Eddie & Yana

Drive or Mail?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hello all, sorry, I'm just needing a little clarification because I'm a little confused after reading different things. Can I live in Nashville, TN, and my fiance lives in Thailand. I've made a huge packet up, and I was going to drive it to my Memphis USCIS office on Wednesday. Should I mail it to this Vermont place instead??? What's the procedure here. What will get things done the fastest (or has the most probability of doing so?) Thanks!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The direct filing address for K-1s is found here: USCIS Filing Address for K1 Link

The USCIS Dallas Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

Edit:: you can also find these same addresses in the instructions page 5 for I-129F.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

This is the fastest way to do it, and it's the correct location to send my package? My package is in one of those huge 2" binders, do I just package it up and ship it? Is one shipping method going to get it processed any faster? Would it be any faster to deliver it in person to Memphis, or do they not even accept them there??? Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do not drive it in.

You won't be allowed into the building, you've no appointment letter to show the security guards

and

'drop off' isn't allowed, anywhere in the USA.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thanks for the direct answer, I appreciate it.

Now, I just need to know: Is one faster than the other?

edit: and also, just to be absolutely clear, I mail the WHOLE package, right? The huge 2" binder...? Just want to be absolutely certain I'm getting it right :). Thanks for all the help!

edit2: And if I'm mailing it, do I just put the money order inside the binder???

Edited by Eddie & Yana

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Staple or paper clip the money order to the front page of the I-129F petition. Possibly you could staple or paper clip it to the cover page of the cover letter. They don't really need the 2" binder. They will take it all out, use an ACCO 2 hole punch and make their own file. Just slip it into a manila folder or entire package into a manila mailing envelope.

I do not understand the question "Is one faster than the other." There is no other because you cannot drive it over nor walk it in. All you can do is a) Mail it in or b) Fed Ex, DHL, UPS it in.

Good luck.

Naturalization N-400

Trying to get it there "faster" won't make any difference during the months long process. If it gets there a day or two earlier, it can still sit on a shelf for months before it's looked at. Send it whatever way is the cheapest but still certain. USPS is pretty good at that.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Trying to get it there "faster" won't make any difference during the months long process. If it gets there a day or two earlier, it can still sit on a shelf for months before it's looked at. Send it whatever way is the cheapest but still certain. USPS is pretty good at that.

Ain't that the truth!

I laugh at myself now for even wondering if I should send it USPS or FedEx/UPS. The 2 day difference in arrival at VSC has meant nothing in this 4-month ordeal..

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all, sorry, I'm just needing a little clarification because I'm a little confused after reading different things. Can I live in Nashville, TN, and my fiance lives in Thailand. I've made a huge packet up, and I was going to drive it to my Memphis USCIS office on Wednesday. Should I mail it to this Vermont place instead??? What's the procedure here. What will get things done the fastest (or has the most probability of doing so?) Thanks!!!

The latested instructions from the USCIS website show only a TX address.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Eddie - strongly suggest you 'wait a day' prior to mailing -

and during that day -

find out the exact address to send it in -

Things have changed recently, is now a lockbox address in Texas.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I highly suggest you find a copy of the I-129 instructions as every question you have asked here is answered there.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a10e4154d7b3d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD Go here, and click where it says Download instructions.

Edited by marlea

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Thanks for all the replies. I don't have any personal checks, but I could get a money order. Do I make it out to the place that I'm mailing it to, or just USPS?

You make it out to the United States Department of Homeland Security. I suggest you take a look at the guides and the instructions on the I-129F.

Timeline

huh? paying fee for the i-129F petition ! oh my - instructions say one thing, and it's not USPS.

Timeline

Thanks for all the replies, I'm sorry, I know that some of the things were covered in the guide, but I was confused by conflicting information that I had found in different places. I had read that I could mail it in, but I also thought that I could bring it in as well. Also, there were two different places for mailing it, so I didn't know if they had different processing times or not. I just wanted it to go as quickly as possible. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.