Danno

The eternal flame of Muslim outrage

265 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yes, it ties a series of disparate facts together and is written in a way that suggests all Muslims are like that. It is a platform of blatant hatred and you do yourself no favours by trying to legitimize it.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

yes, it makes a difference. in this discussion, what these guys did doesn't apply. this is a religion related thread, however these guys had no religion. why ask a question so far removed from the topic. why bring 2 individuals into a discussion which do not compare in any way to the topic. reminder: the topic is around the question of whether or not muslims are hypersensitive.

This thread is not merely about Muslim hypersensitivity. It's about Muslim bashing, as are most threds here. I'll be damned if I'll be easily manipulated to staying within the lines drawn by Muslim bashers and told I can only discuss how bad Muslim are.

McVeigh and McNichols are in no way removed from the topic, because a closely related topic is the lack of sensitivity to other kinds of terrorism by non-Muslims. It also strains credulity that terrorism is primarily assessed by the motivation of the terrorists. If that is so, we should be afraid of agnostics because some of them blow things up, too.

islam does have an image problem. i have no idea what it would take to clean this image, however i doubt many americans think it is their job to come to a better understanding on their own.

Islam has an ignorant people problem. If people find it acceptable to believe only negative, spoon fed information, than all of us have a nation of sheep who don't really care to know much before cobbling together a misinformed opinion. That's not good for the country, not good in the voting booth.

most people take things at face value. they don't study, they conclude based on what they see and hear day after day. few have time to take a deep interest in islam so understanding will always be, for the majority, street level. so call people ignorant - what's that going to change? unless scenes around islam change, people will not change their opinion.

Ignorance is no excuse. What's going to change if ignorant the are in charge? After nearly ten years, these yahoos don't even know Muslims have been speaking out against terrorism for decades. They will destroy themselves as they attempt to destroy others.

There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action. - Goethe

Yes, it ties a series of disparate facts together and is written in a way that suggests all Muslims are like that. It is a platform of blatant hatred and you do yourself no favours by trying to legitimize it.

Islam has a long history of disparate facts, and a homeland which suggests nothing but support for the opinion expressed in the OP. If the shoe fits, wear it as they say.

Nothing prevents Islam from looking around and pulling it's collective heads out of the sands of the last thousand years and saying... Hmmm, no more of this nonsense!

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Islam has a long history of disparate facts, and a homeland which suggests nothing but support for the opinion expressed in the OP. If the shoe fits, wear it as they say.

Nothing prevents Islam from looking around and pulling it's collective heads out of the sands of the last thousand years and saying... Hmmm, no more of this nonsense!

Islam isn't a monolith. Extremism is no more meaningful to Muslims who are law abiding than the actions of Catholic priests or Real IRA are to ordinary Catholics.

None of which answers the question that has you jumping into bed with any piece of yellow journalism or sensationalist trash that supports your one size fits all assessment of Muslims.

Perhaps the reason you seem to be backing away a little from Malkin is because you recognize it makes you look bigoted.

If you can't/won't look beyond the lowest elements of the media, to inform yourself about Islam, it merely proves that your position is not educated, it is based largely, if not exclusively on your own biases and preconceived prejudices. Apparently all one has to do is write a scathing article full of cherrypicked facts and emotional invective, and you come running.

Disgusting.

Timeline

There are more than 20 predominately Muslim countries. Which is the "homeland" you're referring to?

Islam is a faith. It doesn't look around or have heads in the sand.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Nonsense.

Before I begin, let me be real clear about one thing. I've got beef with Christianity and other religions as well, not just Islam. I question EVERYTHING and refuse to just accept things because they are the way they are or because they are religions. I will criticize when I feel criticizing needs to be done.

Critics have every right to criticize, NOT INSULT, but criticize Islam after 9/11. As soon as the words "Allhu Akbar" came out of the hijackers mouths, it became religiously motivated. Anybody that denies this, needs a brain transplant. If Christians or Jews had committed 9/11, I would be saying the SAME thing towards them.

Call me ignorant if you want. But what I find really ignorant is when people try to use examples of other violent activities to wash their hands clean and say "Oh but other people also commit violent terrorist crimes so why is this so bad?" Let me tell you something, where there are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, most of which are in the Middle East, that DON'T respect Americans, that DON'T respect our freedoms, that DON'T respect our ways of live and a lot of them resorting to "religious fanaticism" to commit terrorist acts, you have got one hell of a problem and that "Oh but other people also commit violent terrorist crimes so why is this so bad?" excuse ain't gonna cut it.....

If they make their terrorist acts religiously motivated, please do EXPECT the criticism also to be religiously motivated.....

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Timeline

Nonsense to this. Words spoken by some terrorists acting out of character with the religious faith of more than a billion adherents to that faith do not redefine the entire faith for everyone else. You must be ignorant or agenda driven to believe that. Non-Muslims may make demands of Muslims who are living Islam well to explain Muslims who are perverting it, but they are barking up the wrong tree to do so.

People who are so easily lead to believe that a fraction of anything, including the lowest common denominator, defines the whole indeed needs a brain transplant so they can begin to see the issue more clearly and not in such simplistic terms.

Nonsense.

Before I begin, let me be real clear about one thing. I've got beef with Christianity and other religions as well, not just Islam. I question EVERYTHING and refuse to just accept things because they are the way they are or because they are religions. I will criticize when I feel criticizing needs to be done.

