NArocks

September 2010 Interviews

240 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My case was completed on 7/16/2010 just got SIF today 20 days later............. :blink:

It took 20 days for your case being completed to a SIF! Wow! thats a lot! I think you should be able to get a september interview. It took 15 days for NVC to schedule my interview. They should start scheduling more september interviews by next week. Good luck. :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

It took 20 days for your case being completed to a SIF! Wow! thats a lot! I think you should be able to get a september interview. It took 15 days for NVC to schedule my interview. They should start scheduling more september interviews by next week. Good luck. :)

Thank you. I'm hoping and praying that I get that September date, this wait is very annoying........ :bonk:

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you. I'm hoping and praying that I get that September date, this wait is very annoying........ :bonk:

Yeah the wait is very annoying. My priority date is july 31, 2006, and my case was approved on april 30, 2009 but there was no visa number then. Because I was over 21, the NVC waited till a week before my priority date became current to send IV and AOS bill to my mum & her lawyer. So CSPA worked in my favor. The visa bulletin that was released in April 2010 showed I had a visa number. But my mother's lawyer really slowed things down. Instead of telling us to gather our documents and send out by May 1st, he didn't, saying NVC was supposed to send instructions to send out documents. I had to call NVC and ask them. NVC told me they wouldn't send anything since our IV and AOS bills were payed online, and that I'll have to generate it from the website with my receipt details. I went to the website and generated for both me, my brothers and my dad. It gave an option of sending it to the attorney on file's email address and any other email address. I sent it to the attorney, that was when he told us to start gathering documents. I was pissed because it meant if I hadn't sent that, he wouldn't have even started the document processing. I read the NVC website and knew the right documents to submit and I told my mum. Like birth certificate I insisted they wanted original or certified copy from the issuing body and not from a lawyer, but still the lawyer went ahead and sent a copy certified copy. I insisted we were supposed to sign the first page but the lawyer said we didn't need to sign it. After posting our documents to him, he realised it needed signing and told us to sign a new form and post back to him, all these while time was going. Every step of the way I kept telling my mum the right documents that were needed but she never listened always believing the lawyer, and at the end I always told her I told you so. It took more than 4 weeks for all the documents to be finally gathered(due to the lawyer's fault), and he wasted another 1 week before sending it out to NVC and he even used normal slow mail. When NVC received it, we got RFEs. They needed original birth certificate for me, my brothers and my dad, my dad's original marriage certificate, and the lawyer messed up the ds230 forms for my brother and dad, so we had to send out the missing documents, but this time I insisted we sent it out ourselves to NVC and not to the lawyer. Doing that was agood thing. I was hoping we'd meet up with the August interviews but we missed it, and now we're for september. Its kind of annoying cos if I had done this myself, I would have gathered all the required documents in April and sent it out on that May 1st, and we would have been able to get June interview. Some lawyers are annoying. He has done a lot of wrong in our case, first when my mum wanted to file the petitions(on March 2006), she gave him the forms and check, he travelled to his home country a few weeks later and did not file the petitions till he returned back to the US which was 2 months later. As if that was not bad enough he used his check to pay for the petitions instead of my mum's check, and the check bounced. My mum had to make new checks and our priority date was finally july 31, 2006. my elder brother reached 21 on july 13, 2006. So CSPA could not even be calculated in his case. And now he's not interviewing with us, his case mught take another 1 or 2 years. I'm just venting cos thinking about all the mistakes the lawyer has made in our case is annoying, and my mum doesn't get angry. If I were the one, I would have fired him from the first mistake and done it myself, cos its pretty straightforward with instructions from the USCIS and NVC websites. He did not even tell us about CSPA, I found that out myself when browsing out of curiosity. I'm just glad I was covered by it, my elder brother wasn't so lucky. He could have possibly had a chance if the lawyer filed the petitions earlier. O well, I'm not the one who filed. I made a mental note to myself to make sure I investigate lawyers and make sure they are well experienced and competent in their field if I ever need their services. A bad lawyer can slow your case.

O well, I'm just venting. Stupid lawyer got me :angry: mad. lol.

