EllaC

Engagement ring

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

It would help if you spelled fiancée correctly.

I didn't say "fiance", which seems enough and quite easy to understand. You don't write "fiance" with two "e".

And I only used "fiancee" because it was easier to write than to just search for the "é" on my language bar.

27 NOV 2019 - I-129F mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

When it comes to buying an engagement ring for your fiancee, does it really matter more if it's a diamond or any other stone? How important is the moment of the proposal compared to the type of engagement ring chosen? Just curious to know your opinion.

i got a diamond ring but woulda been happy with anything really.A dimond doesn`t make a relationship great by itself just like the lack of it doesn`t break it.

mGDboiw.jpgmGDbm4.png

zzflag019.gif united-states-flag.gif

03/31/2010 filed I129

12/16/2010 Interwiew-Approved

02/07/2011 POE-Chicago

03/16/2011 Wedding!!!

05/23/2011 AOS,EAD,AP apps sent

07/15/2011 EAD, AP approved

10/05/2011 AOS approved

Timeline

Wait! Are you people marrying poor Indonesian girl? Isn't coming to America "diamond" enough for them? Why'd you need engagement ring at all?

Oh, and FYI, my fiance and I are BOTH from Romania. It's not like I'm from Sudan and he's an American born in the USA. Lol

Edited by Sunshine13

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

Had an engagement ring with a big honking diamond for the first marriage. Stupid thing was always in the way, and really, we could have used that money for something else (like food, rent, ... when it turned out he was useless in addition to being a jerk and I had the only paycheque). This marriage, no engagement ring. Just the matching wedding bands. It is the marriage relationship that counts, not the jewelery.

I would like to rate this comment 5 stars. It's true. The relationship is more important than the jewelry. I would have liked other people to add an opinion as well, not those comments, such as "poor Indonesian girl". It's ok to say: "I'd say gor for the diamond ring" or "it doesn't matter, 'cause the relationship it's what matters the most". I'm sure, some from VisaJourney only haunt the Green Card, but not all of us do. So, IndigoSkies, I would think twice before posting something.

Edited by Sunshine13

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Timeline

I would like to rate this comment 5 stars. It's true. The relationship is more important than the jewelry. I would have liked other people to add an opinion as well, not those comments, such as "poor Indonesian girl". It's ok to say: "I'd say gor for the diamond ring" or "it doesn't matter, 'cause the relationship it's what matters the most". I'm sure, some from VisaJourney only haunt the Green Card, but not all of us do. So, IndigoSkies, I would think twice before posting something.

Hunt :) I couldn't edit the other post. Sorry.

blink.gif

I'm not sure what's your point, but, to explain: Me and my fiance are both from Romania. I'm not a a poor girl or... a "poor Indonesian girl" :rofl: . IndigoSkies posted something on the previous page and I was like: Who said going to America should be such a huge thing? You only move there to live with your sweetie, not just to hunt a visa.

Edited by Sunshine13

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

It's definitely all about the moment. My fiance did not have the ring when he proposed to me, but he had tears in his eyes and those were the only diamonds I needed (L) . He did insist on going and buying a diamond ring and we went together and we chose a sweet little white gold one. I couldn't leave the store without a surprise I had planned though...I had saved some money, so I proposed back with a band I bought on the spot. Rings come and go, we lose them or are stolen...but nobody can take these memories away from us... (L)

Edited by Aleksa & Nico

Our Love Story's 1st page: June 15, 2008

K 1: 98 days!
May 11 - August 17, 2010 APPROVED!!!
POE: September 14, 2010 Chicago, IL
Wedding Day: September 22, 2010

AOS from K1: 96 days!
November 19, 2010 - February 24, 2011 APPROVED!!!
November 19, 2010: AOS, EAD & AP applications mailed
December 20, 2010: Biometrics (day 31)
January 18, 2011: case transfered to CSC (day 60)
February 10, 2011: EAD & AP approved! (day 83)
February 24, 2011: GC production ordered! (day 96)

Removing conditions: 5 months and 30 days!
December 6, 2012: package mailed
December 10, 2012: NOA 1 (day 4)

June, 5, 2013: APPROVED!!!

