one...two...tree

Violent Crime Is Down in Arizona, Up in Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s County

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

What if the robber is an illegal alien? Do you have any idea how many illegal aliens go through the city and county jails in places such as Houston, TX? Some of the most sensational murders in our town have been committed by illegal aliens. Some that have previous deportations. The point being that if the extra load imposed on localities by the failure of the federal government to do its sworn duty did not exist, more local resources would be available in other areas.

Cops ain't dumb and neither is Sheriff Joe. He knows where to get more bang for the buck and he is going after illegal aliens because that is likely where a significant source of criminality derives from. He is an elected official and if he isn't doing his job he will be replaced.

The statistics obviously do not support this theory. If he really was getting more bang for his buck, then arguably his area would see the greatest reduction of violent crime, instead of the spike.

THIS IS WHY WE NEED THE MINUTEMEN

How about we arm the minutemen?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

The statistics obviously do not support this theory. If he really was getting more bang for his buck, then arguably his area would see the greatest reduction of violent crime, instead of the spike.

Not that I did anything other than glance at the stats thrown around earlier in the thread, but Maricopa county appears to be where the majority of the state's population resides. It is probably also where most of the illegal aliens in the state go to and are located.

I can assure you that the crime rate is likely ions lower in Possum Kingdom, TX than in Houston. Ditto for the rural counties in AZ vs the urban areas where the illegal flee to in order to blend in. It's not rocket science.

But I'm sure there are members here that have infinitely more time than I to research such theories. I haven't read any concrete evidence here that the sheriff's efforts against illegal immigration are the root cause of the crime spike in his jurisdiction. All I see is bloviation. Not necessarily from you, but in general. I'll least keep an open mind if I see evidence of such instead of innuendo.

I've actually traveled through and been to AZ several times in years past, but haven't really kept up with current conditions there.

Edited by peejay

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Timeline

Not that I did anything other than glance at the stats thrown around earlier in the thread, but Maricopa county appears to be where the majority of the state's population resides. It is probably also where most of the illegal aliens in the state go to and are located.

I can assure you that the crime rate is likely ions lower in Possum Kingdom, TX than in Houston. Ditto for the rural counties in AZ vs the urban areas where the illegal flee to in order to blend in. It's not rocket science.

But I'm sure there are members here that have infinitely more time than I to research such theories. I haven't read any concrete evidence here that the sheriff's efforts against illegal immigration are the root cause of the crime spike in his jurisdiction. All I see is bloviation. Not necessarily from you, but in general. I'll least keep an open mind if I see evidence of such instead of innuendo.

I've actually traveled through and been to AZ several times in years past, but haven't really kept up with current conditions there.

Let me ask you this. If you take 100 of your deputies into the desert, what does that tell the criminal element who are outside the area?

Some on here are starting to sound like the NRA and gun restrictions. Of course this was going to happen, after all this is a county using limited resources to undertake the job of the federal government. That doesn't negate the relevancy and legitimacy of what he is doing, rather, illustrates that he needs more resources to do the job and police his county.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

Timeline

Some on here are starting to sound like the NRA and gun restrictions. Of course this was going to happen, after all this is a county using limited resources to undertake the job of the federal government. That doesn't negate the relevancy and legitimacy of what he is doing, rather, illustrates that he needs more resources to do the job and police his county.

Well this is just my hypothesis based on the data at hand. Obviously more should be done to verify that this is the case.

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Let me ask you this. If you take 100 of your deputies into the desert, what does that tell the criminal element who are outside the area?

I've never worked in law enforcement, but I'll bet the sheriff likely has more than 100 deputies. I doubt the city has been abandoned by law enforcement to go out on a wild goose chase.

Since I've never worked in law enforcement I'm no expert, but I do remember when the hated Bush Jr went on a prison building spree while TX governor and actually started incarcerating violent criminals rather than being forced to release them by court order due to prison overcrowding. The crime rate fell, but it took time. The key was to eliminate the source of the crimes.

Cops know a lot more about their job than you ever will. If the criminal element and violent crime is coming across the border...that is where to concentrate your resources. But it takes time to see results.

So far I have seen no evidence that Sheriff Joe is neglecting his job. He may even actually be doing the right thing by focusing on illegal aliens if that is the source of the criminal element causing the spike.

I've seen no definitive proof that the sheriff's malfeasance has caused this spike. I recently saw a TV news report that thousands of violent illegal alien criminals are currently in jail in just one AZ county, but do not recall which county. It might even be Maricopa county and probably is since it is the most populous. That is pretty sobering and goes a long way toward explaining this strategy aimed at illegal aliens. Not all illegal aliens in AZ are washing dishes in a Mexican restaurant or come there to do so.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

It appears a number of people do not understand AJ's sense of humour (or the origin of the comments) as we have received several complaints. Please ignore the shouting man. Thank you.

so ... AJ baits and the mods defend ...

this means the mods are simply trash ...

got it ....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

so ... AJ baits and the mods defend ...

this means the mods are simply trash ...

got it ....

:(

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

I've never worked in law enforcement, but I'll bet the sheriff likely has more than 100 deputies. I doubt the city has been abandoned by law enforcement to go out on a wild goose chase.

Since I've never worked in law enforcement I'm no expert, but I do remember when the hated Bush Jr went on a prison building spree while TX governor and actually started incarcerating violent criminals rather than being forced to release them by court order due to prison overcrowding. The crime rate fell, but it took time. The key was to eliminate the source of the crimes.

Cops know a lot more about their job than you ever will. If the criminal element and violent crime is coming across the border...that is where to concentrate your resources. But it takes time to see results.

So far I have seen no evidence that Sheriff Joe is neglecting his job. He may even actually be doing the right thing by focusing on illegal aliens if that is the source of the criminal element causing the spike.

I've seen no definitive proof that the sheriff's malfeasance has caused this spike. I recently saw a TV news report that thousands of violent illegal alien criminals are currently in jail in just one AZ county, but do not recall which county. It might even be Maricopa county and probably is since it is the most populous. That is pretty sobering and goes a long way toward explaining this strategy aimed at illegal aliens. Not all illegal aliens in AZ are washing dishes in a Mexican restaurant or come there to do so.

I admit, I'm looking at the stats within the context of other issues regarding his tenure. The guy has a ton of lawsuits against him, many unrelated to immigration.

Timeline

:(

charles ... sorry ... it's now a published fact until a mod hides this post (as I'm sure they will)

the mods have favorites ... see my post.

any others would have been bannned for baiting ... but for AJ ... the mods only posted a warning to defend his baiting.

i don't want to believe that vj has lowered itself to this. yet unless i can tell he is banned for a few days for baiting ... it means vj is no longer the respectable entity it once was ... it's now trash.

charles ... you have always been fair ... called it like it was. I respect you for this.

thanks

Edited by frank bama

Timeline

Yes, we are all trash and AJ is our best bud.

Frank, your baiting posts are a TOS violation. And I am not referring to the ones in this thread. This will be your only warning.

BAITING POSTS? ... WHY CAUSE I"M DOING THE SAME AS AJ?

YEA I"M POSTING JUST LIKE AJ ... PLEASE POST THE WARNING ...

geez .... :wacko: