W@M

No K! case activity

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I filed 2/13/10 noa 2/24/10 no touches nada zip still waiting filed i129 and i130 spousal visa talk about waiting be patient sit back and relax I know my wife won't be here until next feb at the earliest

Could you work up yer official VJ timeline over at http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=88053 ?? Purty please, with steamed dumplings on top ?

Mostly, anyone hoping for a K-3 visa will have their hopes dashed on or about the 2nd week of both petitions arriving at NVC. The I-129F (for that K-3) will be administratively closed, and you'll need to do some NVC processing.

Some light reading for any K-3 'hopefuls' -

Comparison on K-3 vs CR-1 - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/204324-wondering-if-i-made-a-mistake-marrying-in-us/page__view__findpost__p__3060767

K-3 administratively closed - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

---

Any children involved? Hoping for K-4? Ouch - you'll need to file I-130 almost immediately - see http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/255138-k3-k4-visa-converted-to-cr-1-by-national-visa-center/page__p__3918125#entry3918125 and note the timing , is still possible to get expedite on the child's / children's I-130 petitions, based on 'where you are' in the process.

---

W@M - my apologies for hijaaking yer thread with this response. Sure - K-1 isn't CR-1, etc etc, but hei !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I have seen many people who have submitted their cases to CSC in June have many "touches". My concern is that it has almost been a month since the last update on my case was posted and I have yet to have a "touched" event. My NOA1 was dated on 6/29/2010 and my last update was 7/7/2010. Should I be worried or just forget about the lack of activity?

Our NOA1 was april 27th. it was more than 3 months before we got our first (and to date, only) touch. still no approval. some get approval and never have a touch. it's normal.

April 23 2010 -- I-129f sent

April 27 2010 -- check cashed, NOA1 dated

Aug 2, 2010 -- touched

Aug 13, 2010 -- date of NOA2, I-129F approved

Aug 17, 2010 -- NVC sent application to embassy

Sept 2, 2010 -- Medical

Sept 7, 2010 -- Receive checklist from embassy

Sept 7, 2010 -- Hand-deliver packet to embassy

Sept 30, 2010 -- Receive notice of interview date

Oct. 4, 2010 -- Interview!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We sent our I-130 to CSC in November 2009, and have had only one "touch" since then - after the phone inquiry about the case outside normal processing time (5 month + 3 days). We got our NOA2 a week after the "touch", but on the USCIS site our case is still "on Initial Review" (for two months after NOA2 by now). So, I would not personally trust their website now since its information is often out of date.

Edited by Alan-and-Ira

as1cEZk002B0510MDA0NDZzfDAwMDEyNjdsfFNpbmNlIG91ciB3ZWRkaW5n.gif

08-04-06 Met online

12-06-07 Filed I-129F with VSC

01-29-09 Interview; Case returned back to USCIS for 'further review'

03-21-09 FOIA Request sent (got "we have no records on your case" in respond)

07-08-09 Civil marriage; 07-11-09 Church marriage

11-14-09 I-130 Sent to CSC

11-25-09 Check Cashed by USCIS!

11-28-09 NOA1 hard copy received by snail-mail (dated 11-23-09)

04-30-10 Phone request about case outside the normal processing time

05-05-10 Hard copy letter from VSC about closure the previous petition (dated 04-05-10)

05-18-10 NOA2 hard copy received (by snail-mail)!

06-01-10 NVC case accepted

06-07-10 I-864 bill paid

06-14-10 IV bill paid

07-12-10 I-864 & DS-230 sent to NVC

07-21-10 I-864 & DS-230 received according to AVR

07-23-10 Medical (completed)

08-18-10 SIF, CC @ NVC - Thank You, LORD!

10-14-10 Planned Interview date

10-12-10 Interview cancelled

10-15-10 MRI; Brain tumour

10-19-10 Surgery. Alive

Thank You, LORD!

Love is patient...

united-states-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gifukraine-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Chazzie, your my measurement! you and I have almost exactly the same NOA1 and almost the same last touch....I keep dreaming the NOA2 will come next week.....Maybe your case and my case are sitting on the same person's desk!

