for their own errors. They didn' t give me any information about how long will all this take ( for USCIS to re - issue my new GC ), hopefully it won' t take forever ! I' m going to the post office today ! :)

as1cHpz0g410600MzAwNzg3OWx8MjM3NjYxc3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Well my interview is tomorrow morning, a little edgy after reading some of the reviews on here, I don't want any more stress right now! We have a fair bit of evidence, joint lease, insurance, bank account, etc, plus my SSN and driver's permit from the state. Weather is not the greatest in the area right now but I can't wait to get this over with. I never did get my AP or EAD, it all still says initial review on the USCIS site.

:clock:

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well my interview is tomorrow morning, a little edgy after reading some of the reviews on here, I don't want any more stress right now! We have a fair bit of evidence, joint lease, insurance, bank account, etc, plus my SSN and driver's permit from the state. Weather is not the greatest in the area right now but I can't wait to get this over with. I never did get my AP or EAD, it all still says initial review on the USCIS site.

Goodluck on your interview!

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-09

I-129F Received : 2010-03-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-12 "touched"

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-04-29 APPROVED!!!!

NOA2 Hard Copy : 2010-05-04

NOA2 Sent to Embassy 2010-05-10

NOA2 Received 2010-05-13 (I hope it is ours anyway)

Packet 3 : 2010-05-20 Received!!!

Packet 4 : 2010-06-29 Received!!!

Interview: 2010-07-20 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand : 2010-07-21 ( Yahoo!!!)

POE - August 20, 2010

AOS,EAD & AP

October 15,2010 Sent AOS,EAD & AP ( Chicago Lockbox)

October 25,2010 - Received Hard Copies of AOS,EAD & AP

October 25, 2010 - Touched

October 27, 2010 - Received Biometric Scheduled ( dated 19.Nov.2010)

November 19, 2010 - Biometric Schedule done

December 09,2011 - Interview Notice Received - schedule on January 20, 2011

December 22,2010 - EAD Approved

December 23,2010 - AP Approved

December 30,2010 - AP Received

December 31,2010 - EAD Card Received

January 20,2011 - interview - Approved - (Exactly my 5 months I landed in US)

January 29,2011 - Green Card Received - (Exactly 1 year that we got engaged)

Good luck! It sounds like you've got the main points covered as far as evidence goes. Bring lots of pics, too! You're gonna pass!!

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

Good luck! It sounds like you've got the main points covered as far as evidence goes. Bring lots of pics, too! You're gonna pass!!

See that's the thing, we've never put much weight on photos, my mom never even sent me the last set she took of us. We do have a few hundred just from our wedding and honeymoon though, lol. Gonna bring those and hope they're sufficiently overwhelmed to not want to see anymore. :blush:

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

See that's the thing, we've never put much weight on photos, my mom never even sent me the last set she took of us. We do have a few hundred just from our wedding and honeymoon though, lol. Gonna bring those and hope they're sufficiently overwhelmed to not want to see anymore. :blush:

Well, bring a couple for them to put in your file, at least! It's not all about financials and documentation at the end of the day, it's about love, too :blush: hehe

Green Card approved today without interview. 2 weeks shy of the 4 month processing time

Congrats!!!

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Green Card approved today without interview. 2 weeks shy of the 4 month processing time

Congrats

AOS:

Green Card APPROVAL for wife and stepson 02/10/2011

Revd'd Green Cards for wife and stepson today 02/19/2011

My timeline gives all the information

We were approved :dance: I'm about to post the review in my timeline, but let's just say it was ridiculously fast and easy.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

09/10/10 Married!

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Kevbev09

Congrats, Your interview was very interesting, I hope it will be the same in Kansas City, MO next week, well in 6 days.

AOS:

Green Card APPROVAL for wife and stepson 02/10/2011

Revd'd Green Cards for wife and stepson today 02/19/2011

My timeline gives all the information

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.