SMR

Article on Russian marriage fraud:

56 posts in this topic

No harm done, I can understand all of you being frustrated with people putting you down for your choice of spouse. In the end it is your choice and if you two are happy it isn't for anyone to judge. I also get tired of people questioning my choice in marrying a woman from the U.S. when they know nothing about my wife. I didn't marry her because of where she is from, it just happened, I saw her and said this is who I will marry. As for Lebanon, the only thing I can tell you about it is that it is more like a European country than a middle eastern country, the people just happen to speak Arabic. Even though there are religious fanatics most of the people aren't that way. Like any country in the east (or old world) it is full of contradictions, hate, weird traditions, and ancient grudges.

Appreciate the response. There are some fairly sharp critical comments made about American gals on this forum at times. Personally I have no beef with American women (no pun), and believe there are good people everywhere. My match just happens to hail from Ukraine, and I won't get into all the cultural and other things that I find attractive about her or her country. As you can see, some of us are irritated with the entire female population of Ukraine or Eastern Europe being put down. If you have a problem with any one in particular, why not direct your posts at them?

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

play nice - and it might be a good idea to stop using the word hijacking.

Sorry Charles, but I need to use the word "hijacking" again because there is somebody in the RUB forum who likes to hijack every thread for his personal judgmental and conceited rants. It is impossible for him not to show the world how perfect everything is in his life and how wrong everybody else is. It is sickening, to say the least.

I am married to a Russian woman and some times I also feel sorry for her ... why?

1) she left her family and friends behind just to be with me

2) she's not able to get a job because she speaks "differently"

3) she has only me to depend on in a country where many people are only motivated by greed

4) she's living alone (just with me) in a country where many people hate immigrants (an old man heard her speak and told her to go back to her country)

Yes! She made a huge sacrifice to be here, because she wanted to be with me. I am proud of her for being so brave, but at the same time I am sorry for putting her through so much grief. This is not the most friendly country in the world and the thread hijacker is a clear example of the intolerant attitude of many here.

Words are not an insult unless people let them be so. Words are just words unless offense is taken by the reader (or listener). The only insult I saw in this thread was when somebody dared to call a group of people "terrorists." But that person can get away with it, because he is perfect.

So Charles, I apologize again for using the word, but I am sick of thread hijackers.

I recommend those who feel alluded to answer the following questions:

Do you think you're the best at everything?

No

Yes

Are you really the best?

No

Yes

Do you think you're hot?

No

Yes

Are you the most popular out of all your friends?

No

Yes

Do you think you're the prettiest?

No

Yes

Do you think everything is your idea?

No

Yes

Do you have to have everything your way?

No

Yes

Do you get your way?

No

Yes

Do people tell you you're concieted?

No

Yes

Do alot of people hate you?

No

Yes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Are those questions for our FSU female counterparts? If so, I see almost most of them being yesses...

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry Charles, but I need to use the word "hijacking" again because there is somebody in the RUB forum who likes to hijack every thread for his personal judgmental and conceited rants. It is impossible for him not to show the world how perfect everything is in his life and how wrong everybody else is. It is sickening, to say the least.

I am married to a Russian woman and some times I also feel sorry for her ... why?

1) she left her family and friends behind just to be with me

2) she's not able to get a job because she speaks "differently"

3) she has only me to depend on in a country where many people are only motivated by greed

4) she's living alone (just with me) in a country where many people hate immigrants (an old man heard her speak and told her to go back to her country)

Yes! She made a huge sacrifice to be here, because she wanted to be with me. I am proud of her for being so brave, but at the same time I am sorry for putting her through so much grief. This is not the most friendly country in the world and the thread hijacker is a clear example of the intolerant attitude of many here.

Words are not an insult unless people let them be so. Words are just words unless offense is taken by the reader (or listener). The only insult I saw in this thread was when somebody dared to call a group of people "terrorists." But that person can get away with it, because he is perfect.

So Charles, I apologize again for using the word, but I am sick of thread hijackers.

I recommend those who feel alluded to answer the following questions:

Do you think you're the best at everything?

No

Yes

Are you really the best?

No

Yes

Do you think you're hot?

No

Yes

Are you the most popular out of all your friends?

No

Yes

Do you think you're the prettiest?

No

Yes

Do you think everything is your idea?

No

Yes

Do you have to have everything your way?

No

Yes

Do you get your way?

No

Yes

Do people tell you you're concieted?

No

Yes

Do alot of people hate you?

No

Yes

She is indeed a brave woman and I feel sorry for her.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Are those questions for our FSU female counterparts? If so, I see almost most of them being yesses...

I agree!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

:lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I love my American husbandy better than any other men in the whole universe other than my DAd,haha but thats different:))))

A definite YES to all of the above! :thumbs:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

uh oh!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

At $17,000 a pop and then only a year in prison... I think this dude did alright!

On second thought, like most folks from FSU, they probably found all the money in his sock drawer.

ROFLOL, its such a stereotype but its soooooo true ! :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.