one...two...tree

Violent Crime Is Down in Arizona, Up in Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s County

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The missiles? :devil:

NO THOSE BEAUTIFUL PATRIOTS WHO ARE SO GAY FOR AMURKA THEY QUIT THEIR JOBS AND LEAVE THEIR WIVES TO PATROL THE BORDER AND PROTECT US FROM THE MENACE OF THE TERRORIST MEXICAN DISHWASHERS WITH THEIR SOILED TISSUE PAPER AND BAD MANNERS. GOD BLESS THEM AND MAY THE LORD TEACH MEXICANS TO USE TOILET PAPER.

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Of which 1.6 million live in Phoenix, where the violent crime rate is decreasing...so the remaining 2.4 million seem to be causing the issue. And a big one, if you consider that the decrease in Phoenix' rate is included in the overall increase...

ETA: Now that I reread the stats, I don't actually think the Phoenix violent crime rate is also part of the county stats, based on how they were gathered.

i'm not sure either ... was only posting population info. like i said just a thought.

the info posted was from the http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/04/04013.html

NO THOSE BEAUTIFUL PATRIOTS WHO ARE SO GAY FOR AMURKA THEY QUIT THEIR JOBS AND LEAVE THEIR WIVES TO PATROL THE BORDER AND PROTECT US FROM THE MENACE OF THE TERRORIST MEXICAN DISHWASHERS WITH THEIR SOILED TISSUE PAPER AND BAD MANNERS. GOD BLESS THEM AND MAY THE LORD TEACH MEXICANS TO USE TOILET PAPER.

That's hot.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

It appears to be an indication that if police focus on all illegal immigrants they then don't appear to have the capacity to handle violent crimes.

They're not focusing on all illegals, just the ones that draw attention to themselves by doing something illegal, as anyone would.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

They're not focusing on all illegals, just the ones that draw attention to themselves by doing something illegal, as anyone would.

Like sitting on the curb eating lunch?

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/11/immigrant.lawsuit/index.html

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

It appears to be an indication that if police focus on all illegal immigrants they then don't appear to have the capacity to handle violent crimes.

Just the point. They could focus on violent crime if the Federal government was doing its job (which they aren't).

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Timeline

Just the point. They could focus on violent crime if the Federal government was doing its job (which they aren't).

Excellent point! While I'm being bludgeoned to death by a crowbar from a robber, I hope they catch the illegal sitting on the curb. My life is worth one less illegal!

Timeline

Loitering? That's possible.

What I find interesting is that the AZ law is so much less draconian than what police can do under federal law where they need NO provocation to stop anyone and demand papers. Seems weird that there is so much concern about AZ codifying what any law enforcement agency can already do.

Timeline

Loitering? That's possible.

What I find interesting is that the AZ law is so much less draconian than what police can do under federal law where they need NO provocation to stop anyone and demand papers. Seems weird that there is so much concern about AZ codifying what any law enforcement agency can already do.

Oops thought we were talking about violent crimes here?

Don't get me wrong, I revile 287g.

It appears a number of people do not understand AJ's sense of humour (or the origin of the comments) as we have received several complaints. Please ignore the shouting man. Thank you.

Sorry, laughing.gif. For real? Man. VJ, sheesh.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Timeline

Oops thought we were talking about violent crimes here?

Don't get me wrong, I revile 287g.

You raised the issue of police hassling illegals sitting on the curb, no? I was just responding to that. What has that to do with violent crime? What is there to say that police can't handle any type of crime? Is there an either/or implied?

What is there to dislike about 287g?

I ask a lot of questions :lol:

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

You raised the issue of police hassling illegals sitting on the curb, no? I was just responding to that. What has that to do with violent crime? What is there to say that police can't handle any type of crime? Is there an either/or implied?

What is there to dislike about 287g?

I ask a lot of questions :lol:

Most of your questions are linked. I'm generally against any expansion of police powers, though your right the Feds have a scary amount of power (of course on a day to day basis you won't come into contact with them)

And your right, depending on the situation and the exact wording of the local laws, the police probably had a legal right to approach the woman.

Joe Arpaio's team does seem to have focused only on immigration (or least put most of his resources towards it). Many of his men have gone after illegals, who are not apart of the 287g team (ie many of his men did not train under 287g but were using it...thats part of the reason the Feds revoked his ability to use 287g (or at least a part of it).

So, perhaps the conclusion is that the issue of violent crime increasing under his organization has less to do with 287g and more to do with his mismanagement. It might be helpful to compare his rates to others in other states to determine if a similar trend is occurring.

Edited by Sousuke

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

Excellent point! While I'm being bludgeoned to death by a crowbar from a robber, I hope they catch the illegal sitting on the curb. My life is worth one less illegal!

What if the robber is an illegal alien? Do you have any idea how many illegal aliens go through the city and county jails in places such as Houston, TX? Some of the most sensational murders in our town have been committed by illegal aliens. Some that have previous deportations. The point being that if the extra load imposed on localities by the failure of the federal government to do its sworn duty did not exist, more local resources would be available in other areas.

Cops ain't dumb and neither is Sheriff Joe. He knows where to get more bang for the buck and he is going after illegal aliens because that is likely where a significant source of criminality derives from. He is an elected official and if he isn't doing his job he will be replaced.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995