Timeline

Yeah the wait is very annoying. My priority date is july 31, 2006, and my case was approved on april 30, 2009 but there was no visa number then. Because I was over 21, the NVC waited till a week before my priority date became current to send IV and AOS bill to my mum & her lawyer. So CSPA worked in my favor. The visa bulletin that was released in April 2010 showed I had a visa number. But my mother's lawyer really slowed things down. Instead of telling us to gather our documents and send out by May 1st, he didn't, saying NVC was supposed to send instructions to send out documents. I had to call NVC and ask them. NVC told me they wouldn't send anything since our IV and AOS bills were payed online, and that I'll have to generate it from the website with my receipt details. I went to the website and generated for both me, my brothers and my dad. It gave an option of sending it to the attorney on file's email address and any other email address. I sent it to the attorney, that was when he told us to start gathering documents. I was pissed because it meant if I hadn't sent that, he wouldn't have even started the document processing. I read the NVC website and knew the right documents to submit and I told my mum. Like birth certificate I insisted they wanted original or certified copy from the issuing body and not from a lawyer, but still the lawyer went ahead and sent a copy certified copy. I insisted we were supposed to sign the first page but the lawyer said we didn't need to sign it. After posting our documents to him, he realised it needed signing and told us to sign a new form and post back to him, all these while time was going. Every step of the way I kept telling my mum the right documents that were needed but she never listened always believing the lawyer, and at the end I always told her I told you so. It took more than 4 weeks for all the documents to be finally gathered(due to the lawyer's fault), and he wasted another 1 week before sending it out to NVC and he even used normal slow mail. When NVC received it, we got RFEs. They needed original birth certificate for me, my brothers and my dad, my dad's original marriage certificate, and the lawyer messed up the ds230 forms for my brother and dad, so we had to send out the missing documents, but this time I insisted we sent it out ourselves to NVC and not to the lawyer. Doing that was agood thing. I was hoping we'd meet up with the August interviews but we missed it, and now we're for september. Its kind of annoying cos if I had done this myself, I would have gathered all the required documents in April and sent it out on that May 1st, and we would have been able to get June interview. Some lawyers are annoying. He has done a lot of wrong in our case, first when my mum wanted to file the petitions(on March 2006), she gave him the forms and check, he travelled to his home country a few weeks later and did not file the petitions till he returned back to the US which was 2 months later. As if that was not bad enough he used his check to pay for the petitions instead of my mum's check, and the check bounced. My mum had to make new checks and our priority date was finally july 31, 2006. my elder brother reached 21 on july 13, 2006. So CSPA could not even be calculated in his case. And now he's not interviewing with us, his case mught take another 1 or 2 years. I'm just venting cos thinking about all the mistakes the lawyer has made in our case is annoying, and my mum doesn't get angry. If I were the one, I would have fired him from the first mistake and done it myself, cos its pretty straightforward with instructions from the USCIS and NVC websites. He did not even tell us about CSPA, I found that out myself when browsing out of curiosity. I'm just glad I was covered by it, my elder brother wasn't so lucky. He could have possibly had a chance if the lawyer filed the petitions earlier. O well, I'm not the one who filed. I made a mental note to myself to make sure I investigate lawyers and make sure they are well experienced and competent in their field if I ever need their services. A bad lawyer can slow your case.

O well, I'm just venting. Stupid lawyer got me :angry: mad. lol.

This is what this site is all about. It gives people a chance to share their experiences, frustrations, vent, breakdowns, etc but at the end we all understand because we have gone through or are still going through the same/similar journey. Sorry about your experience with your lawyer. I didn't enlist the services of one, I felt they were really not needed and I was right. I have to admit, if I had a GOOD lawyer I wouldn't have spent hours and hours online researching this process,but at the same time it was best for me just in case I have to go through this process again in the future, now I know exactly how it goes. I have read here on Visa Journey people with similar experiences like yours, BUT you know what? You did it!!!!! Not only are you smart, you are very strong. You got out there and did some of the leg work yourself and made things happen and now you are so close to the end of this process. Just hang in there, before you know it we will be back here sharing our "Interview Experience" :thumbs:

My case was completed August 4th... so hoping for a September interview!

Should we call next week if we hear nothing this one?

USCIS Journey

1-25-10: Mailed I-130

1-28-10: USCIS receives I-130

2-02-10: USCIS initiates processing

3-25-10: I-130 approved

-- Two months wasted waiting for case number which was already assigned without notifying us. >=( --

-- In the long run, not a bad thing, as we saved up more money. --

NVC Journey:

4-05-10: NVC initiates processing

6-01-10: Paid AOS fee / Completed DS-3032

6-04-10: Paid IV fee

6-10-10: Mailed AOS

6-14-10: NVC receives AOS

7-06-10: Mailed DS-230

7-15-10: NVC receives DS-230

7-23-10: Medical exam appointment

8-04-10: SIF & Case Closed

8-13-10: Interview letter received

9-09-10: Visa interview in London at 8:30 am ***APPROVED!***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My case was completed August 4th... so hoping for a September interview!

Should we call next week if we hear nothing this one?

Yup, call by end of this week or early next week. Hopefuly they'll wrap up the scheduling this week. My case complete is june 29th so really hoping to hear something this week!

Timeline

The scheduling week begins...anymore september interviews yet?

I'm still here waiting for my "MOMENT". I called NVC today operator confirmed that they just began scheduling for September and I should call back by the end of next week to see if I got an interview date (forget that, I'm gonna call again at the end of this week).

Timeline

Yup, call by end of this week or early next week. Hopefuly they'll wrap up the scheduling this week. My case complete is june 29th so really hoping to hear something this week!

Goodluck to you, I'm also hoping for same. Case was completed 7/16/2010, I know the week just began but it's not going fast enough.

Edited by Pakie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hope everyone gets the interview for Sept :thumbs:

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Our case was closed today, we got SIF and my husband call to confirm it has been closed. (Thank the Lord!!)

The operator told him to call at the end of the month to see if we have the September interviews, but if not we might have it until October :(

Timeline

Hope everyone gets the interview for Sept :thumbs:

Thanks Narocks :yes:

Our case was closed today, we got SIF and my husband call to confirm it has been closed. (Thank the Lord!!)

The operator told him to call at the end of the month to see if we have the September interviews, but if not we might have it until October :(

Hope you get your interview date soon :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.