AAAwww

30 days and still NOA

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi guys, my fiance and I are almost at the 30 day mark and still havent received our first NOA. USIC said to call at back at 30 days but i was just wondering if anyone knows what the process will be from here. Are they able to search my fiances name or social security number in the system to see if anything has happened and perhaps we just havent received the letter??? Thanks everyone

Hi guys, my fiance and I are almost at the 30 day mark and still havent received our first NOA. USIC said to call at back at 30 days but i was just wondering if anyone knows what the process will be from here. Are they able to search my fiances name or social security number in the system to see if anything has happened and perhaps we just havent received the letter??? Thanks everyone

hi one of my friend here in VJ had the same experience like yours, and when they call the USCIS they found out that the USCIS already sent the NOA1 but it was lost in the mail, they were given another paper but its not the usual noa1... but still the case no. was there and the name of the petitioner.. i just dont remember if the USCIS sent it on the mail or its only a fax... :blush::blush: :blush:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

The same thing happened to us when we filed our K-1 in April. I never did get a NOA 1 letter of reciept. I called and they said that I should receive it before 30 days from filing. The letter never came in the mail. Either it was lost in the mail, mailed to the wrong address or never mailed. We will never know. They will not issue a replacement NOA 1 letter.

I paid the K-1 filing fee with a bank cashiers check. When the USCIS deposited my check into their account, they put our case number on the back of the check to post it to the correct applicant account. I called my bank and had them read me the case number from the back of the check. Then I signed up on USCIS site for online case status. I registered and used my case number and it shows the case status somewhat.

From what i have noticed, the online status is not 100% accurate and up to date. It does not appear to be directly linked to the actual case in their system. Some have their NOA 2 letter in the mail and the online status still will say Initial Review.

Hope this information helps.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They will probably use your fiance's Alien Registration Number.

How would they know what the number is? A beneficiary of a K-1 petition that has just been filed does not have one yet

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

That's true, I didn't consider that. It's been a while... but like pemac said, if the fees were paid via cheque, then the case number should be written on the back. If you somehow obtain this number, then you will be able to quote it to the person on the helpline.

Sadly, now that they are sending the packets to Texas for the intake, the case numbers are no longer on the backs of the checks.

K-1

I-129F NOA1 : June 1, 2010

I-129F NOA2 : June 28, 2010

Interview Date : Sept 28, 2010

Wedding: Apr 16, 2011

AOS

Approved : July 25, 2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Thanks guys, my fiance sent a Walmart money order and they told him that they cant check to see if it has been cashed or not because he didnt keep the cheque number ( =/ ). Hopefully the NoA has just been lost in the mail and not the other way around. Our 30 days is tomorrow. Wish us luck!

For sure the wait is the hardest part. As I mentioned in another post, we did not get a NOA 1 in the mail at all. After 2 weeks I called the 800 number to inquire. The person asked my case number and I told them I did not have it since i did not get the NOA 1 in the mail. The person asked my name and did a search and found nothing. Asked my home address and found nothing. Asked my Fiancee's name and address and found nothing. I was thinking maybe we do not exist there but I did have proof of delivery of the application at the VSC. I asked what to do and was told that if I paid by check and the check had been cashed I could get the case number from the back of it. Then I was told that they have 30 days to wait for the NOA 1 and if I did not have it after 30 days then I could call back.

I called the bank and they gave me the case number from my cashiers check and they mailed me a photo copy of it to my house. I used the case number and went online and registered for online case status and it found me. It said my case was received April 12th and was in initial review. It was strange to me that earlier in the day I could not be located in the system through name or address but with my case number we did exist. That brought a smile to my face. After 32 days I called back and stated that I never received my NOA 1 in the mail. I was told that it must have gotten lost and that they Do Not mail out duplicate NOA 1 letters. I was told that it was only a receipt and that I did not need it. As long as I had the case number, I was fine. I did mention that in reading the online status, it mentions that a receipt letter was mailed to me and that I was to follow any special instructions listed on the letter. I asled, if I never got the NOA 1 letter and there were special instructions listed there, how was I to know if there was anything I was directed to be doing. The person went into my file and said No There Is No Special Instruction Request In Your File. I accepted that and decided I had no choice but to wait so I became a professional waiter.

After seeing so many other cases getting approved much faster than ours and most all of them were sent after ours by over one month, it made me wonder if our case got lost in the tunnel. I still waited and checked my email and online status about a hundred times each day. My Fiancee would ask a few times each day if i had any news yet and I had to say sadly No Babe, Not Yet. After 114 days we are still waiting. Our online status still says Initial Review. I also sent an email request and received a reply that said. Your Case Is In Review. You Should Receive Information Within 5 Months Of Filing. Thank You.

