SMR

Article on Russian marriage fraud:

56 posts in this topic

I feel sorry for the poor Russian women who married the American men.

:lol: Thanks for the drive-by. Was your comment about the article at all, or just a general statement? Did you READ the article?

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I feel sorry for the poor Russian women who married the American men.

Who do you think gets more grief in our relationships?? It's enjoyable grief mind you, most of the time. ;)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

:lol: Thanks for the drive-by. Was your comment about the article at all, or just a general statement? Did you READ the article?

Yes I did read the article and my comment was not about the article, it was towards the previous poster talking about the life sentence with American woman. I don't like when people are all generalized into one stereotype because of where they are from. I am Arab from Lebanon, does being Arab mean I am a suicide bomber or terrorist? My uncle in Lebanon is married to a woman from Ukraine and she has done nothing but cause his immediate family and extended family grief and anxiety, but I know not all women from Ukraine are this way. On the other hand my wife is American, I met her while on business in Shenzhen. I was at a trade show and she was working as an English teacher. Much to everyones surprise she is a beautiful caring woman, wife to me, and mother to our 2 year old daughter.

I-751 Timeline

ROC sent 6-12-2010

Package received by CSC 6-14-2010

NOA sent 6-14-2010

Check Cashed 6-16-2010

NOA received 6-21-2010

Biometrics letter received 7-6-2010 dated 7-01-2010

Biometrics appointment 7-23-2010

Touched 7-23-2010

Touched 7-26-2010

Interview letter recieved 10-13-2010

Interview date 11-5-2010

Approved and approval letter given at interview 11-5-2010

Waiting on card now

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You don't come around these parts often. We're all pretty thick skinned with an extra padding of sarcasm on top for good measure.

This thread will soon degrade into something, which will degrade into something else, which will probably then get a mod in here to scold some people, then it'll be locked because we don't listen to good.

So... Will your wife trust you to pack your childs backback someday? :innocent:

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

So... Will your wife trust you to pack your childs backback someday? :innocent:

:rofl:

I-751 Timeline

ROC sent 6-12-2010

NOA sent 6-14-2010

Check Cashed 6-16-2010

NOA received 6-21-2010

Touched 7-23-2010

Touched 7-26-2010

Interview date 11-5-2010

Waiting on card now

Brad's comment about a drive-by hit the nail on the head. Anyone that visit's the RUB is always in for a rough going. I guess my :rofl: didn't sink in. But then, his personal family experience with a Ukrainian woman probably clouds his judgment. If you can't handle generalizations, get out of the RUB. Maybe we need more guns and pies again. :bonk:

Yes I did read the article and my comment was not about the article, it was towards the previous poster talking about the life sentence with American woman. I don't like when people are all generalized into one stereotype because of where they are from. I am Arab from Lebanon, does being Arab mean I am a suicide bomber or terrorist? My uncle in Lebanon is married to a woman from Ukraine and she has done nothing but cause his immediate family and extended family grief and anxiety, but I know not all women from Ukraine are this way. On the other hand my wife is American, I met her while on business in Shenzhen. I was at a trade show and she was working as an English teacher. Much to everyones surprise she is a beautiful caring woman, wife to me, and mother to our 2 year old daughter.

I don't like generalization either. Would feeling sorry for "all Russian women who married the American men" be a generalization? You are correct that not all Ukrainian women bring grief to their families, just like not all Lebanese belong to Hezbollah. Thanks for acknowledging that. And for the record I do not feel bad for American women who marry Lebanese men. Your wife apparently found something in you that called out to her - and she chose to listen to the call. Our Ukrainian wives might have found the same.

Brad's comment about a drive-by hit the nail on the head. Anyone that visit's the RUB is always in for a rough going. I guess my :rofl: didn't sink in. But then, his personal family experience with a Ukrainian woman probably clouds his judgment. If you can't handle generalizations, get out of the RUB. Maybe we need more guns and pies again. :bonk:

A pleasure to be understood. On the other hand, blessed be the peace makers, right?

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

AW. I like you already because you don't call Ukraine "the Ukraine." But then again I'm simple like that. I know from personal experience that no women on the planet can wreak havoc like a Ukrainian (or Russian) woman. Not my wife, though. She's an angel. Just ask her. ;-)

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

AW. I like you already because you don't call Ukraine "the Ukraine." But then again I'm simple like that. I know from personal experience that no women on the planet can wreak havoc like a Ukrainian (or Russian) woman. Not my wife, though. She's an angel. Just ask her. ;-)

My uncles Ukrainian wife has had the entire family wanting to slit each others throats. My mother and sisters dread any sort of wedding or get together that she will be attending. It is amazing my uncle is still with her, I believe he is scared of her. Personally I find it all very entertaining :rofl:

I-751 Timeline

ROC sent 6-12-2010

NOA sent 6-14-2010

Check Cashed 6-16-2010

NOA received 6-21-2010

Touched 7-23-2010

Touched 7-26-2010

Interview date 11-5-2010

Waiting on card now

Timeline

Wait. Let me see if this is clear. You feel sorry for Alla? :rofl:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

My uncles Ukrainian wife has had the entire family wanting to slit each others throats. My mother and sisters dread any sort of wedding or get together that she will be attending. It is amazing my uncle is still with her, I believe he is scared of her. Personally I find it all very entertaining :rofl:

I'm sorry. I take it back. I had no idea you had all that experience with Ukrainian women. So what other nationalities have you made judgements about based on ONE person?

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I don't like generalization either. Would feeling sorry for "all Russian women who married the American men" be a generalization? You are correct that not all Ukrainian women bring grief to their families, just like not all Lebanese belong to Hezbollah. Thanks for acknowledging that. And for the record I do not feel bad for American women who marry Lebanese men. Your wife apparently found something in you that called out to her - and she chose to listen to the call. Our Ukrainian wives might have found the same.

A pleasure to be understood. On the other hand, blessed be the peace makers, right?

Oh, Brad, you alkways try to negotiate with terrorists. You can't.

Gary And Alla

I'm sorry. I take it back. I had no idea you had all that experience with Ukrainian women. So what other nationalities have you made judgements about based on ONE person?

Not one person, they are all over Lebanon, UAE, and New York. They have very bad reputations. And why are you so defensive all of the sudden and accusing me of hijacking planes in other threads? I have plenty of money to buy a ticket grow up :bonk:

I-751 Timeline

ROC sent 6-12-2010

NOA sent 6-14-2010

Check Cashed 6-16-2010

NOA received 6-21-2010

Touched 7-23-2010

Touched 7-26-2010

Interview date 11-5-2010

Waiting on card now

Not one person, they are all over Lebanon, UAE, and New York. They have very bad reputations. And why are you so defensive all of the sudden and accusing me of hijacking planes in other threads? I have plenty of money to buy a ticket grow up :bonk:

AW - I haven't read the other posts you mention, but what you are seeing here is years worth of irritation. Some of us have been reading drive-by posts about the temperment, motivation, etc. of Eastern Europeans for too long not to call the poster out. Nothing personal, but it is the same I think as some one calling you a terrorist because you are from the Middle East. I know next to nothing about Lebanon, except what my dad's grouchy neighbor Esam tells me. I do know not to judge your entire national culture on the behavior of a 65 year old immigrant.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

It is amazing my uncle is still with her, I believe he is scared of her.

It's called the honey pot.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.