one...two...tree

Argentina legalizes gay marriage in historic vote

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

That's the point

We were talking about how word usage changes - and I said that the word 'rape' has only recently been applied (and only in the US) to unlawful sexual intercourse as in the Polanski case.

Therefore the US is in danger of losing the important distinction between violent rape on a stranger for instance, and a 19 year old having unlawful sex with his 15 year old steady girlfriend

I think that using the word rape devalues the offence of violent rape

As a police officer who dealt with both types of offence, I can assure you there is a BIG difference

I do hope this clears the matter up - and the person who called me 'sick' can successfully struggle with this distinction and that we are talking about the changing uses of words rather than this offence itself.

Yes, I know there is a big difference. But I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in America who doesn't understand the difference between 'rape' and 'statutory rape'.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Yes, I know there is a big difference. But I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone in America who doesn't understand the difference between 'rape' and 'statutory rape'.

The guy who called me 'sick' doesn't understand where the sun goes every night

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Posts containing personal insults have been removed. Content without quoted insult has been returned below.

What a tell tale man ! You call me 'sick' and I 'have my head in..'

I reply that you don't comprehend - you don't get it - and you report me ?

what a snitch man - you can't win your arguments through powers of expression and so you run to teacher ?

If I was a petty person I would watch your posts in future and report you - but I am not - and I don't need to do it the sneaky way

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Why should it matter to you what the timescale is? That's surely of no relevance. You act as though nothing happens outside the Borders of the US.

You mean don't know that no nation on the planet had legal gay marriages prior to 2000? Talk about knowing nothing and asking no questions.

It doesn't strike you as the least bit odd how gay marriage as a national issue would be joke as recently as the prior decade?

Think it would be fine if I were single and married a 12 year-old girl? Sounds wrong but it is legal in at least one state and in other countries.

Massachusetts: 18 for first marriage, 14 (male) 12 (female) with parental and judicial consent.[47]

Iran: 14 for male, 9 for female [20]

Ethiopia: 18. In practice, however, children in rural areas are married young. .[citation needed] It is not uncommon to see girls as young as 6 years of age being married.[citation needed] It is also unusual for a girl to be 16 and yet unmarried.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age

Child brides were more acceptable in history but pedophila is now considered one the worst things you could do. Unfortunately, without any rationale beyond "changing values" people like yourself will just go with the flow without hesitation.

Not one gay rights advocate can explain how we got to this point probably because they don't know or care either.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Timeline
Think it would be fine if I were single and married a 12 year-old girl? Sounds wrong but it is legal in at least one state and in other countries.

I would never marry a 12 year old girl - I need someone to be able to drive to the supermarket to buy my GIN. I can't see what the attraction is - tripping up over dolls and mp3 players and stuff and hogging the bathroom to do all that incompetent make up. txts clicking away all night. School report evening.

I like em to have a bit of tread left - but 12 - the responsibility of telling em no santa claus but pat robertson is for real.

On the other hand, could I fly em half price on Delta ? Perhaps Jerry Lee Lewis wasn't so dumb after all. But eating a burger in a whacky warehouse and strawberry drinks on my car seats ?

Anyway all this has nothing to do with Looloo and Marcus shacking up with a certificate and a ring each (not in the Brit meaning).

I think it's great - and so do the confetti choppers and wedding photographers and rolls royce renters. Economic stimulus without public money.

I can't wait for George Michael to do it - bet he gets a lovely bouquet from the LA Police

No I see no downside at all - leaves more rampant totty for us real men as Blackadder's doctor said.

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You mean don't know that no nation on the planet had legal gay marriages prior to 2000? Talk about knowing nothing and asking no questions.

It doesn't strike you as the least bit odd how gay marriage as a national issue would be joke as recently as the prior decade?

