jon&ktl

Round trip ticket

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Book whichever is cheapest: one way or round trip. It has no impact on your entry with the K1 visa.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

is it ok for me to get a round trip ticket while entering the US on a K1 VISA?

I am traveling with my sisters and I would like to be on the same flight as them.

The person using the K1 Visa must come with a 1 way ticket. Unless they plan to apply for AP right away (assuming they'll be approved). Remember the K1 Visa (by law) is for a non US Citizen to enter the United States and marry within 90 days.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

The person using the K1 Visa must come with a 1 way ticket. Unless they plan to apply for AP right away (assuming they'll be approved). Remember the K1 Visa (by law) is for a non US Citizen to enter the United States and marry within 90 days.

This is completely not true. My husband came on a k1 visa but got a round trip ticket because it is way cheaper. The airlines don't really care if you don't use the second ticket and don't report it to anyone if you don't. They have no idea if you left by some other means or are still there. Buy the RT ticket if it is cheaper. Most of the times it is.

-Blu-

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

This is completely not true. My husband came on a k1 visa but got a round trip ticket because it is way cheaper. The airlines don't really care if you don't use the second ticket and don't report it to anyone if you don't. They have no idea if you left by some other means or are still there. Buy the RT ticket if it is cheaper. Most of the times it is.

-Blu-

That is what I thought.

Thank you for your help. And is it a problem ( apart from the fact that we never know) if I get the ticket tomorrow when my interview is on Tuesday. The prices kee going up everyday and they already over 1000 euros.

ktl

Timeline

That is what I thought.

Thank you for your help. And is it a problem ( apart from the fact that we never know) if I get the ticket tomorrow when my interview is on Tuesday. The prices kee going up everyday and they already over 1000 euros.

ktl

Personally I would never recommend getting any tickets until you have your visa in hand. You never know what might happen in the meantime. But if you absolutely feel you must get one first, there would be no problem with that. I just think what a waste of time and money it would be if something unforeseen were to happen and you would not have your visa in hand when your flight was due to take off. Wait until you have it...then book your tickets.

BTW, AP is advanced parole...once you are married and file for your adjustment of status (AOS), you can also apply for your AP which would allow you to leave the country and return with no problems. Once you are here on your K1, if you leave the US, you will not be able to return without your green card or AP.

-Blu-

Edited by Wyld Blu

Timeline

Personally I would never recommend getting any tickets until you have your visa in hand. You never know what might happen in the meantime. But if you absolutely feel you must get one first, there would be no problem with that. I just think what a waste of time and money it would be if something unforeseen were to happen and you would not have your visa in hand when your flight was due to take off. Wait until you have it...then book your tickets.

BTW, AP is advanced parole...once you are married and file for your adjustment of status (AOS), you can also apply for your AP which would allow you to leave the country and return with no problems. Once you are here on your K1, if you leave the US, you will not be able to return without your green card or AP.

-Blu-

That is really helpful! Thank you a lot!

ktl

Timeline

You are quite welcome! That's what VJ is here for. We help each other get through the mess called Immigration! LOL

-Blu-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

-Blu-

Wyld Blu is correct. We also bought the round trip ticket because it was so much cheaper than a one-way. We had no problems not using the return trip ticket. I agree if there is any way you can wait until you have the visa in hand, it is much safer. Good luck on your interview!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Wyld Blu is correct. We also bought the round trip ticket because it was so much cheaper than a one-way. We had no problems not using the return trip ticket. I agree if there is any way you can wait until you have the visa in hand, it is much safer. Good luck on your interview!

I agree!

I also cameon a K1 with a roundtrip ticket

I had no problems at all entering and I just didn't use the ticket for back!

It was much cheaper than a one way ticket!

11/22/08 - met in America when I was au pair

05/05/09 - went back to Germany

06/24/09 - Dave visits (6 days)

06/26/09 - got engaged

07/24/09 - sent I129F to CSC

08/03/09 - NOA 1 hardcopy

09/23/09 - Dave visits (9 days)

10/19/09 - NOA 2 hardcopy

10/26/09 - aproval NVC

11/03/09 - Pack 3

11/06/09 - sent pack 3 to Frankfurt

11/13/09 - RFE about J1 visa

11/20/09 - pack 4

12/03/09 - Dave visits (7 days)

12/07/09 - medical and interview in Frankfurt --> APPROVED!!

AOS

02/05/10 - POE Chicago

04/06/10 - civil marriage

04/29/10 - send AOS Package

05/18/10 - Case transferd to CSC

06/01/10 - Biometrics appointment

06/04/10 - Ceremony wedding

-Blu-

I meant 1-way trip. I didn't mean to confuse you. The other poster clarified everything. As long as you intend on coming to marry its cool. You can buy as many tickets as you want. More $ for the airlines, there is no connection between that and immigration. Best of luck with your interview!

Edited by MrTee12

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Timeline

Bonjour :)

I came on a K1 visa but got a round trip ticket because it is way cheaper. Get which ever is cheapest for you, round trip I guess.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to contact me in private, I will help you (in french probably) :)

Good luck !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.