Derry Lea

Never got the NOA 2,will we need it at all??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello again everyone.We didn't know our petition was approved until I got Packet 3 from our Embassy here.The status online still hasn't changed and when my fiance called the USCIS they confirmed the petition has been approved on 06.25 and thats when they say the NOA2 was posted.Now what are the chances that it still hasn't arrived because of the post??After all last time the sent the RFE to us it took a week to get it,same for NOA1.Also as it is not required for the interview I will go without it,but will I need it in the future???A member here mentioned I will need the NOA2 piece if paper when I apply for AOS.I don't really feel like paying $340 for a duplicate I might not need at all...What do we do,any ideas?

thanks everyone :)

and good luck :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You do need it in the future when filing AOS.

Call USCIS and explain you never received the NOA2. They'll try to tell you you have to pay for another copy (it's very expensive) but don't accept that. Ask to speak to a supervisor and explain you didn't receive the NOA2. You should not have to pay for a replacement if you never received it in the first place.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline

You do need it in the future when filing AOS.

Call USCIS and explain you never received the NOA2. They'll try to tell you you have to pay for another copy (it's very expensive) but don't accept that. Ask to speak to a supervisor and explain you didn't receive the NOA2. You should not have to pay for a replacement if you never received it in the first place.

Well my fiance called the USCIS and they told him he has to wait for 30days before he can get a duplicate.They also told him he can not get it without paying the fee.I don't understand that.It's not like he had it and lost it.In fact they are the one who never notified us in any way...I don't know what to do.$340 for a duplicate you never received on the first place???What should he say,who should we talk to??

Timeline

Well my fiance called the USCIS and they told him he has to wait for 30days before he can get a duplicate.They also told him he can not get it without paying the fee.I don't understand that.It's not like he had it and lost it.In fact they are the one who never notified us in any way...I don't know what to do.$340 for a duplicate you never received on the first place???What should he say,who should we talk to??

That is baloney...other people have been given a free copy of their NOA2 when they failed to receive the first one. Did you speak to a supervisor? Do not accept the fee...you deserve 1 free NOA2.

We never realized that we need NOA2 to file for AOS(I-485, based on I-129F/K1 visa) until we got married almost 1 year later.

I-485 form instructions:

12. Evidence of eligibility

B. Based on admission as the K-1 fiance(e) of a U.S. citizen and subsequent marriage to that citizen

Attach a copy of the fiance(e) petition approval notice, a copy of your marriage certificate, and your Form I-94, Arrival/Departure Document.

We never received NOA2 at all.. Tried to call up the USCIS hotline, as usual they only wanted us to pay $340 for the duplicate copy. Then got an infopass to speak with local USCIS office about the missing NOA2. We have been through a lots of effort trying to get the NOA2, refused to pay the $340. In the end, we filed for AOS I-485 without the NOA2, hoping for the best not to receive RFE for the missing NOA2.

There were previous cases where people didn't receive the NOA2 and try to file for AOS without it.

Please read, then you will know it is hell of trouble with the missing NOA2.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/191816-aos-without-noa2/page__p__2846619__fromsearch__1#entry2846619

Since you are still within the time frame, please call USCIS to get them send the NOA2 for free. Good luck.

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

We got it!!! Yes we did.They never send it on 06.25 like they said they did.We got it only now on my fiance's new address.Thanks God for that.I got really really worried.But thank you all for the help.Getting ready for the interview now :) Couldn't be more excited :)

Timeline

We got it!!! Yes we did.They never send it on 06.25 like they said they did.We got it only now on my fiance's new address.Thanks God for that.I got really really worried.But thank you all for the help.Getting ready for the interview now :) Couldn't be more excited :)

Wow, thank heavens! You just avoided several months' worth of headaches! :dance:

Timeline

We never get a "letter" whe got an e mail of it . . that its ok for noa2? :help:

No, you should have received the letter in the mail. You will need it for the AOS stage.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.