syd88

Proposed Civil Partnership/ Fiancee visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Hello, New here...just signed up today. HELLO EVERYONE!!!! I'm Sarah

I am in DESPERATE need of some help. Me and my Fiancé and about to start this process and I am so confused about how the Fiancée visa all works. If anyone could please please help me out it would be much appreciated.

As of right now my fiancé and I halted on applying for the Fiance visa because I was told a decent amount of money to prove she can support me would have to be in the bank account for 3 months. Well it hasn’t been there for 3 months because I had no idea this needed to happen and she had previous trips planned. Is that fact true does it need to be in there 3 months? And what is the amount they look for? I figured better to have more in her account than in mine, we both work full time at the moment, although I make more than she does. The problem we are having is with the income she makes (which is small, bad economy in England) would not be much, but with what I make now (and also a 10k car I will be selling once the visa is approved) is that going to bode badly with immigration? We a slightly worried that they will see she makes a smaller amount and not take what I have into account. Obviously after the 6 months I will immediately start work, should I mention this in the Visa application. I wire her a little money every time I get paid to help out.

We just now got a place which we put as our new address on the application but I am quite worried that they will think she can’t support me financially, which between her and me we can. Any suggestions, I already got a 1500 loan from family (exchange rate aside). Also will it help a lot of we have a family members from both sides writing a letter stating they will be our co sponsor and help us out financially?

Right now we are very stressed with getting all the documents together, worried about the money problem, how likely is it to be denied. We want more than anything to be able to have a life together and its so hard being apart as well as knowing that our fate is in someone else’s hands. I have a bunch of questions about the application itself and the whole process of what to do after the application is completed and ready to turn in. If what we heard about the 3 months is true that’s another 5 months we have to go through before we even have an answer (3 months of waiting then 2 months of waiting for the application)

We are very scared and I have never done this before and would GREATLY appreciate some help. It seems that if I ask an immigration lawyer for help even if it is just a few questions they just want your money. I’m desperate at this point, please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You are two women, right? If so, you won't get a fiancee or spousal visa to the USA anytime soon. Can you look into moving to another country?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

Hello, New here...just signed up today. HELLO EVERYONE!!!! I'm Sarah

I am in DESPERATE need of some help. Me and my Fiancé and about to start this process and I am so confused about how the Fiancée visa all works. If anyone could please please help me out it would be much appreciated.

As of right now my fiancé and I halted on applying for the Fiance visa because I was told a decent amount of money to prove she can support me would have to be in the bank account for 3 months. Well it hasn't been there for 3 months because I had no idea this needed to happen and she had previous trips planned. Is that fact true does it need to be in there 3 months? And what is the amount they look for? I figured better to have more in her account than in mine, we both work full time at the moment, although I make more than she does. The problem we are having is with the income she makes (which is small, bad economy in England) would not be much, but with what I make now (and also a 10k car I will be selling once the visa is approved) is that going to bode badly with immigration? We a slightly worried that they will see she makes a smaller amount and not take what I have into account. Obviously after the 6 months I will immediately start work, should I mention this in the Visa application. I wire her a little money every time I get paid to help out.

We just now got a place which we put as our new address on the application but I am quite worried that they will think she can't support me financially, which between her and me we can. Any suggestions, I already got a 1500 loan from family (exchange rate aside). Also will it help a lot of we have a family members from both sides writing a letter stating they will be our co sponsor and help us out financially?

Right now we are very stressed with getting all the documents together, worried about the money problem, how likely is it to be denied. We want more than anything to be able to have a life together and its so hard being apart as well as knowing that our fate is in someone else's hands. I have a bunch of questions about the application itself and the whole process of what to do after the application is completed and ready to turn in. If what we heard about the 3 months is true that's another 5 months we have to go through before we even have an answer (3 months of waiting then 2 months of waiting for the application)

We are very scared and I have never done this before and would GREATLY appreciate some help. It seems that if I ask an immigration lawyer for help even if it is just a few questions they just want your money. I'm desperate at this point, please help.

All this process is VERY stressful I'm pretty sure that all the people over VJ's site could say the same...well you have to read and get informed that's the only way to know how this process works, so here are some links that might help you...after you read and read and read just keep on asking questions over here :blush:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1tips

http://www.visajourney.com/content/support

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=640a3e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

:guides:

God bless

Patty ♥

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

The Petitioner (US citizen) just has to prove that they can support the Benefiary, if they cannot it's no big deal as long as you have a co-sponsor with an income above poverty level.

We are using my Dad as a Co-Sponsor since the Irish economy is in the tank (so much so that we've had to move in with his mother until the visa goes through).

Everything I've read says the average wait time is 5 months but I've noticed quite a few timelines on here that show it took less than that (I'm crossing my fingers we're one of those cases :) ).

Most people on here go through the process without a lawyer which I too was a little scared to do at first since I had so many questions but the people on this site are very helpful so not to worry. At first it's going to seem very overwhelming but it's not so bad once you get started. Just ask if you need help :)

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

Ooh sorry I didn't even notice you were a same sex couple. Yeah I'm pretty sure the others are right, K-1 Visas aren't yet available for same sex couples :unsure:

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent :------------------2010-07-28

I-129F NOA1 :----------------2010-08-05

Transferred to CSC:--------2010-08-10

I-129F NOA2 :----------------2011-01-04

NVC Left :----------------------2011-01-19

Consulate Received :------2011-01-25

Packet 3 Received :---------2011-01-27

Packet 3 Sent :---------------2011-01-27

Packet 4 Received :---------2011-02-17

Interview Date :---------------2011-02-24

Visa Received :---------------2011-03-07

Flight: March 10th 2011!

Married: March 22nd 2011!

AOS

AOS Packet sent :------------2011-04-28

NOA1 :---------------------------2011-05-04

I-485 RFE :---------------------2011-05-16

Biometrics letter : ------------2011-05-23

Biometrics Walk-In :---------2011-05-26

RFE Response :--------------2011-05-31

Transferred to CSC :--------2011-06-14

EAD Approved :---------------2011-06-24

AP Approved :-----------------2011-06-28

EAD / AP Received :--------2011-07-02

AOS Approved :---------------2011-08-04

Hi Sarah - I am guessing by the title of your post and also that in your post you mention a period of not working for six months that you (the USC) are looking to emigrate to the UK? The previous posters are correct that the US has no provision for immigration for same sex couples but the UK does so that's probably the best solution for you.

Unfortunately this board really specializes in US immigration so I don't think there are many people here who will be able to help with advice on the financial requirements for UK immigration but good luck with everything.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Sorry I forgot to state:

Same sex marriage/civil partnership

I would be moving to england where is is legal, moving out of US

Have done soooo much research but still need advice from the questions I stated in my first post

We are applying for the civil partnership/ Fiancee visa to the UK

Sorry I forgot to state:

Same sex marriage/civil partnership

I would be moving to england where is is legal, moving out of US

Have done soooo much research but still need advice from the questions I stated in my first post

Have you tried this site? http://www.uk-yankee.com/ they know more about immigration that direction (US to Uk)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This portal focus on 'foreign country' to the USA.

Yer coming in the opposite direction -

Not sure if VJ is the right online portal for you?

Good Luck with all !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Chile
Timeline

I didn't even notice you were a same sex couple. K-1 Visas aren't yet available for same sex couples plus your talking about moving to UK this is not the site you need to search on

xQPW.jpg

For with God nothing will be impossible

Luke 1:37

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.