Massachusetts: 18 for first marriage, 14 (male) 12 (female) with parental and judicial consent.[47]

Iran: 14 for male, 9 for female [20]

Ethiopia: 18. In practice, however, children in rural areas are married young. .[citation needed] It is not uncommon to see girls as young as 6 years of age being married.[citation needed] It is also unusual for a girl to be 16 and yet unmarried.[citation needed]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age

Child brides were more acceptable in history but pedophila is now considered one the worst things you could do. Unfortunately, without any rationale beyond "changing values" people like yourself will just go with the flow without hesitation.

Not one gay rights advocate can explain how we got to this point probably because they don't know or care either.

Why are you fixated on the year 2000? Why is it important to you?

Maybe he's a millenialist still disappointed that the world didn't end as promised?

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Sh*t reasons? Is that the best you can do? At least Novotul came up with comparing homosexual marriage to a fundamental core human right, as absurd as that is. Throwing out millenniums of human societal tradition, customs, and values that define marriage as sh*t reasons is pretty pathetic as a debating point.

You don't like change, I get it. Nor can you articulate a coherent argument against that change other than that you just don't like and therefore it should not be permitted.

$hit indeed. I think you need to do better here Peejay.... Why are you really against it. Give me a personal reason, not some half-arsed "societal tradition" BS.

Timeline

Maybe he's a millenialist still disappointed that the world didn't end as promised?

or praps he thinks it's 1999

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

ANYTHING that isnt illegal is a fundamental human right

eating fish and chips 15 times in 1 hour is therefore a fundamental human right

People confuse 'right' with 'entitlement'

I have the right to find a gay lover tonight but I am not entitled to one.

If I was, I would do a cap and trade and pass him on to someone else

moresheep400100.jpg

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

You don't like change, I get it. Nor can you articulate a coherent argument against that change other than that you just don't like and therefore it should not be permitted.

$hit indeed. I think you need to do better here Peejay.... Why are you really against it. Give me a personal reason, not some half-arsed "societal tradition" BS.

Personal reason? Are you attempting to resell Hal and Stevie's lame red herring that real men embrace homosexuality and that if you don't you're some sort of closet ** or toilet stall toe tapper? :rofl:

When you can't debate the issues you smear the opponent? I hope that's not the tree you are barking up 'cuz that dog don't hunt.

"Credibility in immigration policy can be summed up in one sentence: Those who should get in, get in; those who should be kept out, are kept out; and those who should not be here will be required to leave."

"...for the system to be credible, people actually have to be deported at the end of the process."

US Congresswoman Barbara Jordan (D-TX)

Testimony to the House Immigration Subcommittee, February 24, 1995

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

ANYTHING that isnt illegal is a fundamental human right

eating fish and chips 15 times in 1 hour is therefore a fundamental human right

People confuse 'right' with 'entitlement'

I have the right to find a gay lover tonight but I am not entitled to one.

If I was, I would do a cap and trade and pass him on to someone else

:rofl:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, my entire post was about the year 2000 disregarding the other preceding thousands of years of civilization. I don't think you're that dense and your ability to evade direct questions is your annoying trademark.

Why is making up "rights" more important to you? It's not my issue but yours as I'm guessing sure you've posted a lot more on this than I have. I already went over this ground before and got the same useless doubletalk. Still haven't been able to come with even a flimsy theory as to how or why a fundemental right to gay marriage came to be nor the reason why child brides legally had a stronger position.

David & Lalai

th_ourweddingscrapbook-1.jpg

aneska1-3-1-1.gif

Greencard Received Date: July 3, 2009

Lifting of Conditions : March 18, 2011

I-751 Application Sent: April 23, 2011

Biometrics: June 9, 2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Personal reason? Are you attempting to resell Hal and Stevie's lame red herring that real men embrace homosexuality and that if you don't you're some sort of closet ** or toilet stall toe tapper? :rofl:

When you can't debate the issues you smear the opponent? I hope that's not the tree you are barking up 'cuz that dog don't hunt.

I presume you invoke my user account with some sort of false assessment as to my position on homosexuality?

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.