Im glad to be your measurement, whoever NOA2 comes 1st we know for sure yours or mine will be next!:blush:

I'll get mine the week of August 16...:whistle: you'll see!:yes:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Things move faster for different couples I suppose. We submitted our application on 6/23 and got a letter from the consulate saying they received the app today! Fingers crossed that you will hear something soon :)

Generally there are touches early on and then no movement for months. The USCIS has been going through a lot of changes over the past few years. Years ago it was well known that the Vermont center was the quickest, but that was when there were four service centers processing K-1 applications. For a while it was only CSC but it now appears that with Vermont back on line they are ready to assume the leadership role for fastest processing. I would not expect this to last.

The reason your case is not coming up is because you cannot check the status of a k1 thru the automated system. The automated system is for immigrant visas, and technically a k1 is a nonimmigrant visa. You need to talk with a live person. When you get thru, select 2, then 1, then 5 to speak with someone and they should be able to help you. Your case is probably already at the embassy. Good Luck!!

Thank you mandyu1

That was the info that worked. The email that i sent to USCIS did some good to now they updated the web access there to.

our K1 is still at the NVC I called the embassy to see if i could setup a interview date, they would not let me, said they

had it in there system now but have not received the hard copy yet, she said call back in two to four weeks, right, I will

be calling again on monday, had a problem trying to get a pin number from the embassy they did not like my credit card finaly

tried a check card that i had never used before and it worked.

Thanks for everyones help on the VJ site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Thank you mandyu1

That was the info that worked. The email that i sent to USCIS did some good to now they updated the web access there to.

our K1 is still at the NVC I called the embassy to see if i could setup a interview date, they would not let me, said they

had it in there system now but have not received the hard copy yet, she said call back in two to four weeks, right, I will

be calling again on monday, had a problem trying to get a pin number from the embassy they did not like my credit card finaly

tried a check card that i had never used before and it worked.

Thanks for everyones help on the VJ site!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your welcome, glad I could help :)

If the embassy doesn't have your case on Monday I would call NVC again and ask if it was sent yet. If they say no, ask them if you are in AP. I just spent 3 weeks in AP @ NVC. Typically K1's just fly thru NVC in a couple of days, but for some reason some are being pulled at random for additional checks or verification of documents. Good Luck!!

~ Our Journey ~

10/27/09 - Met online

04/21/10 - Travel to Egypt to meet in person

05/08/10 - Sent I-129F

05/10/10 - VSC receives I-129F

05/11/10 - NOA1

05/13/10 - Touched

05/14/10 - Touched

05/17/10 - Received NOA1 in the mail

07/06/10 - NOA2 - Approved!!!! :)

07/12/10 - Received NOA2 in the mail

07/13/10 - Received at NVC

07/16/10 - NVC changes embassy per our request

07/19/10 - Told we are in AP @ NVC

07/30/10 - Case sent to Cairo embassy

08/05/10 - Case received at embassy

09/07/10 - Received packet 3 - FINALLY!!!

09/15-10 - 2nd trip to Egypt, returned home on 10/5/10

12/14/10 - Received interview date

01/09/11 - 3rd trip to Egypt

01/12/11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!...but AP

01/24/11 - Returned to the states without my habibi :(

04/06/11 - AP was completed!! :)

05/10/11 - Visa has been issued!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have seen many people who have submitted their cases to CSC in June have many "touches". My concern is that it has almost been a month since the last update on my case was posted and I have yet to have a "touched" event. My NOA1 was dated on 6/29/2010 and my last update was 7/7/2010. Should I be worried or just forget about the lack of activity?

Touches mean nothing. Most cases are never "touched"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I thought that, just relax and let it things take it's course. Being in the state of limbo waiting for what seems like forever for a reply is very taxing. Seen a couple of people who submitted in early June get their NOA2's in early August so I am being hopeful right now :) Question out there for those who have already filled their I-134's. I might have a chance for a career change in the near future but I am a little bit worried about changing jobs right now (been with my current employer a little over 3 years) to go into a new job. Would making such a change be wise right now or should I wait until after the she's gotten her visa and make the change? Thank you for your wisdom.

Wayne

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.