^_^

Muslims Report Rising Discrimination at Work

55 posts in this topic

I never said it was ok

but you have to agree that just becasue someone is a muslim sympathizer or muslim does not mean they are a good and honest person.

At the same time you can not say that someone that supports Anti Muslim or has an Anti Muslim stance is an evil or bad person.

uh, actually you can. being a senseless, hateful bigot is one characteristic of evil, bad people. there's no whitewashing or candy coating the inherent wrongness and immorality of such beliefs

Actually by Ostracizing someone for their personal believes is a form of discrimination in iself. Here in the USA a person has a right to their own opinions right or wrong as we see it.

maybe because discriminating against blatantly wrong, immoral behavior, such as bigotry is a requisite of human decency. i don't like bigots, just like i don't like bicycle thieves. but equating my discrimination against those kind of behaviors is not parallel to discrimination like saying "i don't like black people, they're all criminals" or "God i hope my new neighbors aren't jewish". apples and oranges. and no one, least of all rob & mel is even remotely insinuating that anyone in the us or anywhere else doesn't have a right to their opinions. but do expect to be called out as a dumb, ignorant, piece of sh!t if you harbor opinions like the ones in quotes above.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

That's reason to be anti-terrorist, not anti-Muslim. 9/11 and 7/7 didn't affect only non-Muslims. Terrorists don't care if they kill you or me in their attacks. In fact, most terrorist attacks are against Muslims, not non-Muslims.

And where do the over the top Muslim sympathizers play into this?

uh, actually you can. being a senseless, hateful bigot is one characteristic of evil, bad people. there's no whitewashing or candy coating the inherent wrongness and immorality of such beliefs

maybe because discriminating against blatantly wrong, immoral behavior, such as bigotry is a requisite of human decency. i don't like bigots, just like i don't like bicycle thieves. but equating my discrimination against those kind of behaviors is not parallel to discrimination like saying "i don't like black people, they're all criminals" or "God i hope my new neighbors aren't jewish". apples and oranges. and no one, least of all rob & mel is even remotely insinuating that anyone in the us or anywhere else doesn't have a right to their opinions. but do expect to be called out as a dumb, ignorant, piece of sh!t if you harbor opinions like the ones in quotes above.

The mothership has landed.

Edited by _Simpson_

And you with your pathetic bandwagon, coat-tailing the most feeble-minded yet vicious bully in school because you *wish* you could be so singularly hateful. Shame--less on your lazy hate and more on your slavish sorry routine. An opinion based on race would be as nonsensical as judging you for the deluded Bee Gees revival-style metallic Outfit of Sadness in your pic.

Somebody close this thread before I lose it. More.

Take a break from the internet.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

But I wanted to disco.

Edited by twowls

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think your "tell" is how you continue to try to justify yourself. If your foulness is indeed only my problem, then there's nothing to add. You are at utter peace with your rejection, with prejudice, of most of the world. So why are you still talking? I certainly don't matter. Is it because I'm white? Picture me as brown. That will clear right up.

Nah, you want to win an argument. Bad news bears: your "argument" will never hold water with anyone who has any true integrity. Your central stance is a dead philosophy, never growing, never changing, rooted in hate and exclusion, borne of ignorance and bias and resentment, bearing rotten fruit. Your legacy is smallness and hate, nothing more.

No, I just take little peons like you to school on the real world. It's not as pretty as you want to make it out to be. It's not as easy to tell people to be a certain way and expect it of them. I expect nothing from anyone. I live my life and leave others alone with the exception of those I care about. I don't expect there not to be discrimination in the world, I don't expect there to not be hunger in the world. I do not expect everyone in the world to be happy. All I expect is a place where I can be myself without anyone else interfering with that.

Too many people would rather impose their will on others, than live their own life. People are too worried what Sally is doing to Tommy and not worried enough about what they themselves are doing. They worry about joe punching john in the face at school, yet ignore the fact that they took away john's way of defending himself from joe. All in the name of a better/more perfect society where there's no 'hate' and everyone gets along nicely. I hate to break it to you boss, that's not EVER going to happen without a wiping out of the human race and then starting from scratch. Even then after time it will go back to the way it was, because that's nature and that's how it works. You can't change what a creature is, you can't change how a species behaves, unless you completely annihilate that species. So short of destroying mankind, there's always going to be 'hate' in the world whether you or anyone else likes it or not.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My apologies I was thinkn you were wanting to vent more which could be TOS violations

I can understand your anger at these groups or people as their views and opions can be hurtful and hateful etc.

TOS would be if they spoke out directly at you etc or if you were to post and such nothing more meant by it.

Decency is thought process. What you think was basic decency maynot be what they think.

But for me a person can be courteous, generous, polite, and show respect and still disagree with someone that is muslim and even support Anti muslim ideas

So what is your idea of decency?

I'm sorry; I didn't say those things and I don't think we're on the same page. I don't understand much of your post.

By pointing out the text in red is BS in your opinion gave that meaning in my opinion. .

If a stranger stops and provides you assistance or shares a kindness with you for what ever reason the acts of kindness will not change whether or not you learn they support antimuslim ideas. The only thing that changes is your perception or opinion of that person.

BTW this doesnot have to be inregards to anti muslim I only used this example due to the topic itself and the persecution these People are facing.

uh, actually you can. being a senseless, hateful bigot is one characteristic of evil, bad people. there's no whitewashing or candy coating the inherent wrongness and immorality of such beliefs - Supporting Antimuslim ideas does not constitute bigotry that is only your perception. While there are people who are bigots towards all Muslims and all their ideas that does not mean someone is a bigot because they do notagree and do not support and even in soem cases reject some ideas that Muslims may have.

If your believe is against above that is your right but you may want ot rethink living in the USA due to the 1st amendment.

but you have to agree that just becasue someone is a muslim sympathizer or muslim does not mean they are a good and honest person.

At the same time you can not say that someone everyone that supports Anti Muslim or has an Anti Muslim stance is an evil or bad person.

I fixed it with a better word so you could understand better.

the ones who do not understand what I stated and are the people with the least tolerance among us; expecting everyone to bend to your will or be labled a Bigot when in affect you excert bigotry yourself towrds those people.

Again in effect your trying to say only people who support any and all ethnic group or belongs to the any ethnic group could be a decent person showing kindness/respect/charity/ politness etc. I call the BS and Ignorant

BTW I merely pointed people can have differences of opinions in a respectful manner and I do not support all muslim ideas I may even oppose some it is you who have come naming and cursing people who do not agree with you.

Do you consider yourself kind/respectful/charitable/selfsacrficing/polite.....?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

big difference between "not supporting all muslim ideas" and being anti-muslim. You don't seem to be making a distinction. No, you cannot be a decent person and have hatred towards a group of people based on some shared characteristic among them. You can be a decent person and hate specific people for actions that they've taken.

Bigotry is not just another viewpoint that is equally valid and must be respected. And there is no such thing as a bigot bigot.

The distinction to be made here is to recognize the need to condemn and rectify actual acts of descrimination but realize not all claims are legit.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS