dianex99

i missed my biometrics appointment!

12 posts in this topic

so, i got to my house on wednesday after a day of running errands and my neighbor met me in our driveway to give me my bio appt letter that he had by mistake. i was very happy until i saw the date in the letter: weds. 15th at 8 am .... it was already 3pm!!!! i was about to cry. called hubby to work and he went online and gave me a couple of numbers i could called. i called like 4 time trying to talk to an actual person instead of listening all those awful menus in the 1 800 number.

i finally talked to a person and i told her what had happened and she made me read my whole letter and then told me to send a letter to my local USCIS explaining what happened, put my A# and application number and send that with a copy of all my noas received to date ... i did ... but it seems way to easy, somebody went thru this b4????

now im just waiting and see if they are actually going to send something again to my neighbor by mistake. how long would this take u know??? is there anywhere online that i can check if they got my letter or that will post my new interview letter???

thank u thank u thank u

d

June 6: I129F package sent!! finally!!

June 7: vermont service center got the i129F

June 16: Got NOA1 in mail!! file opened on june 13!!

June 24: Online approval!!! yay i cant believe it! :)

July 7: got a letter from the NVC dated july 5th saying they were sending the papers to the peruvian embassy within week! so fast!

July 20: i got packet 4! and i also got an interview date: sept 15! yay!!

Sept 15: interview, they said yes, but wait, u need 2 more papers

Oct 10: got my visa!

Nov 2: flying w/my parents into bangor, maine.

Nov 4: we got married

Jan 25: we finally sent our AOS + EAD package

Feb 22: Biometrics taken

Mar 30: Infopass to ask if everything was alright ... they say 30 to 45 days more :(

April 7: got my EAD approved by email ... waiting for the papers now!!

April 10: got my EAD on the mail!!!

April 12: received notification saying AOS interview is April 19 ... wow that was fast.

April 19: quick interview (10 mins maybe?). got approved for my green card right then and there! (updated) i got my green card just a few days after that!!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I would try to go to the application support center where they take the biometrics and ask to speak to an officer. Explain to the officer what happened and ask if there is a time that you can come to have the biometrics done. While I was waiting for my husband to get his biometrics done here in Phoenix, I heard an officer talking to a woman who had missed her biometrics appointment and the officer told her that she needed to come back on any Wednesday since she had missed her original appointment. The office in your area would probably have something similar set up. Good luck! I'm sure everything will be fine.

(And, NO, I WAS NOT EAVESDROPPING ON THE WOMAN AT THE ASC!) LOL.

Molly

November 2004 Met my sweetheart Stephen online

March 22, 2005 Stephen and I got married in Ikeja, Nigeria

March 28, 2005 Had to leave my heart in Nigeria with Stephen

K-3 Journey

April 7 to December 12, 2005 Filing to visa interview

December 12, 2005 VISA GRANTED!!!!

December 15, 2005 Visa in hand!!!

December 19, 2005 MY HUSBAND ARRIVES IN USA!!!!!!!

AOS Journey

December 29, 2005 NOA1 receipt date for AOS, EAD

January 20, 2006 Received RFE for affidavit of support on AOS

January 23, 2006 Sent reply to MSC for RFE

January 24, 2006 RFE reply received at NBC

January 26, 2006 Email saying AOS is back on track

January 28, 2006 Received biometrics appointment letter for EAD and AOS

February 9, 2006 Biometrics appointment

February 20, 2006 EAD and AOS touched

March 30, 2006 Received interim EAD at Phoenix office.

June 7, 2006 EAD touched

June 8, 2006 EAD touched AGAIN

June 10, 2006 Received interview letter in mail for AOS

June 15, 2006 EAD approved FINALLY!!!!!

JULY 12, 2006 INTERVIEW AT PHOENIX DISTRICT OFFICE

JULY 20, 2006 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

So sorry to hear this...was the office that you would go to for biometrics near by? It's too late for the "should haves" but you should have gone anyway and see what they would say. I know when we went for hubby's bios they said we could gotten the I485 fingerprints done as well if we had the letter. He told us to go back home and get it and I said but we will be late and he told us not to worry. We were over an hour late for our appointment and they still took us. Good luck with it all...I am sure they will understand because it wasn't your fault.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

i know that when I went for my biometrics, the appointment letter also stated that if I could not make it on that particular day, that I could go and get them done on a number of alternate days. There was also a deadline mentioned in the letter -- whatever I chose to do, I HAD to get them done by that day. Does your appointment letter have that?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My daughter's appointment letter gave an appointment date and time, but also said this below it:

"If you are unable to appear at this time, you may go on any following Wednesday at the same time noted, as long as you appear before 01/12/2006. If you do not have your biometrics taken by that date, your application will be considered abandoned."

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Read the letter carefully to see what to do if you miss an appointment.

Alternatively, try going to ASC on Tue, explain that you did not receive it on time. If no success, ask to talk to the supervisor. The appointment date / time is not some magic window that you MUST have it done in. I hope that as long as you have the appointment letter, you're "legit" to have your biometrics taken.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I agree, go down to the local application support center and see if you can't be put into the queue. Especially since the address was wrong, it's not as though you willfully overlooked it. Did you get your address updated with USCIS in the meantime?

Get there first thing in the morning on a Wednesday (since that seems to be a popular day for getting in without an appointment; mine was the same way - I got in a month ahead of my biometrics appointment) and talk to the officer on duty. Bring your letter plus any notes you took while being on the phone with USCIS info line, if you have them. Ask the supervisor if you get stonewalled, and be cooperative. :)

26 January 2005 - Entered US as visitor from Canada.
16 May 2005 - Assembled health package, W2s.
27 June 2005 - Sent package off to Chicago lockbox.
28 June 2005 - Package received at Chicago lockbox.
11 July 2005 - RFE: cheques inappropriately placed.
18 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-485, I-131, I-765 received!
19 July 2005 - NOA 1: I-130 received!
24 August 2005 - Biometrics appointment (Naperville, IL).
25 August 2005 - AOS touched.
29 August 2005 - AP, EAD, I-485 touched.
15 September 2005 - AP and EAD approved!
03 February 2006 - SSN arrives (150 days later)
27 February 2006 - NOA 2: Interview for 27 April!!
27 April 2006 - AOS Interview, approved after 10 minutes!
19 May 2006 - 2 year conditional green card.
01 May 2008 - 10 year green card arrives.
09 December 2012 - Assembled N-400 package.
15 January 2013 - Sent package off to Phoenix.
28 January 2013 - RFE: signature missing.
06 February 2013 - NOA 1: N-400 received!
27 February 2013 - Biometrics appointment (Detroit, MI).
01 April 2013 - NOA 2: Interview assigned.

15 May 2013 - Naturalization Interview, approved after 15 minutes.

10 June 2013 - Naturalized.

The people Claudeth dealth with during her biometrics appointments were very nice so maybe if you just go to the local office and explain to the reception person what happened they may go ahead and do your biometrics. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

I agree...go to the local office and explain the situation. The folks we dealt with in Pittsburgh were great...very nice and courteous. They even did the biometrics for EAD and AP along with the AOS even though we had not yet received the appointment letter for EAD and AP yet. They were even doing people with no appointments so it is definitely worth a try to go in person. Just don't wait long as the case is considered abandoned if you didn't show up as it states on the letter.

I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence:

04-08-2008 Sent I-751 Joint petition for wife and stepchild

04-25-2008 Received NOA for wife stating residence extended 1 year while petition is processed

05-08-2008 Received NOA for stepdaughter stating residence extended 1 year while petition is processed.

05-08-2008 Received ASC appointment letter for wife. Biometrics scheduled for 05/16.

05-09-2008 Received ASC appointment letter for stepdaughter. Biometrics scheduled for 05/20.

05-16-2008 Biometrics for wife completed.

05-17-2008 Biometrics for stepdaughter completed.

03-19-2009 Received 10-year green card

N-400 Application for Naturalization Timeline:

02-17-2009 Sent N-400 Application for Naturalization for Wife

02-19-2009 Package received by USCIS

02-24-2009 Check cashed by USCIS

02-28-2009 NOA receipt received for N-400 payment

03-09-2009 NOA received for Biometrics appointment on 03-20

03-20-2009 Biometrics completed

04-20-2009 NOA received for Naturalization interview on 05-28

05-28-2009 Successful Naturalization interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
They even did the biometrics for EAD and AP along with the AOS even though we had not yet received the appointment letter for EAD and AP yet.

Since when does AP require biometrics??

As many have already mentioned, when I received my biometrics letter it stated that if I couldn't make it to that appointment to come on a Wednesday. Double check your letter! If it doesn't say anything I'd go with what most others already said and go down to the ASC and explain your siutation.

January 10, 2003: K1 NOA

October 23, 2003: AOS NOA

November 10, 2005: AOS approved w/o interview (749 days!!)

September 30, 2009: German Beibehaltungsgenehmigung

February 9, 2010: Naturalization interview and Oath Ceremony!

View profile for detailed timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.