June, 10 2013: 10 yr GC received

event.png

an1cHsW0g410610MjAwMTU1bHwyNTY0MzkxbGF8d

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

This poor indonesian girl is quite happy without the diamond ring :content:

Definitely the thought and the moment that counts. The effort he went through to figure out my ring size, plan the right time, and place to ask.. I had always told him he can buy me a $10 ring if he wants, it is only a symbol to me anyway. I didn't want him to waste money on one piece of jewelry.

But he wanted me to have something that can stand the test of time, so we compromised somewhere between $10 and $10000 ;)

AOS 05/08/10 - sent05/14/10 - receipt date on NOAs - transferred to National Benefits Center06/14/10 - Biometrics Done - Lawrence, MA (original appt)07/26/10 - Interview - APPROVED!!07/30/10 - Welcome letter rec'd (notice date: 07/26)08/05/10 - Green Card (&EAD) Received! - 2 months and 28 days total!ROC 04/28/12 - ROC package sent05/03/12 - check cashed05/04/12 - NOA1 received - dated 05/01/1206/07/12 - Biometrics done02/07/13 - Approved (status update via text msg)02/14/13 - Ten year Green card receivedNaturalization07/26/13 - eligible (90 day window opened 4/27/13)02/24/14 - N-400 sent to Dallas03/04/14 - Check cashed & case accepted (update via txt & email)03/10/14 - Biometrics appt letter rec'd (scheduled for 03/28/13)03/28/14 - Biometrics done04/01/14 - In line for interview 04/03/14 - Case status change to scheduled for interview04/10/14 - interview letter rec'd 5/13/14 - interview 6/3/14 - in line for oath 6/30/14 - Scheduled for oath

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

My boyfriend proposed to me with guitar string-rings that he had made himself (we're both musicians) and we used the same rings for our little wedding ceremony :)

Edited by connyk

AOS

08/10/10 - mailed AOS/EAD/AP-package

08/13/10 - package delivered in Chicago

08/20/10 - received USCIS text messages/emails regarding acceptance AOS/EAD/AP

08/23/10 - received 3 NOA1 hardcopies

08/30/10 - all 3 touched

09/07/10 - received Biometrics letter

09/14/10 - received text msg/email - AOS application transferred to CSC

09/15/10 - AOS application touched

09/21/10 - AOS application transferred to "a USCIS office"

09/29/10 - Biometrics

09/30/10 - all 3 applications touched

10/01/10 - EAD card production ordered/AP approved

10/08/10 - AP received

10/12/10 - EAD card received

12/07/10 - AOS approved/Card production ordered

12/14/10 - received Welcome Notice in mail

Timeline

This poor indonesian girl is quite happy without the diamond ring :content:

Definitely the thought and the moment that counts. The effort he went through to figure out my ring size, plan the right time, and place to ask.. I had always told him he can buy me a $10 ring if he wants, it is only a symbol to me anyway. I didn't want him to waste money on one piece of jewelry.

But he wanted me to have something that can stand the test of time, so we compromised somewhere between $10 and $10000 ;)

I was shocked and I am still shocked about the previous comment added by IndigoSkies related to "poor Indonesian girl". I can't believe how some people just don't mind placing you a post-it note on the forehead. I'm aware of the fact that some people hunt visas, but you have to know someone to come and post that horrible thing about that certain person. And so what if an Indonesian girl finds her other half in the USA?! That can only mean she's hunting a visa so she should consider a "diamond" moving to the USA??? I'm shocked by how mean some people are. Those girls don't deserve to be loved and receive a diamond or any other gift as well? OMG.

Edited by Sunshine13

02 DEC 2019 - NOA1

23 MAR 2020 - NOA2

Mine has three diamonds, and it's gorgeous, but I wouldn't have cared if he proposed with a jelly donut.

The proposal itself was perfect.

I think most people who value the relationship will tell you that the ring is only symbolic (as it is meant to be) and that the real value is in the relationship itself. That said, nothing wrong with pretty trinkets if you can afford them - and of course the choice of stone/setting/band is simply individual choice.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country:
Timeline
This marriage, no engagement ring. Just the matching wedding bands. It is the marriage relationship that counts, not the jewelery.

I gave her a "Engagement Laptop", that allowed up to actually communicate better. Then at our ceremony we exchanged simple matching bands made of Titanium (the Divers Metal) so we could choose to either wear them or leave them on shore when we [scuba} Dive together. If she measured our relationship by the cost of the rings then I'd fall so short it isn't funny. That we feel each other's heart beats matters more than any material possession.