On July 23rd I went online and made an Info Pass Appointment here at the Houston Office. I was scheduled that day at noon and went to the appointment. I took a number and waited in the waiting area. After 1.5 hours I was called to the window. I was asked what they could do for me and i basically explained all that I have typed here. She asked what I wanted her to do and I said..........expedite our case. She laughed and said I Wish I Could but I have no authority to do that. Then she said she will put in a request to update. She wrote a number on a sticky and gave it to me. She said that is your request number I made for you. I requested that they reply to you by mail before August 28th, 2010. I thanked her and left. In my mind I was wondering if it would bring a reply from them. On Monday August 2nd, 2010 I did get a letter from USCIS in the mail. It said we received your case on April 12th, 2010. Your case is under review. You should receive a decision within 60 days of this letter. If you do not receive a decision by that time, call the 800 number.

The date of 60 days after the date of the letter will be about 2 weeks after the 5 month filing time. I gues I have done all I can think of to do. There is nothing left to do but wait.

Sorry for the long message. Hope you enjoyed our story.

Tomorrow is my Birthday and it would be AWESOME to have a NOA 2 letter in my mailbox for my 50th Birthday.

Paul

An update to my earlier post here on this topic.

After 15 long weeks of waiting and having no "touches" on our case since April 12th, 2010 we finally received a text and an email today saying that our K-1 Fiancee Visa is APPROVED. The email said the letter was mailed on August 5th, 2010. I hope to have the NOA 2 approval letter in my home mail by next Friday August 13th, 2010. I also logged on to the online case status and checked it. It was "touched" today and changed to Post Decision Activity. We are so happy that this part of the journey is over. We are not done yet and we know we still have time for the other processes to be completed but we are one step closer.

We now have to wait on the actual letter and then the approval and letter from The NVC.

I also want to add that the date of the approval letter being mailed is noted in the email and also in the online status as August 5th. That is the date of my 50th Birthday. I got my birthday wish and it was an awesome birthday gift.

Do not give up. True the wait will drive you nuts and make you thing you were lost in a hole somewhere. When it is your time, it is your time.

Paul & Theresa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

After 15 long weeks of waiting and having no "touches" on our case since April 12th, 2010 we finally received a text and an email today saying that our K-1 Fiancee Visa is APPROVED. The email said the letter was mailed on August 5th, 2010. I hope to have the NOA 2 approval letter in my home mail by next Friday August 13th, 2010. I also logged on to the online case status and checked it. It was "touched" today and changed to Post Decision Activity. We are so happy that this part of the journey is over. We are not done yet and we know we still have time for the other processes to be completed but we are one step closer.

We now have to wait on the actual letter and then the approval and letter from The NVC.

I also want to add that the date of the approval letter being mailed is noted in the email and also in the online status as August 5th. That is the date of my 50th Birthday. I got my birthday wish and it was an awesome birthday gift.

Do not give up. True the wait will drive you nuts and make you thing you were lost in a hole somewhere. When it is your time, it is your time.

Paul & Theresa

Great news. Congratulations! :dance:

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Paul & Theresa

Congratulations!!!!

7-30-07 - Met in Santa Marta, Colombia

9-19-08 - Engaged

7-13-10 - I-129F sent by USPS Expressmail to VSC;

10-18-10 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!! (Received in hand 10-22-10)

11-12-10 - Sent email to Embassy asking about petition; response "Petition rec'd; send in documents"; sent same day

11-24-10 - Called the Department of State; interview has been scheduled

11-29-10 - Package 3 received by beneficiary

01-19-11 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

01-27-11 - Passport received; visa in hand

02-08-11 - POE - Fort Lauderdale, Fla MISSED FLIGHT; 02-10-11 - POE second time's the charm. Easy POE. Welcome to the USA.

03-04-11 - Married

AOS

05-08-11 - Mailed out I-485, I-765 & I-131;

05-16-11 - Text & email msgs with Receipt Number

05-17-11 - Applied for Expedited AP as Victoria's mother was very ill; 05-18-11 - Picked up AP document

05-20-11 - Victoria returns to Colombia; NOA1 for all 3 forms arrive

06-03-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE 06-07-11 - RFE arrives for 2010 Tax Return

06-08-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Post Office returned a letter that was sent by USCIS; 06-09-11 - Issue resolved

06-14-11 - RFE response sent; 06-21-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; RFE response under review

06-29-11 - Text message "Case now updated"; Case transferred to CSC

08-30-11 - Victoria returns to US

08-31-11 - Biometrics done; Text message - "EAD Card Production ordered"

09-11 - Case transferred back from CSC

11-22-11 - Interview in Albany Field Office. AOS APPROVED.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.