jrmejia

K-1 August 2010 VSC filer

781 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

142 days :bonk:

I cant believe my 5 months are almost here - I can't believe how sane I feel after 14 months away from my other 1/2..trying my best not to :girlwerewolf2xn:

event.png

One look

One smile

One touch

One embrace

One kiss

One love

Two people

Two minds

Two souls

Two destinies

One road

One journey

One ending

Together

358272338v5_240x240_Front.jpg20821470_125x125.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

142 days :bonk:

I cant believe my 5 months are almost here - I can't believe how sane I feel after 14 months away from my other 1/2..trying my best not to :girlwerewolf2xn:

I know what you mean. Our 5 months is up this week and 1 year since I was with my SO. How I wish we hear something soon, it's making feel sick. I have been fairly calm and patient throughout the whole process, but now I just wish it was all over and we can settle down together...sigh.

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i know a few random august approvals have come through, but i think the first batch of august k-1 approvals from vsc will come on jan 24rd, i.e. we will see more than 1 approval in that day. that's my unscientific guess. what do u think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Meanwhile On Igor's list there is a couple that filed in December and got their NOA2 on the 10th. What a wonderful system they have. :blink:

08-07-10 | I129-F Sent

08-17-10 | NOA1 Received

10-03-10 | Touched

02-03-11 | RFE hardcopy received (AWESOME!!)

03-06-11 | RFE response sent overnight

03-14-11 | USCIS received RFE response

04-04-11 | Contacted senator

04-14-11 | NOA2 Received (241 Days from NOA1 or 7 months, 29 days)

04-22-11 | NVC Sent Package to China

05-16-11 | Guangzhou Consulate received Package from NVC

06-05-11 | P4 Received

06-15-11 | Medical Exam

06-16-11 | Handed in documents to consulate

06-17-11 | Interview Passed

06-23-11 | Visa in hand

06-28-11 | Expected Arrival in New York

08-24-11 | Tied the knot

12-15-11 | Biometrics Taken for AOS

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i know a few random august approvals have come through, but i think the first batch of august k-1 approvals from vsc will come on jan 24rd, i.e. we will see more than 1 approval in that day. that's my unscientific guess. what do u think?

I hope our unscientific or your guesstimate is correct :)

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Meanwhile On Igor's list there is a couple that filed in December and got their NOA2 on the 10th. What a wonderful system they have. :blink:

For both CSC and VSC there were such filers. If you look, you will see they were BOTH sponsoring a fiancée from Cuba. My guess is that the Federal government (Congressperson) helped those substantially. For the average Joe or Jane, we do the waiting game.

Kevin

event.png

08/14/2010 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX address for USPS Express Mail

08/16/2010 Packet forwarded to Dallas, TX

08/18/2010 Arrived at Dallas location (signed for by T GRIMMELT)

08/19/2010 NOA1

08/23/2010 Touched

08/23/2010 Received NOA1 hardcopy

08/25/2010 Touch #2

08/26/2010 Touch #3

10/03/2010 Touch again.... (hopefully moving to the adjudicators desk :-)

01/31/2011 NOA2

02/08/2011 Petition forwarded to Manila by the NVC

02/09/2011 Letter from NVC sent telling us the Case Number

02/17/2011 Visa Fee paid, interview scheduled

02/28/2011 Medical, Day 1

03/01/2011 Medical, Day 2 (Passed!)

03/14/2011 Interview, PASSED!!!!!

03/19/2011 Visa received (SHOCKINGLY fast!)

?????????? CFO Seminar

04/08/2011 POE Detroit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

according to my timeline:

*Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between January 27, 2011 and February 3, 2011*.

So I will wait until after Feb 3rd to make any noise!

Edited by rickrock

Timeline

according to my timeline:

*Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between January 27, 2011 and February 3, 2011*.

So I will wait until after Feb 3rd to make any noise!

And just below that it says-

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

Jan. 11 is past due, according to your timeline.

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

It says if the date RANGE has passed. It hasn't.

:oops:

I was just looking at the 'or your application is past due per USCIS processing times'. I guess you don't mind waiting.

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: Timeline

And just below that it says-

If this date range has passed or your application is past due per USCIS processing times then you should consider calling the USCIS to inquire on your petition. If you have been approved please update your timeline.

Jan. 11 is past due, according to your timeline.

rickrock, like joyjoy is saying, you were past due on Jan 11th, you can call the uscis now to inquire if you choose.

rickrock, like joyjoy is saying, you were past due on Jan 11th, you can call the uscis now to inquire if you choose.

This is wrong information.

VJ says that you can call after your DATE RANGE has passed. However, my estimated adjudication date came and went and I wasn't even at my five month mark yet. Calling USCIS wouldn't have done anything for me.

Only call when you reach your five month mark, which I believe the OP has. Even then, it may or may not help seeing as people are waiting nearly six months and they will likely be told to call back in 30 days.

That timeline is solely based on other VJ members getting approvals. Don't read too much into it.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: Timeline

This is wrong information.

VJ says that you can call after your DATE RANGE has passed. However, my estimated adjudication date came and went and I wasn't even at my five month mark yet. Calling USCIS wouldn't have done anything for me.

Only call when you reach your five month mark, which I believe the OP has. Even then, it may or may not help seeing as people are waiting nearly six months and they will likely be told to call back in 30 days.

That timeline is solely based on other VJ members getting approvals. Don't read too much into it.

Wrong information?? Did you look at rickrocks NOA1 date?

Dont read into that timeline too much...it really has no bearing on your case being adjudicated or not...it's merely created from other peoples petitions being approved.

Very true. It is telling, though, that the OP is past the fifth month mark and their estimated adjudication date is still a few weeks away. Six months seems to be the new norm.

Wrong information?? Did you look at rickrocks NOA1 date?

I attempted to edit that out once I checked the NOA1 date, but the boards wouldn't let me for some reason. The OP could call USCIS, but like I said, they will likely be told to wait another month before calling back.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.