Peikko

Political correctness gone mad in mall!!!

71 posts in this topic

article-1294630-0A704053000005DC-428_233x288.jpg

Different: A squat toilet, also known as a Nile Pan, like the ones which are being installed at the shopping centre

Middle Eastern-style 'squat' toilets are to be fitted in a shopping centre after bosses attended a cultural awareness course.

WCs at Rochdale's Exchange shopping centre will include two Nile pans alongside traditional western toilets when they reopen following a refurbishment.

The pans differ from western toilets as the user is able to squat over them, rather than sitting.

They are preferred by some members of the Asian community for cultural reasons and were installed to give staff and customers the option of using them.

The decision to install pans in the ladies and gents toilets came about after centre management attended a cultural training course with community activist Ghulam Rasul Shahzad.

The retired Rochdale Council training officer runs courses for the police and other organisations about cultural understanding and community cohesion.

Mr Shahzad took the centre manager Lorenzo O'Reilly and his team on a tour around Central Mosque, including a look at its toilets, as part of the course.

He said: 'The management at the centre were very committed to improving the service they offered to the community and were very responsive.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz0tfdKbDJp

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

:blink:

ohhhhh k.

Cultural? So does this mean that they've been holding it in when they're visiting? :lol:

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

As long as it is private dollars paying for such silliness, I coudn't possibly care less.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I've never tried squatting before. I wonder if it has any advantages?

Thailand has both and I've used both. Squatting is cleaner.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Wait, you people don't squat in public toilets? Like you actually sit down on the commode? Lol. What? Disgusting.

In public toilet you either squat or you hover.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I saw a Gillian McKeith program on BBC America a while back and apparently squatting helps you get it all out.

Of course if you aren't expecting the toilet to look like that it could be a bit of a strange experience.

Edited by Its a MADHOUSE

The french have had these kinds of loos for years - but apparently they are now classified as 'Middle Eastern' style toilets. You have to love the Daily Frail ;)

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The french have had these kinds of loos for years - but apparently they are now classified as 'Middle Eastern' style toilets. You have to love the Daily Frail ;)

Yeah, exactly. Public toilets in Italy are also the same.

They might as well have called them "Muslim toilets". Oh noes!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I did once in Hong Kong. Not the most comfortable position to maintain for any significant amount of time.

Hmm...I don't recall the ones in Hong Kong being called "Middle Eastern style"...

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

I saw a Gillian McKeith program on BBC America a while back and apparently squatting helps you get it all out.

Indeed! But if you don't like squatting putting your feet up on small stool (sorry..tried hard to find another word :)) while sitting on the loo works too....you all can thank me later....no rush. :lol:

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Indeed! But if you don't like squatting putting your feet up on small stool (sorry..tried hard to find another word :)) while sitting on the loo works too....you all can thank me later....no rush. :lol:

I bet - but imagine if you're busting to go and you're confronted with that stall. Perhaps you've had a couple of drinks, had some dodgy food - and you could have a recipe for real disaster.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wait, you people don't squat in public toilets? Like you actually sit down on the commode? Lol. What? Disgusting.

In public toilet you either squat or you hover.

I always use the toilet seat tissue, but yeah, I've never been fond of the idea of actually sitting on it. Gas stations and fast food restaurants along travel routes are some of the nastiest bathrooms I've ever seen.

Yeah, exactly. Public toilets in Italy are also the same.

They might as well have called them "Muslim toilets". Oh noes!

Muslets.