^_^

Muslims Report Rising Discrimination at Work

55 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice attempt to justify your actions there Mr. Duke. Actually, there is a right to not be discriminated against, in the workplace. Seeing as workplace discrimination is the topic of this thread, i'll ask you to stop trying to hijack this thread toward a nebulous discussion on how ostracizing bigots is racism, which it is not.

you only have as many rights as the person standing next to you allows you to have.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

you only have as many rights as the person standing next to you allows you to have.

You clearly have a fundamental misunderstanding of workplace discrimination laws.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/vacancy/hr-policy/pd-31.pdf

Timeline

You clearly have a fundamental misunderstanding of workplace discrimination laws.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/vacancy/hr-policy/pd-31.pdf

you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what rights are.

laws are truly meaningless if the person standing next to you doesn't choose to adhere to those laws. The only thing those laws do is offer a form of retaliation on the person's behalf who was attacked in a particular way. Nothing more and nothing less.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what rights are.

laws are truly meaningless if the person standing next to you doesn't choose to adhere to those laws. The only thing those laws do is offer a form of retaliation on the person's behalf who was attacked in a particular way. Nothing more and nothing less.

Paul, you really are ignorant, arguing petty semantics here. Yes, I suppose you have the right to think and feel as racist as you want to be. You don't have the right, at the workplace to act out upon those racist feelings and beliefs. Deal with it corky.

Filed: Timeline

Paul, you really are ignorant, arguing petty semantics here. Yes, I suppose you have the right to think and feel as racist as you want to be. You don't have the right, at the workplace to act out upon those racist feelings and beliefs. Deal with it corky.

Stop oppressing him, big government! He'll burn that black church if he wants to, if you say he's bad that makes YOU a racist not him!

Timeline

Sure you do. What's to stop someone from doing that? A piece of paper signed by an official? Cmon now.

Discrimination is going to happen until retaliation is taken and even then it might continue and there's not really a damn thing anyone can do about it outside of changing human nature.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Timeline

Sure you do. What's to stop someone from doing that? A piece of paper signed by an official? Cmon now.

Discrimination is going to happen until retaliation is taken and even then it might continue and there's not really a damn thing anyone can do about it outside of changing human nature.

Corky, you really do need to read more. You don't have a right to act upon your racist feelings and beliefs. It's not protected in any way or fashion. You will lose your job if you perpetrate it, and you will be sued for large sums of money if you own the business and you discriminate and or allow it to perpetuate and have zero recourse.

If you're so confident in your inherent rights to discriminate all you want, why don't you go to work, and talk about some of your more racist feelings and beliefs to a coworker, preferrably one of the race that you hold ill feelings towards. Lets see how long you are employed.

Timeline

Corky, you really do need to read more. You don't have a right to act upon your racist feelings and beliefs. It's not protected in any way or fashion. You will lose your job if you perpetrate it, and you will be sued for large sums of money if you own the business and you discriminate and or allow it to perpetuate and have zero recourse.

If you're so confident in your inherent rights to discriminate all you want, why don't you go to work, and talk about some of your more racist feelings and beliefs to a coworker, preferrably one of the race that you hold ill feelings towards. Lets see how long you are employed.

you said exactly what I said if you'd read....

laws offer means of retaliation against things that society may not like... but you can't stop someone from discriminating against nother. it's always going to happen and there's not a damn thing that anyone can do about it.

as I said, you only have as many rights as the person standing next to you allows you to have. If they choose to kill you with a gun, there's nothing you can do about short of having your own gun and being faster than they are. If they choose to call you a racial name, there's not a damn thing you can do, short of killing them before they say it.

All a law does, is offer you a means of retaliation if you so choose to let them harass you initially.

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is a violation of TOS for VJ to:

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

This topic is about racist comments being made against Muslim employees in the work place; it is unacceptable to make racist comments in the workplace and it is unacceptable to make them on VJ. Further comments sanctioning racist attitudes will lead to administrative action.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

what is wrong with it? plenty..

yes you are allowed to have different opinions about people but that shouldn't be based on their colour, race etc...

At least color and race are tangible things that you actually CAN base an opinion on.

Religious people base their opinions on imaginary skydaddies and that's somehow okay.

Edited by mawilson
biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

It is a violation of TOS for VJ to:

Post Content intended to degrade, intimidate, or incite violence or prejudicial action against a broad demographic or group of people identified by a unifying trait or characteristic (discrimination). For instance, racist or sexist content may be considered hate speech.

Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users.

This topic is about racist comments being made against Muslim employees in the work place; it is unacceptable to make racist comments in the workplace and it is unacceptable to make them on VJ. Further comments sanctioning racist attitudes will lead to administrative action.

See you enhance what I'm saying in my posts.

People can say and do whatever they want, but that doesn't mean there won't be retaliation by the group that surrounds them. The community here (or administrators in this case) have deemed attacking someone based on race to be against the rules. While those rules won't stop anyone from saying those things and there's nothing you can do to sotp them from saying those things initially, you have a form of retaliation in suspension, banning, etc.....

nfrsig.jpg

8/14/2010 - Touched!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

9/11, 7/7

That's reason to be anti-terrorist, not anti-Muslim. 9/11 and 7/7 didn't affect only non-Muslims. Terrorists don't care if they kill you or me in their attacks. In fact, most terrorist attacks are against Muslims, not non-Muslims.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

what's wrong with being anti-black? anti-muslim? anti-christian? anti-white? anti-mexican?

Not a damn thing. People have different opinions about different people. That doesn't make them necessarily wrong or right, except within your own viewpoint or their own.

I can't even finish reading the thread before I respond to this. This is your "people are people" argument writ large into utter diabolical absurdity. You have completely lost the plot. You have constructed a laughable specious world view as a way to forgive your own hate, and it is the most cowardly, hubris-ridden, intellectually and soulfully bankrupt thing I've heard in memory.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24