Critics have every right to criticize, NOT INSULT, but criticize Islam after 9/11. As soon as the words "Allhu Akbar" came out of the hijackers mouths, it became religiously motivated. Anybody that denies this, needs a brain transplant. If Christians or Jews had committed 9/11, I would be saying the SAME thing towards them.

Call me ignorant if you want. But what I find really ignorant is when people try to use examples of other violent activities to wash their hands clean and say "Oh but other people also commit violent terrorist crimes so why is this so bad?" Let me tell you something, where there are over 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, most of which are in the Middle East, that DON'T respect Americans, that DON'T respect our freedoms, that DON'T respect our ways of live and a lot of them resorting to "religious fanaticism" to commit terrorist acts, you have got one hell of a problem and that "Oh but other people also commit violent terrorist crimes so why is this so bad?" excuse ain't gonna cut it.....

If they make their terrorist acts religiously motivated, please do EXPECT the criticism also to be religiously motivated.....

Timeline

PS - Most Muslims are not Middle Eastern, as you claim. Only one ME country, Egypt, makes it into the top five of predominately Muslim countries. Most Muslims are Asian, not Middle Eastern. Muslims are living on every continent, in many cultures. To think of the majority as Middle Eastern when fewer than 18% of the total are Arab is one stereotype that can be busted immediately.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

PS - Most Muslims are not Middle Eastern, as you claim. Only one ME country, Egypt, makes it into the top five of predominately Muslim countries. Most Muslims are Asian, not Middle Eastern. Muslims are living on every continent, in many cultures. To think of the majority as Middle Eastern when fewer than 18% of the total are Arab is one stereotype that can be busted immediately.

Origin of Islam: According to Secular History

The origin of Islam can be traced back to 7th century Saudi Arabia. Islam is thus the youngest of the great world religions. The prophet Muhammad (circa 570-632 A.D.) introduced Islam in 610 A.D. after experiencing what he claimed to be an angelic visitation. Muhammad dictated the Qur'an, the holy book of Islam, which Muslims believe to be the preexistent, perfect words of Allah.

Origin of Islam: According to Islam

The origin of Islam is generally accredited to the prophet Muhammad but to the devout Muslim, Islam began long before Muhammad ever walked the earth. The Qur'an was dictated by Muhammad but, according to the Qur'an, it did not originate with Muhammad. The Qur'an testifies of itself that it was given by God through the angel Gabriel to the prophet Muhammad. "This is a revelation from the Lord of the universe. The Honest Spirit (Gabriel) came down with it, to reveal it into your heart that you may be one of the warners, in a perfect Arabic tongue" (Sura 26:192-195). "Say, 'Anyone who opposes Gabriel should know that he has brought down this (the Qur'an) into your heart, in accordance with God's will, confirming previous scriptures, and providing guidance and good news for the believers'" (Sura 2:97).

Only 1 convers where Muhammad came from.

The Islam history only states who gave it to Muhammad and that it preexisted. (possibly IMO but of course I am of Christian faith)

So in known history it is safe to say that it began for the current followers in Saudi Arabia but the Quran and possibly the religeon preexisted before Muhammed.

I also agree with the majority of the Muslim faith being Asian due to the growth and expansion of the religeon.

but must known acts of terrorists are committed by these few.

Not so much this post which is mere obfuscation, but the post above, starts out very strong and compelling. Then it degenerates into a knee jerk defense of the indefensible with another tired attempt to protect "the faith."

Most of us get Islam and those who practice Islam do so in a widely diverse manner. Many of your posts are incredible defenses of your positions even when I find I largely disagree when you avoid this particular tactic of pretending all critics are idiots who know nothing and only comment in extreme ignorance.

Mad I don't know what to tell you, I am well aware that the background of this author is my polar opposite politically. The OP is sound as far as it goes. You can't dispute the facts so you attack the source and attempt repetitive shaming to overcome whatever it is that ails you should anyone dare to agree with her. That is truly disgusting.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Most of us get Islam and those who practice Islam do so in a widely diverse manner.

Most of you insist that you do "get it", but your posts continually prove that you do not.

Timeline

Only 1 convers where Muhammad came from.

The Islam history only states who gave it to Muhammad and that it preexisted. (possibly IMO but of course I am of Christian faith)

So in known history it is safe to say that it began for the current followers in Saudi Arabia but the Quran and possibly the religeon preexisted before Muhammed.

I also agree with the majority of the Muslim faith being Asian due to the growth and expansion of the religeon.

but must known acts of terrorists are committed by these few.

The first prophet of Islam is Adam. Muhammad is the last. Islam did not begin in Saudi Arabia, it was sealed there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you are not part of the solution, note yourself as part of the problem.

It amazes me that men claiming such noble education and intelligence stammer like boxed brained self righteous arrogant people. I find it hard to respect the opinion of those with such limited views and awareness.

I find many of these comments come from limited minds. Wake up people! Look out side of your box! As I see it you are a part of the problem, not part of any solution.....

"We MUST be the change we wish to see in the world."~Ghandi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The borders of the ME were designed by the West. The ME was their creation, and now they reject what they wrought. Their hands are not at all clean, and they are not innocent bystanders in its history.

So were the borders of USA, Canada and Mexico.

We have been very busy.

But then it is just not the British who have been involved.

I thought it was funny that they named the 911 Mosque project after Cordoba, the height of Muslim conquest. Well that and the gates of Vienna.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”