Amby

Anne Rice Quits Christianity

32 posts in this topic

Whatever happened to the notion that werewolves and vampires were savage and brutal creatures? FFS, they don't wear stripper glitter and alabaster makeup. Twilight and the Anne Rice books were pure ####### that led to the degradation of the concept of monsters.

Ahh don't get your knickers in a twist :P Twilight will come and go but there were always be stories about vampires and werewolves and whatnot. It's just a fad

And for that they must be put to sleep. I want my monsters to scare the f^ck out of me, I don't want to f^ck them.

Awww I'm surprised at you Maven! I prefer my stories with more substance, I honestly don't like chesticles being flashed every 10 seconds in a movie but how many thousands of movies/stories are there that's just female eye candy and nobody complains then. So many people hate on this series because it has become popular to but it is what it is - average. I've read worse and I've sure as hell read better but I don't know why everyone complains so much, it's just a fad. I say let the teen girls have their man candy, there are tons of books out there to read.

I recently discovered the realm of trashy novels. Out of curiosity I ordered one off Amazon because the title "His Wicked Ways" made me laugh - I read it cover to cover in 2 days it was so freaking funny. It read like a more adult version of girls shoujo "He's a bad guy!" "no! He's just misunderstood! And needs my love! I will save him" :lol:

mooglesmall2-1-1.jpgDelicioussig.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

She let the worst define Christianity??? Not all Christians are 'quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious'. Not all Christians are anti-gay, anti-science, anti-women, etc. That notion is ridiculous, and it seems to me that Anne Rice didn't understand what it actually means to be Christian.

Happy Bunny, you are right. Some people (possibly including Anne Rice) criticize Christianity without really understanding that which they criticize. I suppose that is Christianity's fault to some extent...many people's only exposure to Christianity is through the model/method of the 'TV Evangelist', which is not the best face of Christianity, unfortunately. Heck, if that was my only source of Christian inspiration/guideance then I'd have to quit Christianity also! :lol:

The Christian faith itself is quite beautiful...once understanding begins and you feel the positive effects in your life and lives of those around you.

Blessings to all,

B-ji

Edited by BishopM

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

The moral of Alexi's story notwithstanding, Beauty fails to become an obedient plaything, and the book closes with her being sentenced to brutal slavery in the neighboring village along with other failed slaves.

What a charming story :blink:

She doesn't "let" it. That implies passivity. She is actively seeking to define Christianity by its worst.

Well apart from the fact she looks like a hypocrite given the morbidity of some of her work, it's just her opinion. I very much doubt that she's influential in religion, what kind of person is she going to persuade away from the Christian faith with subjects like that?

I lived this controversy for close to 5 years with my ex-wife. First she joined SGI - a "Prosperity" Buddism "Philosophy", and then she later converted to Hindu. Pretty cool! :hehe:

Ken y Leidys’ Timeline

May 1, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-1)

Aug 4, 2009 - I-129 F (NOA-2)

Oct 7, 2009 - Bogota Interview

Oct 16, 2009 - Diomesa package arrived in downtown Barranquilla

Oct 20, 2009 - Leidys took bus to Diomesa Office to pick up Visa/Passport package because ("We don't deliver to your Barrio").

Nov 22, 2009 - POE (30 min.) Los Angeles, Intl.

Dec 27, 2009 - Wedding

March 8, 2010 - AOS NOA

April 8, 2010 - AOS BIO (in Riverside, CA)

May 11, 2010 - AOS AP

May 24, 2010 - AOS Interview

May 27, 2010 - AOS EAD May 27, 2010

Jun 18, 2010 - Green Card Received!

Apr 07, 2012 - ROC Filed

Oct 11, 2012 - ROC RFE

Jan 08, 2013 - CONDITIONS REMOVED!!!

VicFrndz.jpgBAQ+Taxi.jpgclubberz.jpgCumbiaz.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Doesn't seem like she's abandoning Christianity at all, rather, she's leaving the church. I'm not sure whether her muddling of the two concepts is intentional to make a point or not.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Big surprise.

Most thinking people would agree with her.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

I see this post as a direct shot across the bow of vj Christians.

I see this post as a direct and most vile attempt to bait and incite vj Christians.

I see their lack of response thus far as being in the best of traditions of forgiveness and am happy to see that someone on here knows how to turn the other cheek.

you should be ashamed of yourself for attacking Christians with this post, amby.

consider yourself reported.

#######? :blink:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

dont worry. apparently attacking christianity is ok on vj.

just dont post a pic of the so-called prophet.

Free speech is OK on VJ. Freedom OF religion can also mean freedom FROM Religion. Practice what you wish in your own home and church/synogoue/mosque...whatever. Just keep it to yourself.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

dont worry. apparently attacking christianity is ok on vj.

just dont post a pic of the so-called prophet.

why does aj hate amby?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!