naynay5885

Honeymoon Help!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi VJers!

I'm set to get married in February (we are in the transit stage from NVC to his Embassy- I-129F approved in 45 days!!), and my fiance and I are trying to figure out what our honeymoon options REALLY are. The info provided here feels like the general consensus on the US Virgin Islands and Puertro Rico is "go at your own risk".

I'm SURE someone out there has been through this and can tell us what their experience was like, and how great the risk actually is to leave the continental US. I am an east coaster and Hawaii just sounds SO far away!! Would be so much easier (and affordable) to go somewhere in the caribbean. We just don't want to take any chances!

Thanks for your help!

-Renee

If you leave the US (even to a US territory) you run the risk of the IO not letting you back in the country when you come back. The "At Your Own Risk" category is fairly accurate. The K1 visa is a one-time-only entry visa. If you leave the country and try to come back in, they could tell you you've used your visa and have to go back to your country and apply for a spousal visa instead.

Play it safe. Find a nice place to go that isn't outside the US (Hawaii might be a nice option) and get to know your new home. There are gorgeous resorts in Florida, California, pretty much any coastal state that would give you a nice get-away for your honeymoon without risking your visa.

Angela & Peter

usa.gift4527.gifuk.gif

K-1 Process (Condensed)

02/01/10: Took atty's bad advice and applied for B2 visa

02/16/10: B2 Visa Interview: DENIED - K1 Required

05/07/10: Atty sent I-129F Petition to Chicago Lockbox

05/31/10: Atty rec'd Petition back due to wrong location

06/01/10: I-129F pkg sent to VSC

06/11/10: NOA1 Rec'd/Touch

09/17/10: INTERVIEW = APPROVED

10/22/10: Marriage in the US

AOS Process

11/13/10: Mailed Packet to CHI Lockbox

11/18/10: NOA1 Rec'd via Text

11/20/10: Soc. Sec. fixed mistake/Processed SSN

11/23/10: Rec'd SSN

11/23/10: Touch

12/09/10: RFE - Supposedly didn't sign I-864 when I KNOW I did. (Copies to prove it.)

12/20/10: Biometrics Appt

12/20/10: RFE Response Rec'd/Processing Resumed

12/27/10: Transferred to CSC

12/29/10: Contacted Senator re: EAD Expedite Request

12/30/10: AOS Touch

12/30/10: EAD & AP Approved (Card Production Ordered)

01/05/11: AOS Touch (Rec'd @ CSC)

01/06/11: AOS Touch/EAD Mailed

01/08/11: EAD & AP Rec'd

01/10/11: AOS Touch

01/14/11: EAD Touch

01/26/11: AOS APPROVED!!

02/02/11: Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hope there is no issue at all going in and out of the USA territories(going to USA mainland). We are doing the opposite . After wedding we are going to live in Puerto Rico so we plan our honeymoon in the states. If you need any advice about Puerto Rico travel, let me know :))) (F)

Uniting for Ukraine

1-134 submitted - 4/25/2022

I-134 approved - 4/29/2022

Email received by beneficiary - 5/4/2022

Beneficiary submits data to USCBP - 5/4/2022

Received information about travel authorization from USCBP - 5/6/2022 (Approval but no Travel Authorization Document)

Travel Authorization Document- 5/16/2022

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you leave the US (even to a US territory) you run the risk of the IO not letting you back in the country when you come back. The "At Your Own Risk" category is fairly accurate. The K1 visa is a one-time-only entry visa. If you leave the country and try to come back in, they could tell you you've used your visa and have to go back to your country and apply for a spousal visa instead.

Play it safe. Find a nice place to go that isn't outside the US (Hawaii might be a nice option) and get to know your new home. There are gorgeous resorts in Florida, California, pretty much any coastal state that would give you a nice get-away for your honeymoon without risking your visa.

PR and USVI are not considered leaving the "country".. Flights from the mainland to PR and USVI are domestic flights without any IO when you arrive

YMMV

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

How about a cruise from New York to Massachusetts and Alaska? . . you can find a very good deals for that and the rooms are amazing :D check the page cheaptickets.com

Alaska i think can be really amazing :D

I know the idea of dont get your honey moon in the Beach sucks but think of it .. now you are together :D so any place can be nice :D in USA a lot of places are beautiful , Las vegas can be crazy but fun!

Just go out with him or her like she still you GF or BF and go out to Six flags , Sea World and trust me , when she-he is next to you , its going to be the paradise so dont worry :D

:crying: i want to be with my fiance now . .

:thumbs: good luck!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Anything direct between the mainland and the US territories should not be a problem BUT you must take extra precaution so that at no time do you transit a foreign country. I could see how some trips, especially cruises with ports of call on multiple islands and/or countries poses a serious risk. I could even see where a connecting flight in a foreign country could bar you from landing on U.S. soil again..

You can do it but plan your route carefully!!

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.